Hilton To Open New 500-Room All-Inclusive Resort In Dominican Republic

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I covered the issue of rooms in post number 13..there are about 6000 new rooms in the process of construction which will bring the total to about 80,000 . This is corrected the post number 10. I have nothing more to add to my original posting .

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I covered the issue of rooms in post number 13..there are about 6000 new rooms in the process of construction which will bring the total to about 80,000 . This is corrected the post number 10. I have nothing more to add to my original posting .

Sorry chaps, my mistake, I didn't read Kipling's post properly. 80,000 rooms in Punta Cana sounds about right to me and by the time we have finished building up everything in Miches we will be close to Cancun

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
i think it’s good news El Este Punta Cana-Bavaro growing but I also think they should keep that business model with huge resorts there and not in Samana, North Coast, Pedernales etc.

Reactions: Kipling333

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I tend to agree but I wonder if even the Rainieri family have enough money to make Punta Cana a decent international airport ,because the airport is the main factor that will limit the Punta Cana/Bavaro expansion. Puerto Plata is developing into a major cruise terminal which La Romana and Punta Cana can not be . I think it would be a tragedy if the Samana Peninsula became a second Punta Cana but I know it is trending that way.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I tend to agree but I wonder if even the Rainieri family have enough money to make Punta Cana a decent international airport ,because the airport is the main factor that will limit the Punta Cana/Bavaro expansion. Puerto Plata is developing into a major cruise terminal which La Romana and Punta Cana can not be . I think it would be a tragedy if the Samana Peninsula became a second Punta Cana but I know it is trending that way.
Sorry to have to bring to your attention another "error". Read below please. This is NOT new news, just new to you I guess............

The expansion of the Punta Cana International Airport's Terminal B has an investment of USD $80 million, with a capacity to mobilize 3 million passengers. This project will have an extension of about 35,000 m² and will have seven boarding gates and seven air bridges

And if you knew Mr. Rainieri you would know he does not sleep at the switch and he has all the capital he needs to continue with any expansions necessary.............

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, the second terminal is old news......

Remember, 65% of ALL flights arrive/depart PUJ..... they are the country in terms of air travel