hi I'm new here!

Alewife

New member
Apr 21, 2020
4
1
1
Arizona/Sosua
Hi there I am new to the list. I own a business in Sosua/Cabarete. I have a few questions for sure about paying our employees ( we have been and will continue to do so) and something I heard about a government assistance for businesses that were paying and not laying off?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Angelx

chrisgy

Active member
Jan 15, 2013
321
81
28
Hi there I am new to the list. I own a business in Sosua/Cabarete. I have a few questions for sure about paying our employees ( we have been and will continue to do so) and something I heard about a government assistance for businesses that were paying and not laying off?
Hi,

There are two programs depending on what type of business you have. Both programs are for legally registered companies and they started April 2nd with first payment made to our staff April 7th. The programs are called FASE 1 AND FASE 2.

The gov't deposits in the employees account 70% of their bi-weekly salary as reported to TSS (DR's social security system) up to a certain amount. The employer has the option of covering the other 30% but its not mandatory that they do it. We do pay the 30% however our accountant says most local business's are not covering the 30%

The other is for business's still operating eg. essential business's. This program has even more robust assistance by the gov't. Since you are closed this doesn't apply to you.

There are a few other important things and it would have been best that you speak to your accountant about them however since you are asking this late in April , I'm going to assume you don't use an accountant as this would be their job to have applied for your company.

Here is the official link https://www.mt.gob.do/fase/

I don't know if it's too late to apply and get them paid for May. April's two payments are already completed. And the program ends at end of May, unless extended. The gov't has said no retroactive payments will be made but you should double check.

FYI: My three locations are enrolled in this program. So far our employees have been paid promptly by the government ... April 7th and yesterday April 21st.