Hot Dogs

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
When I travel to the DR I don't like to eat out every meal. Hot dogs are always a favorite for a quick meal. For you expats what are your favorite brand of hot dogs in the DR? And don't forget the buns. Are there better quality buns that you recommend? Thank you.

S

sokitoumi

they are all horrible...bring your own or eat something else is my suggestion

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Tarheel, do yourself a favor and go to costco and buy the nathen's beef hotdogs pack (36 hotdogs), freeze them and then bring them here in a suitcase. The hotdogs here are terrible and have no real american hotdog taste. they are full of flour and other rubbery substance. If you come to santiago and bring the hotdogs with you, I will cook you up some real NY style hotdogs with onion sauce along with cold ones.

AZB

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Tarheel, do yourself a favor and go to costco and buy the nathen's beef hotdogs pack (36 hotdogs), freeze them and then bring them here in a suitcase. The hotdogs here are terrible and have no real american hotdog taste. they are full of flour and other rubbery substance. If you come to santiago and bring the hotdogs with you, I will cook you up some real NY style hotdogs with onion sauce along with cold ones.

AZB

Amen for Nathans hot dogs. I just brought in two dozen myself Sunday from Florida.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I will second (or third) the advice...there are NO decent Dominican hotdogs. And the buns aren't much better!!! Definitely something worth bringing with you...if you really want them.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
They do sell frozen Ball Park franks here but bring your own. If you are coming to Sosua, bring some frozen ground Sirloin and I will pay you double, so your hot dogs are FREE!

People do not realize that by flying at 30,000 ft, everything remains frozen and since POP is a short 20 minute cab ride to Sosua you can bring all the frozen meat you want.

Stone Crab season is coming up so if anyone wants to go in a large order of Jumbos, I'm game.....not frozen but will need a cooler with frozen gel paks.