"Holiday from Hell"

Aug 19, 2004
Holiday from hell Britons stage sit-in at luxury resort after 'rowdy' locals on super-cheap deals use the pool as a toilet, urinate on sun loungers and 'steal food' | Mail Online

This report appears in the Dail Mail (not our finest organ)

I personally wouldn't want to stay in this type of hotel anyway but would be interested in any local insight.

Who are these people and where are the offers advertised. The report claims the hotel was "expecting another 1,700 locals" the next day.

I am not a reporter just interested in the truth?

Thanks

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Glad the Brits stood their ground..............

B in Santiago

somebody has to. small hotel operators, and larger ones, have to endure this nonsense, repetitively. i just posted a few weeks ago about an apartment complex where my friend stays when he vacations here. same thing. he could not use the pool, because someone took a dump in it.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It's true they let themselves down, I've come across it on may occasions. Yu expect it in some places like Boca or Juan dolio but if I was in a hotel paying good money, I'd also be pi$$ed to be stuck there with grouped Dominicans. Feeding time is just nasty.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It's true they let themselves down, I've come across it on may occasions. Yu expect it in some places like Boca or Juan dolio but if I was in a hotel paying good money, I'd also be pi$$ed to be stuck there with grouped Dominicans. Feeding time is just nasty.

so, apparently, is potty time. some of these guys and dolls are not yet housebroken. what can i say?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The house we rent was a weekend party house. It became available for rent because the owner had finally had enough of the chaos and destruction of locals. The pool was empty when we viewed the house, and was being scrubbed with a chlorine solution by workers. I didn't have to ask "why."

We have stayed at resorts, mainly on weekends, when the lowerer class Dominicans invade. Loud and rude...and don't even have an inkling of being loud and rude. Breaking into buffet lines. Pushing folks aside at bars.

Not an especially pleasant experience, but I understand that older resorts need to survive in a slumping economy.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I wonder what the Brits would say if they knew how much of a discount the Dominicans got. Probably better to not even mention it.

I do hope that all the folks complain to the ministry of tourism.

Those of us who live here are so accustomed to the manager's attitude.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
riu merengue is "luxurious"? the rest of the story seems spot on, thou.

It happens more than in just the summer. My last 2 visits to A'I's were spring and fall. I personally found it very entertaining and enjoyed watching the fights and craziness. Mostly because when the locals weren't there on the weekends it was DEAD!

There was no poop in our pool though and no one ****ed in me :) I just assumed they were ****ing in the pool.

It does suck for people who are a little more serious and into only relaxing in peace!

Oh i was annoyed with the fights below me in the middle of the night, I forgot that part where I couldn't sleep. I almost went down there but i'm sure that would have not turned out well....

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Ideal scenario would be to not rent to Dominicans. No problem with a small hotel but I guess it would be difficult for the big ones. I owned/managed a ApartHotel for several years and hardly ever rented to Dominicans. Semana Santa every year, I prefered to stay empty rather than renting to them. Even with the big AI's, when they do the math, they are loosing $$

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Ideal scenario would be to not rent to Dominicans. No problem with a small hotel but I guess it would be difficult for the big ones. I owned/managed a ApartHotel for several years and hardly ever rented to Dominicans. Semana Santa every year, I prefered to stay empty rather than renting to them. Even with the big AI's, when they do the math, they are loosing $$

i am a bit of an elitist, and i see no other way. i do not believe in unbridled egalitarianism, because it just cannot work. some people are not cut out for certain environments, and when they find themselves in them, they create misery for others.

some people are better suited for shopping in the colmado. put them in La Sirena, they bring 10 kids with them, whom they allow to run through the aisles, and annoy other shoppers. in the colmado, where everyone knows them, it is not a problem. when they block the aisles in La Sirena with their shopping carts, most people are not enthralled. when they put their kids IN the cart, with their dirty shoes and clothes, that does not amuse people who have to use it after they leave.

similarly, not all people are suited for things like an AI situation, because their social graces are still unevolved, and they have no idea how to behave around people from a different social class.

there; i said it.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2003
Now you know why wealthy Dominicans treat poor Dominicans like dirt. In the end poor Dominicans like to be treated like shyt. Poor Dominicans know their place and the rich know their place. It is a perfect equilibrium in a mathematical formalism. There are nice poor Dominicans around who may know how to behave but the majority do not. They can not help it. A wild ravenous animal knows only how to be a wild ravenous animal. Gorgon said it best. Leave these poor Dominicans who have the means to be in an AI resort littering the beaches of Sosua. They'll be perfect company for the thousands of Dominican prostitutes.

The other option is to bring back Trujillo. He knew how to control and instill proper behavior. No shirt did not equal no service. Your ass was hauled off to jail. That's a second point. The rowdy locals need penalties which are severe. There are no three strikes or even two. You either get it right the first time or you will be severely beaten down, jailed and beaten down again. Rowdy misbehaving Dominicans understand this brutality. They respond wonderfully to such brutality by behaving properly, not defecating in public, urinating on strangers, and other such wild displays of behavior. It angers me deeply to see such disgusting behavior and then people wonder why I am a Trujillo fan.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Now you know why wealthy Dominicans treat poor Dominicans like dirt. In the end poor Dominicans like to be treated like shyt. Poor Dominicans know their place and the rich know their place. It is a perfect equilibrium in a mathematical formalism. There are nice poor Dominicans around who may know how to behave but the majority do not. They can not help it. A wild ravenous animal knows only how to be a wild ravenous animal. Gorgon said it best. Leave these poor Dominicans who have the means to be in an AI resort littering the beaches of Sosua. They'll be perfect company for the thousands of Dominican prostitutes.

The other option is to bring back Trujillo. He knew how to control and instill proper behavior. No shirt did not equal no service. Your ass was hauled off to jail. That's a second point. The rowdy locals need penalties which are severe. There are no three strikes or even two. You either get it right the first time or you will be severely beaten down, jailed and beaten down again. Rowdy misbehaving Dominicans understand this brutality. They respond wonderfully to such brutality by behaving properly, not defecating in public, urinating on strangers, and other such wild displays of behavior.

my buddy owns a club where the upper crust of the town hangs out. the doctors, the lawyers, the political hoity toits. the locals do not frequent the place, because , as you rightly say, they know they do not belong there. i am a little weary of Dominicans saying that gringo looks down on locals. NOBODY has more contempt for the lower class Dominican than the upper echelon Dominican.

i have never heard a foreigner actually tell a local that he did not belong in the place that he was. i have seen a customer at my buddy's club ask a guy to leave, because his comportment did not fit in with the surroundings. yes, a customer; not the owner!!

les1

Feb 1, 2007

The other option is to bring back Trujillo. He knew how to control and instill proper behavior. No shirt did not equal no service. Your ass was hauled off to jail. That's a second point. The rowdy locals need penalties which are severe. There are no three strikes or even two. You either get it right the first time or you will be severely beaten down, jailed and beaten down again. Rowdy misbehaving Dominicans understand this brutality. They respond wonderfully to such brutality by behaving properly, not defecating in public, urinating on strangers, and other such wild displays of behavior. It angers me deeply to see such disgusting behavior and then people wonder why I am a Trujillo fan.
Are you also a fan of Hitler also, many similarities

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Are you also a fan of Hitler also, many similarities

actually, les, it works better if you address the posting, and either agree with the observations, or show up any fallacies that may exist. ad hominems do not advance the discourse in any meaningful way.

les1

Feb 1, 2007
actually, les, it works better if you address the posting, and either agree with the observations, or show up any fallacies that may exist. ad hominems do not advance the discourse in any meaningful way.

I can't be fussed to elaborate on someone who likes Tujillo. Just look at what he did, it's beyond debate.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
That's why I loved all inclusive resorts in Varadero, they did not allow Cubans there.... it was great there 10 years ago... but now they allow Cubans to the resorts, they also allow them to stay on the beach in front of the resorts now, so now it's the same sh@t there, on weekends Cubans spread like cockroaches all over the beach, with their food in plastic containers, throwing beer cans in the ocean... I just came back from another vacation in Varadero and I think I'll never go here again, it's not worth it anymore. I love resorts where beaches are private to the resort customers only, and where the customers are decent people only (that means that poor locals just can't afford to pay that much).

And another point, did you ever see white Dominican defecating in the pool? So it's not about rich and poor, it's about something else, you know what I mean :)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
That's why I loved all inclusive resorts in Varadero, they did not allow Cubans there.... it was great there 10 years ago... but now they allow Cubans to the resorts, they also allow them to stay on the beach in front of the resorts now, so now it's the same sh@t there, on weekends Cubans spread like cockroaches all over the beach, with their food in plastic containers, throwing beer cans in the ocean... I just came back from another vacation in Varadero and I think I'll never go here again, it's not worth it anymore. I love resorts where beaches are private to the resort customers only, and where the customers are decent people only (that means that poor locals just can't afford to pay that much).

And another point, did you ever see white Dominican defecating in the pool? So it's not about rich and poor, it's about something else, you know what I mean :)

yes, Hernandez; we have all read your white supremacist postings before. before you keep posting, be mindful of the language you might choose to use. some mods here do not have a very active sense of humor.