Hotels & Resorts Limiting Dominicans Reservations

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
there are certainly a number of uncouth and boorish folks here. However the Gold medal goes to Las Vegas. The entire town is a study of disgusting excess. Obese drunks as far as the eye can see. The only dirty words in that town are salad, vegetables and moderation.
Yeah haha they are probably Dominicans…

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just booked for next week 39 adult Dominican and 12 children in Sunscapes PP. The ladies might get loud with off key singing, that is about all the bad behavior they will have.

Bluenoser

Feb 26, 2019
A year ago we spent a week at a resort, due to covid, there were not may foreign visitors in the DR at that time.
The resort was operating at reduced capacity, and the majority of guests were Dominican nationals.

We were sitting outside their sports bar, enjoying the light jazz music the bar was playing inside and on their speakers facing the outdoor seating area.
A large family of Dominicans came along and sat down at two tables near us, One fellow had brought his monster, portable speaker and fired it up, blasting meringue music which drowned out everything within a few hundred feet. Seeing that nothing was being said to them, we chose to leave.
On our way through the lobby I saw a management type person and mentioned it to him.
He agreed that this was disrespectful and said he would speak to them. We continued on our way through the lobby and he went in the direction of the loud music. I chose to sit in the lobby for a while to see what would happen when he approached them.
Nothing happened, because he walked right past them, as if they were not there.

I can see on the public beaches that it would be difficult to keep people from bringing their own music sources, but at a resort?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Dominicans getting day passes or spending weekends at AI's is nothing new, but during the pandemic these AI's were desperate and offered bargain basement prices and they ended up attracting the worst of the worst. There were a lot of small-time, independent "tour operators" bussing Dominicans to the AI's.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
what is worse? a group of Dominican families drinking and being loud around the pool or a group of union bus drivers and dry wall hangers from Philly spending 1 months' salary drinking and being loud around the pool. I would never go to an AI

Reactions: Tarheel

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
what is worse? a group of Dominican families drinking and being loud around the pool or a group of union bus drivers and dry wall hangers from Philly spending 1 months' salary drinking and being loud around the pool. I would never go to an AI

We enjoy them on occasion. Probably twice a year for 4 days each. We've gone to Hard Rock and Riu Palace so far. Hard Rock has priced itself out of my paygrade. Riu is fine because I enjoy the pool much more than the beach. My kid prefers the pool too.

We stay away from American and Dominican holidays and weekends when possible. In 5 instances, of going, never had an issue. No problems with staff or with other customers. It's a great mini vacation to just chill, but after 4 days I've had enough.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I like the beach down by the Hard Rock and Rui. A bit of a rougher surf than Bavaro Beach but I like it. I remember when they were building the Hard Rock, I think it was originally the Moon Palace (?). We have never really had any issues with our stays at an AI in Punta Cana. I suppose it also depends on the resort you choose.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
We enjoy them on occasion. Probably twice a year for 4 days each. We've gone to Hard Rock and Riu Palace so far. Hard Rock has priced itself out of my paygrade. Riu is fine because I enjoy the pool much more than the beach. My kid prefers the pool too.

We stay away from American and Dominican holidays and weekends when possible. In 5 instances, of going, never had an issue. No problems with staff or with other customers. It's a great mini vacation to just chill, but after 4 days I've had enough.
Next time try this place. How is 5300 rd for a double room AI on the beach? And a very nice hotel.............

Reactions: NanSanPedro

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Next time try this place. How is 5300 rd for a double room AI on the beach? And a very nice hotel.............

Very good price. Punta Cana is farther than we want to travel by bus from Jarabacoa.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020

Their website has a "special" internet rate of $71.00. Add $4.00 for refundable. This is mid-September, 4 weekday nights for the lowest price room. Reviews look to be middling, but for a beachfront AI I'll make the sacrifice. Thanks for the tip!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Their website has a "special" internet rate of $71.00. Add $4.00 for refundable. This is mid-September, 4 weekday nights for the lowest price room. Reviews look to be middling, but for a beachfront AI I'll make the sacrifice. Thanks for the tip!
I know ONE person that posts here that can drink $71 worth of alcohol per day himself...............

• Haha
Reactions: Joseph NY2STI
Jan 9, 2004
not being an "all you can eat and drink person" and swimming in a urine, fecal and vomitus stew is equally unappealing, I will stick with the countless other options.
Certainly the AI model works........as the tourist numbers certainly reflect that success.

My AI of choice in PC is the Hyatt Ziva.

That having been said, my go to spot for a non-AI experience, and my first preference in PC, is Tortuga Bay.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

That's a double room, but I'm sure that is the price per person, right? For only one person, they usually charge 50% more.