How are these murderers entering homes?

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
I'm wondering if you analyze all the murders and deaths in your country of origin every day of the week ???
Then, why do it here ??
$hit happens everywhere....
Have a nice weekend !

Small community and active board dealing with subject that concerns everyone

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
So the Dominican Republic is world class when it comes to chismes. The comment that caught my attention more than most was the woman who criticized other commenters for questioning the victim's sexuality (I agree with her it's one of the least important facts of the case). The thing she said that made my jaw drop was "cabanas are used for thousands of different things." For me, that is like saying feet are used for thousands of purposes. Yes, cabanas and feet may be adapted from time to time but much more often than not, feet are used for walking and cabanas for what Cris Colon mentions in some of his posts :)

well, i mentioned stabbing because that is seemingly a cause of death.
if you are looking for lots of speculation regarding this death check la zeta, comments section under the article:
Z 101

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I think his sexuality is an important fact of the case. Especially for where to look for possible suspects.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
More than once I have seen people comment that the weak link in window bars was the cement.

Has anyone ever considered using long bolts that go all the way through wall and bolt to steel plate on the inside?

Yup, thought about but I determined that someone can get it either way. There are a number of ways to get through the window/door bars.....one is using a crowbar to pry them off the cement, if you secure the bars strong enough so that this can't happen, a thief can use a hacksaw to cut through the bars OR they can use a car jack to split the bars open. The idea of the bars is to detain or slowdown a thief; the bars alone are no deterrent. You MUST have an alarm system that will sound should someone enter your yard....there are also vibration/shock sensors that are attached to these bars which trigger the alarm should someone mess with the bars. So that bars alone aren't what's going to keep the thieves out. A good secure house has....

1) Bars on doors and windows.
2) 1-2 dogs that bark should someone come near your property. This is good for daytime robberies (home invasions) where the owners are home and the thieves wait in the yard.
3) Security cameras.
4) Alarm system.
5) Never leaving the house alone.
6) Nosy, or alert neighbors that come out if they see anyone or any car approach your property and ask questions. My neighbors are like that.....if they see a car or person come knock on my door they instantly approach them and greet them.

Though it sounds like a lot; this is probably the only way to steer clear of home invasions and robbers.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I didn't realize that my security "Bars",were anchor welded to the "rebar" inside my walls, UNTIL, I moved a security door.
They had to break out the cement to expose the weld, then use a cutting grinder to cut the door out!
I felt good that day!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
unfortunately most serious crimes in my area have been committed in daylight hours- my own being at around 10-30am so going into lock down mode at dusk doesnt really help

Evidently they didnt target my house for any specific reason or they would have realised there was nothing worth stealing

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
2) 1-2 dogs that bark should someone come near your property. This is good for daytime robberies (home invasions) where the owners are home and the thieves wait in the yard.
3) Security cameras.
4) Alarm system.
6) Nosy, or alert neighbors that come out if they see anyone or any car approach your property and ask questions. My neighbors are like that.....if they see a car or person come knock on my door they instantly approach them and greet them.

what do you do when you want to go in the pool or do some gardening-you will be alone in the garden

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Yup, thought about but I determined that someone can get it either way. There are a number of ways to get through the window/door bars.....one is using a crowbar to pry them off the cement, if you secure the bars strong enough so that this can't happen, a thief can use a hacksaw to cut through the bars OR they can use a car jack to split the bars open. The idea of the bars is to detain or slowdown a thief; the bars alone are no deterrent. You MUST have an alarm system that will sound should someone enter your yard....there are also vibration/shock sensors that are attached to these bars which trigger the alarm should someone mess with the bars. So that bars alone aren't what's going to keep the thieves out. A good secure house has....

3) Security cameras.
4) Alarm system.

Though it sounds like a lot; this is probably the only way to steer clear of home invasions and robbers.

I wouldn't call it paradise though

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
I've heard that they get the bars off the windows and/or doors with a car jack, that way not making too much noise.

And its usually somebody who "knows" the house or the people and their habits, somebody watching nearby, thevertheless its people we know, or somebody sent bythem......and sometimes our carelessness too....

My moms apt in Santiago got broken into recently because she sent my aunt to get something forgotten before they left and in the hurry, only closed the iron door but didnt lock it when she came back down. Somebody was watching for the opportunity to break in...who knows, maybe my aunt was in on it...nothing was stolen though, only damage to the wooddoor...probably looking for jewelry and money,easy stuff to leave with fat chance there! Lucky they werent in...

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
I hope your aunt doesnt read dr1 she may be offended

LOL!!! She doesnt read dr1.....Im just only kidding but.....its a VERY REMOTE POSSIBILITY!!!

this is only the second time they broke in, the first time 20 years ago was HER FAULT TOO!!!
We were going to Santo Domingo for our residency renewal and ASKED HER TO STAY IN THE APT and she said yes....After we left, She left town TO MOCA to visit a friend ....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... although we SUSPECTED THE UPSTAIRS NEIGHBOR WAS THE ONE REALLY INVOLVED, as he was the only(UNEMPLOYED, BY THE WAY) person that was In the building that knew we were out of town....and he SWORE he didnt HEAR A THING and acted funny after the incident..

SAME MODUS OPERANDI.....LOOKING FOR MONEY AND/OR JEWELRY, WHICH THEY DID FIND AND STEAL :(

I actually commented this thread with mom and she laughed it off about my aunt being involved, I'm not so sure now. :(

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Here's another thing thieves try...they actually wear suits and ties to look like businessmen to fool people...they can either approach you easier to mug you or they'll break into your home and pack the stolen goods in your own suitcases!

And a lot this happens in broad daylight!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
A couple of years ago I was burgeled. I thankfully was not there ( for me and for them... ).

I had 2 dogs, they were drugged or poisened, survived ( but have also survived massive doses of somnifer///thats why I dont know ), suspect someone who was around my place quite a bit so also knew the dogs.

I have bars on the window they went through ( outside ), they cut through the 3 anchors on one side and than used a jack to force an opening ( top, bottom and other side anchors were still in the ciment ).

The house has high walls around it with glass atop. They came over back wall that gives on to conuco (inside 2m, outside 3m50 at least ////// foundation is the diffrence ).

My brother in law was paid ( at the time ) to watch the house ( wwhen we are abroad ), not clear if he was there or not.
Anyway they broke the ceramic and concrete aroind my safe in the floor of "dressing", through the safe over the stairs, back out window, over wall back throug conuco over the barbedwire and 700m along the river with a 100kg safe!!!

Family found the safe next day, open. Some of my wifes jwelery ( one gold set only ), 9mm pistol ( no ammo, no chargers ////kept seperatly when I am away, titles to land and house. So nothing dramatic actually well maybe for them.

So if all didnt stopped them, I dont know what will ( killer lasers and a couple of claymores maybe..).

So u need all the security but u also need to be AWARE ( hard when ure not there, I conced)

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
A couple of years ago I was burgeled. I thankfully was not there ( for me and for them... ).

I had 2 dogs, they were drugged or poisened, survived ( but have also survived massive doses of somnifer///thats why I dont know ), suspect someone who was around my place quite a bit so also knew the dogs.

I have bars on the window they went through ( outside ), they cut through the 3 anchors on one side and than used a jack to force an opening ( top, bottom and other side anchors were still in the ciment ).

The house has high walls around it with glass atop. They came over back wall that gives on to conuco (inside 2m, outside 3m50 at least ////// foundation is the diffrence ).

My brother in law was paid ( at the time ) to watch the house ( wwhen we are abroad ), not clear if he was there or not.
Anyway they broke the ceramic and concrete aroind my safe in the floor of "dressing", through the safe over the stairs, back out window, over wall back throug conuco over the barbedwire and 700m along the river with a 100kg safe!!!

Family found the safe next day, open. Some of my wifes jwelery ( one gold set only ), 9mm pistol ( no ammo, no chargers ////kept seperatly when I am away, titles to land and house. So nothing dramatic actually well maybe for them.

So if all didnt stopped them, I dont know what will ( killer lasers and a couple of claymores maybe..).

So u need all the security but u also need to be AWARE ( hard when ure not there, I conced)

Maybe the death penalty is required! Do unto others........