How can someone be this evil?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
This is a big deal in Haiti, not so much here. But Eveline Sincere was kidnapped and held for $100kUSD ransom. When her family couldn't pay, she was raped and killed her body was dumped in a trash pile.

There are lots of vids posted on youtube, none of which I want to see as I've seen enough. Here is a non-graphic newspaper link. It's in French but can be google translated. I am at a loss as to how someone could do that. Please pray for her family. This has affected many Haitians, myself as well.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Tragic story. I think all humans have this capacity for evil - the older I get, the more credence I give to the old 'which wolf do you feed' parable. While we see the devastating effects of poverty and classism which can create deep resentment, we all know people who live with next to nothing yet find joy in life and live honest lives. Very sad for a young life to be cut short in such a brutal fashion.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Horrific. I also read the related news items and saw they have a named suspect. I hope he gets caught but I imagine the Haitian justice system is even weaker than the DR's.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Haiti - FLASH : Gangs in Haiti are increasingly targeting children

According to UNICEF between September 2020 and February 2021 (6 months), the number of children and women, victims of armed attacks in Haiti, attributed to gangs increased considerably by 62%, from 45 to 73 cases compared to to the 6 month preceding September 2020.

"Children and women in Haiti are no longer simply the victims of criminal gangs, they are increasingly becoming their targets", warns Jean Gough, UNICEF Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean. Adding, "Whether it's kidnappings, rapes or even murder, more and more violent gang incidents have involved children and women in recent weeks and months. This recent upsurge is fueling insecurity in this poor country."

Last edited:
  • Sad

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Haiti - FLASH : Armed men rape two children and an adult in an orphanage

The day after the kidnapping of 7 religious https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-33459-haiti-insecurity-the-church-victim-of-kidnapping.htmlabout fifteen unidentified armed men broke into around 1:00 am, in the "Chanje Lakay" orphanage in Croix-des-Bouquets, after having killed the guard.

These lawless individuals severely beat Bryann Jefferson Clergy and his wife who run the orphanage to find out where the money was in the facility. For nearly two hours they searched and vandalized the orphanage and took all the money they could find.

During this savage operation, a 15-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy as well as a 27-year-old employee who works at the orphanage were raped, while the children of the orphanage were seized with terror and panic.

• Sad

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
When I talk with those I know in Cap Haitien, they tell me while it's a little dangerous and still very difficult to live in, they do not have the kidnapping problem of Port au Prince. I hope it stays that way and that those in PAP can find a way to eradicate the gangs. If they just had a president with balls.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This is a big deal in Haiti, not so much here. But Eveline Sincere was kidnapped and held for $100kUSD ransom. When her family couldn't pay, she was raped and killed her body was dumped in a trash pile.

There are lots of vids posted on youtube, none of which I want to see as I've seen enough. Here is a non-graphic newspaper link. It's in French but can be google translated. I am at a loss as to how someone could do that. Please pray for her family. This has affected many Haitians, myself as well.
I wonder how many of those evil bastards end up in the DR preying on the Haitians that have tried to escape from that hell.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
All 3 need to be decapitated in the Public square ... brutal Violence is the only thing these Animals understand . maybe the next potential kidnapper./ murderers will think twice .

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Tousanint Louverture led the slave revolt in then Saint-Domingue. The country was then renamed Haiti. Their word for 'hell'.
Seems to live up to it to this day.
One thing I can't figure is why [In Haiti and other countries as well] domestic gangs are not considered terrorists.
What they're doing certainly appears to be similar to an ISIS type behaviour.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I think you're confusing the word Haiti with Hades.
I recall reading that in history somewhere. The quote may have been misinterpreted then, as I have done now.
Either way ... it fits.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If I was king of the world they would get what JD suggested. I would even go so far as to behead anyone that supported these vicious bastards publicly. These are not humans. They have no rights.