Housing Developements Other Than Casa Linda?

dreamin

New member
Jul 25, 2004
18
0
0
63
We have looked around on the Casa Linda website ,but wondered if anyone knew of any other similar housing developements? :cool:
 

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
7,716
6
0
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Most other places other than Casa Linda sell you the lot and you build the home. Casa Linda has just a few choices and that is it, and they are the builders and others don't build there.

Also check out Lomas Mironas across from Sea Horse Ranch. A bunch of us here own land and are building there. Gated and way bigger lots. At least a half dozen of the people on this board are there.

Costa Azul is another, and Residential Gisol and more that I don't know off hand.

Scott
 

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
655
14
0
www.simon-hall.co.uk
What's wrong with La Mulata III Then?

Ok so it's off the beaten track but we are building a fence going all the way around the whole site and the security gate and night time security is being sorted - apparently! I know of houses and vacant lots for sale here and the lots are 4000m with good sea views.

The only sound you hear at night is the distant popping of firearms, and the barking of attack dogs in LM II. Oh - and the damned frogs!

Simon
 

JanH

New member
Dec 26, 2002
497
0
0
Simon - i'm sure there are plenty more - I just don't know all of them.

Scott - In his email to me, I understood that they liked gated. That's why i didn't mention Lomas Mironas. There's a guard at the entrance, but no gate. they also don't have bonafide 24 hr roving security guards. Many of the lots are almost an acre, however. I would be interested in building at Lomas once it gets better established.
 

goflo757

New member
Apr 7, 2003
8
0
0
Lomas Mironas

JanH said:
Simon - i'm sure there are plenty more - I just don't know all of them.

Scott - In his email to me, I understood that they liked gated. That's why i didn't mention Lomas Mironas. There's a guard at the entrance, but no gate. they also don't have bonafide 24 hr roving security guards. Many of the lots are almost an acre, however. I would be interested in building at Lomas once it gets better established.


Wait a miniute....we have 6 security guards at Lomas and they are there 24 hrs & patrolling the area. In the last year, we've only had one breakin & that was at a property where they renters brought in chicas who also came with armed boyfriends.

It is a very safe area. I've been living there--alone--since December and wouldn't live anywhere else.

Now, there are only 7 lots left for sale. When the Sea Horse Ranch golf course gets started, I'm sure the prices will go up......

It never hurts to get your info from a good source!
 

JanH

New member
Dec 26, 2002
497
0
0
Goflo - Thanks for response. We were there several times in May with a realtor. We saw the guards and the additional guard in the little shack at the back of the subdivision. In all the times we've toured through there and spent time there, we've never seen the guards actually walking the streets, as in other subdivisions. That's why I said that. Also, it doesn't actually have a gate, so you could drive right through if guard is off in the shrubs taking a leak.

It is a very nice development and I think it will mature in the future. You're right - the rumor about the golf course will increase all of our land values in that vicinity.
 

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
618
14
0
goflo757 said:
Wait a miniute....we have 6 security guards at Lomas and they are there 24 hrs & patrolling the area. In the last year, we've only had one breakin & that was at a property where they renters brought in chicas who also came with armed boyfriends.

It is a very safe area. I've been living there--alone--since December and wouldn't live anywhere else.

Now, there are only 7 lots left for sale. When the Sea Horse Ranch golf course gets started, I'm sure the prices will go up......

It never hurts to get your info from a good source!

Is there a website with info on Lomas? Thanks Tom
 

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
7,716
6
0
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
JanH said:
Goflo - Thanks for response. We were there several times in May with a realtor. We saw the guards and the additional guard in the little shack at the back of the subdivision. In all the times we've toured through there and spent time there, we've never seen the guards actually walking the streets, as in other subdivisions. That's why I said that. Also, it doesn't actually have a gate, so you could drive right through if guard is off in the shrubs taking a leak.

It is a very nice development and I think it will mature in the future. You're right - the rumor about the golf course will increase all of our land values in that vicinity.
It really does actually have a gate. There are people on this board who I have shown the community to that were with me when they wouldnt open the gate for me and I own there. Perhaps you went somewhere else that didn't have a gate? You may be talking about the unmanned guard house at the bottom of the hill by the main road. The gate is where there are homes so that the gate can also guard.

Scott
 

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
7,716
6
0
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
JanH said:
Simon - i'm sure there are plenty more - I just don't know all of them.

Scott - In his email to me, I understood that they liked gated. That's why i didn't mention Lomas Mironas. There's a guard at the entrance, but no gate. they also don't have bonafide 24 hr roving security guards. Many of the lots are almost an acre, however. I would be interested in building at Lomas once it gets better established.

Jan, I don't know how to tell you but it "is" gated. With a real manned gate that needs to go up and down to let cars through. We also have bonifide 24 hour roving security guards.

Also most of the lots are NOT an acre or even close. I think I have one of the biggest 5500 meters + or - because I bought 2 and put them together. One was 2500 meters and the other 3090 meters. I imagine that they all look big compared to 6-700 meter lots at Casa Linda.

All the lots in the original subdivision I believe are sold. They just opened another section and built 2 new roads w/blacktop and underground utilities. What exactly do you mean by mature. I believe about 70 lots have been sold and about 10% of them are being built right now as I type with many more already built and lived in for years. They may have another dozen and a half to sell with the new roads but I am not certain.

If you would like me to take you up there and show it to you I would be more than happy to. Just give me a call when you get to town.

Hope this clears things up.

Scott
 

wayne

Member
Dec 25, 2003
251
2
18
Is the security going to be better in the future? I walked in the development from EL Choco road and walked around for about 10 minutes and never saw a security guard once. Didn't give me much confidence so I bought a lot in Casa Linda where this definetly wouldn't happen