Hotels in Cabarete?

The Creature

Mar 13, 2013
I have visited a few times and may be coming again soon, I hope.

In the past, I have stayed at Millennium twice and Villa Taina once.

Millennium was higher end with a pretty good restaurant and pool but the pool was always freezing. It was very clean and they were friendly if you wanted to bring a guest back to the room. For a small penalty, of course. It is a little far from the action but only about a 10-15 minute walk. Not a bad thing. Some of the recent reviews are iffy and it sounds like service has slipped.

Villa Taina was right in the heart of the action and felt a little older. Small pool, always crowded. Not as clean as Millennium. Security at night was tight but sometimes they wouldn't bother you if you had a guest. I understand this hotel is now for sale and I am not sure how this may affect things. Last time I was there, construction started on something next door. I was told it was a hotel but I see no sign of it on the latest Google Maps which is a few years old.

Any other recommendation for a Cabarete hotel that is clean, has a good pool (heated?), close to the action and is guest friendly? Thanks.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Any other recommendation for a Cabarete hotel that is clean, has a good pool (heated?), close to the action and is guest friendly? Thanks.
I've been to both Velero Beach Resort and Kite Beach Inn in the past month. Velero is by far the better hotel of the two and has a lot more dining and bar options in walking distance. They include breakfast and have a bar and restaurant on site. Pool was clean and didn't need to be heated. KBI has a smaller pool but I didn't use it. I'm not into kite surfing but it was entertaining to watch for about 5 minutes. Both hotels were clean. Can't tell you their guest policies as mi amiga frowns upon that sort of thing.

Reactions: cavok

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Cabarete Palm Beach Condos has one bedroom mini condos with a kitchen. Ocean view and right in the middle of the action. Guest policy is no commotion no problem.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Valero is nice and has a bar and a good restaurant as already mentioned. Elvis used to have his bar almost directly across the street and many Valero owners and renters were frequent customers. It was guest friendly back then.