Hola from Camu

jrcamu

Mar 28, 2023
Camu
Good Morning,
My husband and I have lived in Camu for six months now, and I have a quick question for those having lived here longer. Has anyone ever successfully ordered a case of wine from the US to the DR, and if so, how?
Thanks very much.
Julie

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Good Morning,
My husband and I have lived in Camu for six months now, and I have a quick question for those having lived here longer. Has anyone ever successfully ordered a case of wine from the US to the DR, and if so, how?
Thanks very much.
Julie
Is it a very expensive wine or does it have to be American? If so, they sell some very fine Carlo Rossi here.
Just kidding, get the MUREDA, Spanish reasonable wine, white red or rosé. At Jeanet’s, 325. I buy them by the case of 12, 3400 Pesos.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
California wines are decent but not worth the bother to import them.
Maybe not worth the hassle of trying to import - but you should not count out Anderson Valley wines from Northern CA.
Like Baxter Langley Pinot Noir, or Witching Stick Gianoli's Pinot Noir.
I also really like the Oregon Willamette Valley Syrahs and Merlots.

Good wines can be had here in DR and a place to get a good price on some OK wines is the little Colmado just past the International school in La Mulatta.

I find the Spanish wines are a disappointment, but some Argentine & Chilean wines are nice.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Do you mean bag in box?
No. When I and my step-daughter who lives in Florida both tried to find a Dominican Door to Door shipping company who was currently shipping blue barrels from FL to DR we were told the shippers are only shipping boxes. The shipping of blue barrels appears to have been discontinued. If anyone still know of a company in Florida (not NY or Timbuktu) shipping barrels to the DR, please post the company information.

So you could put a box of wine bottles in a shipping box and have it shipped.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
So you could put a box of wine bottles in a shipping box and have it shipped.
How about wine in a box - a novel new idea.... wait someone else already did that

Attachments

• Black-Box-Wine-Merlot.jpg
    Black-Box-Wine-Merlot.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 90

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Good Morning,
Thanks very much.
Julie
Why don't you just drink the local wine?
Here's one of my personal favorites.
1681655005598.png

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Box wine keeps longer than any other -generally, the public considers it cheap wine

WRONG!!
Admittedly my palette has been forever ruined from spending over 15 years eating and drinking in the all-ins in Punta Cana.
What we had to endure was scandalous.
So I am only nominally shy to admit that I'm a boxed wine girl all the way.
It is a little hit and miss but my friendly Super C (beau, bon, pas cher) will take back the occasional bad stuff no questions asked.
I don't know if this is available in the D.R. but my current poison of choice is the Smoky Bay, Cabernet Merlot...
it's not bad.
🍇

Attachments

• P4160073.JPG
    P4160073.JPG
    415.4 KB · Views: 92

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
For me all wines are the same I tried 200 bottle wine and a 10 and to me no difference.... who knows I think its all marketing and horse crap. Now Scotch is a different animal