Hola DR1 Peeps!

Chrystalheart

May 23, 2020
Us
Hi! I'm Jen. My hubby and I are considering Las Terrenas for our eventual retirement (which is still 20 years away). We need to know which language to study.. lol. Looking forward to learning all about DR here.

Sep 22, 2009
Hi! I'm Jen. My hubby and I are considering Las Terrenas for our eventual retirement (which is still 20 years away). We need to know which language to study.. lol. Looking forward to learning all about DR here.
Hi Jen, there's a whole world out there for you on the febu group Everything Cabarete! If you don't peaky pani no issue most of them don't either!

Here in DR1, we are strictly attorneys, accountants, epidemiologists and experts on electrical power issues!

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Sorry to be the negative nelly here, but Lemme get this straight ... you are considering RETIRING to a Country , a specific Region of that Country, and you dont know what the Native Language there is and need a forum board to tell you that it is SPANISH ??

Please assure us you are not a SPAMMER

Sep 22, 2009
Sorry to be the negative nelly here, but Lemme get this straight ... you are considering RETIRING to a Country , a specific Region of that Country, and you dont know what the Native Language there is and need a forum board to tell you that it is SPANISH ??

Please assure us you are not a SPAMMER
w'Ho knows JD, she may be the real deal (HD), or a bald guy!

Chrystalheart

May 23, 2020
Us
Oh my dudes, you misunderstand me. I am also looking at Bali, which native language is Indonesian, and Taiwan (where I used to live) which uses primarily Mandarin and Taiwanese. I have had 4 years of Mandarin and 4 years of Spanish while in school, and am undaunted at learning whatever is required, wherever I end up whisking off to on my retirement.

Sep 22, 2009
Oh my dudes, you misunderstand me. I am also looking at Bali, which native language is Indonesian, and Taiwan (where I used to live) which uses primarily Mandarin and Taiwanese. I have had 4 years of Mandarin and 4 years of Spanish while in school, and am undaunted at learning whatever is required, wherever I end up whisking off to on my retirement.
Anjali, namaste, sadhu sadhu sadhu 🙏

Chrystalheart

May 23, 2020
Us
A lot can certainly change in 20 years, but no reason not to dream, plan, etc. My plans will have backup plans, and the backup plans will have backup plans, etc. LOL.

Reactions: aarhus

Chrystalheart

May 23, 2020
Us
I have been to Jamaica, and I cruised the Caribbean via a tall-masted schooner on my honeymoon. But before we definitively decide where to live, we are going to visit and investigate. I'm a long-range planner, so I like to thoroughly scope things out on the internet & in various forums to get the inside scoop long before traveling.

Sep 22, 2009
I have been to Jamaica, and I cruised the Caribbean via a tall-masted schooner on my honeymoon. But before we definitively decide where to live, we are going to visit and investigate. I'm a long-range planner, so I like to thoroughly scope things out on the internet & in various forums to get the inside scoop long before traveling.
Sounds like you're sitting on beach tipping back a few, maybe I'll register on DR1 again

Reactions: KyleMackey

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Anyone who knows what a tall masted schooner is and actually sailed on one anywhere is okay in my books. Long may your big jib draw! (That means good luck where I come from).