Hi all. Back after a short break of a couple of decades.

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Found this forum shortly after I moved back to the DR from Stamford, CT - found it helpful to get back in the groove of things. Met some good people, and as these things go, others that rubbed me the wrong way - a feeling that no doubt was mutual. Moved on with my life, faded memories for all involved I am sure.

The reason that finds me here again has to do with Covid, specifically the government's sudden and poorly presented announcement recommending a booster shot from a different manufacturer than the one used in the prior two doses - the latter being Sinovac for 99% of the population. I've since been hunting for information on the proposed cocktail wherever I find it - and as most/all of you know, to date there are no definitive scientific studies although there are a number of them ongoing, and most of them appear to be leaning in the affirmative. I was on Twitter, and saw the #VacúnateRD trending locally, and one thing led to another - someone linked to an article from this site, and I found my way back. I've since read a number of threads on the topic, and offered some of my views on it, which can be summed-up as a healthy skepticism. I won't be partaking of the cocktail until further data comes in. Meantime, with the help of this site, and any number of articles on the topic, I hope to gather enough information to make an educated choice as to when - or if - said booster shot becomes the concesus of the scientific community. As it stands now there are far more questions than answers on the topic - specially so in our palm-filled floating tropical paradise.

Wishing everyone all the best.

Reactions: ALLOR925

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Welcome back. If you ever find what is compatible with Sinovac please share. A lot of us are in a similar situation to your own.

Reactions: OwnRules

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Appreciate the welcome back, many thanks.

As for a definitive response on the 'quest' well, last I read 2day out of Israel is that Pfizer appears to diminish in efficacy with the Delta variant as well, but keeps most out of the ICU/death from infection. Which is also a claim made by the studies we have on Sinovac out of Chile, Uruguay, and the Philippines, although the percentages are lower than Pfizer's, Moderna's, and AZ, they are still in the high 80s overall. Thus it remains a guessing game for the time being - one that I am not willing to volunteer my body for until further conclusions are in. There are also a number of studies happening on a booster shot - mixed, in most cases - as we speak but no conclusions expected before the end of summer in the best of cases.

So it's a holding pattern for now with original protocols in place as AFAIAC.

Meet you on the regular threads - thanks again.