How are important "city hall-type things" going on in DR now?

Aug 5, 2015
For example, I always heard that sometimes things take longer to get done than they would in first-world developed countries. Also, I heard that sometimes during the holidays, things slow down even more.

During this Covid/Pandemic time, are things like getting a cedula, renewing licenses, setting up a new business, dealing with real estate, and other important document-type things that usually involve lawyers, notaries, and signatures taking longer than usual? I'm mostly asking for handling these things in Santo Domingo, but also curious of how it's going in your area as well.

Are there some government offices that are completely closed and won't be opening up until further notice?

I'm asking because if I decide to travel to DR soon (mostly for business purposes), I don't want to have things take THAT MUCH longer than they normally would in DR pre-pandemic.

Thanks for any advice and input.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
There are the usual unexpected delays and red-tape, but things that I have done, like renewing my cedula, have been pretty much as usual. I don't know of any govt. offices being permanently closed due to Covid. Just remember to bring your proof of vaccination or you will almost certainly not be allowed to enter government buildings.

Reactions: InterestedSugoya
Aug 5, 2015
There are the usual unexpected delays and red-tape, but things that I have done, like renewing my cedula, have been pretty much as usual. I don't know of any govt. offices being permanently closed due to Covid. Just remember to bring your proof of vaccination or you will almost certainly not be allowed to enter government buildings.
Thank you for the answer. I'm still in New York right now, and some government offices are shut down here (or only processing applications online), so I was trying to gauge how things are in DR.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Most things in DR you now have to start online these days and the systems work reasonably well. But there is still a cultural thing IMO that if someone in a City Hall type job can make things more difficult, or find a piece of paper that you haven't got, they love this.

Reactions: InterestedSugoya