Hotel Europa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i saw on another thread where the restaurant is closed and the hotel is up for rent or closed. some of my friends are coming in March and told me they booked rooms from Diego at a quote of 60 bucks a night for single rooms. on their website i see nothing that costs 60 bucks a night but rooms for 4 that costs 60 bucks.

can i get an accurate update on Hotel Europa. is it still notorious :paranoid:

Last edited:

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Nothing against Diego and the hotel – however there are now better options.
The New Garden Hotel – along the same road as Rockys and the Seabreaze hotel – next to Cassa Marine are now popular.

Our last visit – we stayed at Casa Manna opp Tradewinds – I know it’s a 10 min walk into town – however a lovely place and a nice guy that owns it.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
i saw on another thread where the restaurant is closed and the hotel is up for rent or closed. some of my friends are coming in March and told me they booked rooms from Diego at a quote of 60 bucks a night for single rooms. on their website i see nothing that costs 60 bucks a night but rooms for 4 that costs 60 bucks.

The hotel is still running, spoke to the owner a couple of weeks ago. Yes the restaurant is closed and the hotel is for sale but then again isn't almost everything here?

jbars

Jul 6, 2007

I just got back from Sosua earlier today and the hotel is up and running. It seemed very dead there and wasn't much activity going on there, but other than that they were renting rooms. Don't worry your reservation will be fine and you will have a great time. I hope it doesn't rain there like it did this past week. Never saw anything like that in Sosua, heavy rain everyday. Have a safe and fun trip!!!!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
thanks for your opinions. this info is for my newbie friends who read about the abundance of chicas that hang around the europa. this is their first trip so all they want is hot chicas and cold presidentes. additionally it's close to Le Passions.

i on the other hand am familiar with the other hotels. i'm looking forward to my first stay at NG next month.

belmundo

Apr 5, 2007
The Europa might look a litte dumpy from ht eoutside, but I sayed a few times and found it very comfortable. Big bed, cold AC, good price. No complaints here.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
The beds were hard as a rock (even by Dominican standards).

The sheets were heavily bleached and had a plasticky feel, which makes sense given the general sleazy feel of that hotel.

The food (when the restaurant was open) was quite literally inedible.

The pool was full of 71 year old Germans with 17 year old "friends."

The air was full of the sounds of motos and their fumes.

The nicer part of the hotel was directly beneath a strip club and hard-core prostitute bar (Domino's).

Other than that, it's a great place to stay....:paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:

DRob:glasses:

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
SIXTY BUCKS FOR THE EUROPA? No wonder the place is dead. it was probobly o.k. for the 40 or so bucks i think they were charging a while back. raising the price for a drop off in business is not the answer. The europa is guest friendly but now there seems to be other options at a better price. and lets get one thing straight, there are not many hot girls hanging out at the europa.

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
I believe this is the Europa, in front of which we were standing, back in July of 2007.
wwgjep.jpg

(I'm holding the mini-flashlight, near her navel.)

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009
any new info on Europa?

Wow a lot of negative reviews. I hear that the Sea Breeze is a dump and NG popular but the rooms are far inferior to Europa. Any opinions please.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Wow a lot of negative reviews. I hear that the Sea Breeze is a dump and NG popular but the rooms are far inferior to Europa. Any opinions please.

sea breeze is not a dump..i had friend staying there last week and the place is nice for 40 bucks.. a bed, a flat screen, cold and hot water, a fridge, and guest friendly for all the guys that need it..the new garden has two sides, the old sides rooms are very small and not nice. the new side has nicer rooms but will run you about 65-70 bucks. i think that is overpriced fora hotel like that. the rooms are nothing special, except a few on the newer lower floor have jacuzis.. Another drawback is that the new garden allows those desperateworking girls to hang out and harrass the guest in the courtyard all day..the europa is the europa, big rooms, many have kitchens with stove and stuff to cook in your room if you want to.the place is a little dated and can use some fixing up..it is up for sale and it seems like that it is not being kept up like in the past..they are charging over 50 or 60 bucks now, and i think that is way to much for this place.it is in a seedy section of town and should be about 40 bucks.

They are all guest friendly, but i think for 40 bucks sea breeze is the best choice. It also is in a good location. I cant believe that place was empty for so many years. the place seems like it is doing good business..

czack

Aug 30, 2009
Just returned One Night Stay here be very carefull

BE very very carefull of this dump. My friend and I stayed here for one night. my friend was outside, I was in the room using the laptop when the security guard came and knocked on my door, he told me " amigo problemo" I put on my shoes closed the door went outside found my friend, who was having no problems ........ he was on the back of a motorbike getting ready to take off. I went back to the room ( I was gone less than 10 minutes) and found our cellphones and laptop computer missing from a locked room. I tried like hell to get our equipment back even offered to pay. NO Luck ........ even from the tourist police. We then went and checked into the Hotel Casa CAyena and had a good stay the rest of the trip. They informed me this is not the first time they have heard of this problem at Europa.

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009
BE very very carefull of this dump. My friend and I stayed here for one night. my friend was outside, I was in the room using the laptop when the security guard came and knocked on my door, he told me " amigo problemo" I put on my shoes closed the door went outside found my friend, who was having no problems ........ he was on the back of a motorbike getting ready to take off. I went back to the room ( I was gone less than 10 minutes) and found our cellphones and laptop computer missing from a locked room. I tried like hell to get our equipment back even offered to pay. NO Luck ........ even from the tourist police. We then went and checked into the Hotel Casa CAyena and had a good stay the rest of the trip. They informed me this is not the first time they have heard of this problem at Europa.

Ah Hah thieves at the Europa. Was the restaurant still closed as well? How about ice could you get ice? With the Sea Breeze allegedly having the theft problem (from several reports) from those fire proof letter boxes they call safes and not choosing to fix them and with the Sea Breeze having no bar so NO ICE for drinks I see you chose Cayena or New Garden. We all know NG is a partying good time and some like that but how was the Cayena as far as the pool scene with female guests and do they have free ice availble and refrigerators in the rooms?

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009

I read your other post on another thread about the lose of your friend I am very sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.