Hotel Refugio BC

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Anybody stayed here? The pics online look great! Is it a quieter area than El Candil?

Any info appreciated?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
did once

Anybody stayed here? The pics online look great! Is it a quieter area than El Candil?

Any info appreciated?

Did once about 3 years ago and moved! I do hear that its better now, whats the price you have think its about 14k a month last I heard, this was from a tourist that was there about 4 mo ago. Not great and other places you can stay for that amount.

check out parque el conde Condo-Parque - Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo, Dom.Rep, all

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Wow....something may have changed....rooms are advertised as $50 a night (same as Candil, but this place looks nicer)

The location was my concern....it appears to be close to a couple of decent waterfront spots

I really only need AC, a fridge, a CLEAN bed and hot water......that's close to cold beer and the sea!

sawsky

Jan 12, 2007
i was there last year 2006 it was 900.00 a month u.s it is in the quieter part of town it.s next too the hamaca i think the oasis coral now

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Ooooppps

Did once about 3 years ago and moved! I do hear that its better now, whats the price you have think its about 14k a month last I heard, this was from a tourist that was there about 4 mo ago. Not great and other places you can stay for that amount.

check out parque el conde Condo-Parque - Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo, Dom.Rep, all

MY bad misread this, was thinking of the refugio in Santo Domingo. sorry forget what I said!

Chinita8

Jan 26, 2007
I stayed there over New years this year. It was very nice, very well kept and clean, it is a more relaxed/quiet area but you are next to Hamaca and really close to everything. The people are really nice, they offer breakfast in the morning and you are practically on the water, not to mention across the street from some good restaurants (boca marina and neptunos). I stayed by myself and I felt safe, for there is not only security from Hamaca on the corner but on the road as well because of the restaurants. Hope this helps! Any other questions lemme know!

profe

Oct 25, 2004
Quiet

Is the hotel itself quiet (with respect to rowdy noisy guests-are they allowed or constrained):bunny:

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Uhhhh, hope you ain't planning on being there when I'm there....I'm loud at breakfast....dominican coffee and Brugal Extra Anejo.....

I come home late, tip the security guard and drink with the employees...

..read Chinita's post number 7.....it's exactly what I want and I'm gonna be there in late 2007 and early 2008....I'm not rowdy, but your post suggests "whiner".....

I'm sure the hotel and the owner maintains the respect of the guests....