House in SDQ

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Good day, I have a two story three bedroom house in Ensanche Isabelita in the South East part of the city near Avenida Espana. As I do not visit and use it much anymore I would like to either rent it out or sell it. Can anyone recommend a good and trustworthy Realtor near that area to handle this for me...?

Thanks in advance...

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
It's the worst time for selling real estate now here. You need to go really well below the market price to sell anything. You may consider renting it until this Covid–related economy crisis is over, and then sell it.

Regarding the realtor, you don't need one for this, just put the ad on super-casas.com. And ask a trustworthy friend to show the place if somebody is interested.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
It's the worst time for selling real estate now here. You need to go really well below the market price to sell anything. You may consider renting it until this Covid–related economy crisis is over, and then sell it.

Regarding the realtor, you don't need one for this, just put the ad on super-casas.com. And ask a trustworthy friend to show the place if somebody is interested.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I would not rent without an attorney.
My experience doing business in 🇩🇴 (even with an attorney that has my back) has not been pleasant.
Especially if you do not speak Spanish.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I would not rent without an attorney.
My experience doing business in 🇩🇴 (even with an attorney that has my back) has not been pleasant.
Especially if you do not speak Spanish.
That's right, once you find a potential buyer/tenant, you may need an attorney to check all the documents, contract, etc., if you can't do it yourself. But if we are talking about Santo Domingo, you don't need a realtor to find a potentional buyer/tenant, you just need an ad on super-casas.com. That's exactly what your realtor will do, post an ad there, and you can do it yourself.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I've rented 3 separate places here without an attorney. It's been ok. The thing is, if you're out of the country, you do need someone to look after your interests. Do you have a close friend you can trust?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I have rented two different places without an attorney.
It has not been ok.
I have proceeded with an attorney after my two experiences.
And yes, I would not proceed to rent to anyone without an attorney on board to manage my interests.
A friend looking after my interests will not cut it if there is a problem.
In my opinion...
And experiences.

Reactions: irishpaddy

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
Good day, I have a two story three bedroom house in Ensanche Isabelita in the South East part of the city near Avenida Espana. As I do not visit and use it much anymore I would like to either rent it out or sell it. Can anyone recommend a good and trustworthy Realtor near that area to handle this for me...?

Thanks in advance...
I've been in contact with Mudate before. Real estate agents speak different languages.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

Thanks in advance...

Get the house appraised and quickly put it on the market!
Forget renting!
Pitch to foreigners online as well.
The appraisal value is the one you must go by if you really want to sell it.
Asking price based on personal goals will see you waiting years to sell it.

Best of luck!

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Anyone in SD East care to take a leisurely drive by the house on a Sunday afternoon outing and maybe take a photo or two...? There should be no activity at the house and definitely no one living in the house at this time. The house is a couple of streets North of Avenida Espana. I would be happy to pay for your time....PM if interested and I will provide the address...

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Anyone in SD East care to take a leisurely drive by the house on a Sunday afternoon outing and maybe take a photo or two...? There should be no activity at the house and definitely no one living in the house at this time. The house is a couple of streets North of Avenida Espana. I would be happy to pay for your time....PM if interested and I will provide the address...

Just use google streets and put the phone on horizontal horizon. Take screen shots and use those. People will always go see the property if buying. All you need is a price and a pic and that’s it!

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
How much are you looking to rent it for? Searching for a few places to rent long term for investors traveling here back and forth...

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
How do you get in? Do you have a lock box?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Get the house appraised and quickly put it on the market!
Forget renting!
Pitch to foreigners online as well.
The appraisal value is the one you must go by if you really want to sell it.
Asking price based on personal goals will see you waiting years to sell it.

Best of luck!
have 2 big ones across the street from me, both for sale for years..,.what they are worth and what sellers want , are not even close...if you let some of these cement houses sit for years with no upkeep...then they are worth what the land they are on sells for..............