How do you spell success?

S

Susanne

Re: American Tourists Wanted!

I don't mind spending my holidays with Americans or any other nationalities for that matter. On the contrary - I find it enlightening to speak to people from many different corners of the World. But I must admit that what appeals to me about the Dominican Republic is probably very different to what the average tourist is looking for (apart from great beaches and nice hot temperatures even in the winter, that is!)

It is the natural beauty, the variety in nature with mountain ranges, desert like areas, golden and white beaches, tropical plants and other wildlife and friendly people. If the Dominican Republic needs to change into more "orderliness" and more amusement parks etc. in order to attract American tourists, then I find it would be a pity if everything gets sort of "tamed" or turned into a more run-of-the-mill holiday experience. There are other islands and places for that.

Regards, Susanne

A

arcoiris

Re: are you for real?

whether or not I am for real, let's assume you are for real. I agree with you that most Americans don't know very much, and have a lot of misinformation about the DR and the Dominican people. To know the DR is to love it. I may be misinformed and misguided and wrong about a lot of things. You may be the only source of real info on the DR and its people. You may be the only real typical Dominican that a lot of people know. So try to see yourself as others see you, and that means all the regulars on dr1 and travel.to. You represent Dominicana. Think about how you look to others; the posts you post here represent how Dominicans are, and how Dominican associates are. You have let people know that I represent nothing, so it is on you to show people how Dominicans are, and how resort owners are, and how people who like to associate with the DR are. What kind of image to you want to present to people? not a fake one, but the best real one possible.

J

Jodi

Re: American Tourists Wanted!/Apple Tours

Out of curiosity, I dialed 1-800-494-5050 from Toronto, Ontario. The result was a not in service recording. I'm interested to know where it's advertised that the office is in Toronto, Ontario. Only once have I seen a commercial by Sammy Sosa for Apple and it was on the american station Arts & Entertainment. No telephone number was provided, just a website.

N

Natasha

No need to get philosophical on me Arco ;-)

As usual Arcoiris, I don't understand your reply to a very simple observation I was making about your post. Read your post again and you'll understand why I and others reacted to it.

Have a nice day,

Natasha

N

Natasha

Re: No need to get philosophical on me Arco ;-)

I was referring of course to your first few sentenses in your orininal post, which are totally generalizing.

Regards, Natasha

N

Natasha

I agree with what you said Susanne. I am afraid though that what you are describing at the bottom of your post is already happening to some extent (i.e. I can't even name two or three resorts in the DR that are not all-inclusive). Fortunately, the Dominican Republic is big enough to still provide a very unique vacation experience for those who want it.

Regards, Natasha

D

diego

Re: American Tourists Wanted!you want unique

Hi everybody. You want unique? I am going back to the DR very soon. I live in La Vega, anybody wants a unique Vacation can stay with me for a while in a typical Dominican House with Tin Roof, and Water or Electricity when available. Right on the outskirts of La Vega on the Road to Mocca in the middle of a Cow Field. By the way I am German 51 Years old and just love it. Diego

A

arcoiris

Re: Natasha, the Dominican ambassador

it is not philosopy, but fact. You remind me again that I am off base about things Dominican, and I repeat that you may be right, and that it is you that people look to to see how Dominican women are, and through what you say and how you say it people get their ideas of the culture you come from.

N

Natasha

Tempting title...

but I'll leave that for someone for qualified than me.

Natasha

T

Tom

Re: American Tourists Wanted!/Apple Tours

This ad with Sosa appear on USA net. It's possible that i gave the wrong number from memory, have you tried directory aqssistance for Toronto?

If I ever see the commercial again, I'll write it down.

The other problem may be tha the number is valid only in Canada, so if you were calling from US it could be a problem

A

Al French

I am a real estate developer from Orlando and read your messages with interest. Moved here in May to build many well planned american vacation resorts. Now cannot bring myself to lay a finger on the awsome beauty of this wondrous island...and have come to fear any intrusion from USA that may ruin our secret. So... no in desperate need of a talented career counselor!

A

arcoiris

Good for you, Al! Although it may be a secret from Americans it is not to the Germans, and many other Europeans and Canadians who have the same idea that you had, and, unlike you, are continuing. So our secret may get ruined anyway. I will pray for you, that God show you your new career, and that it may be a real blessing for you and for the DR.