How does one report loud music ?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Where are you? I live in Sosua and there's a ruido number at the police. I have had sometimes success with it

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
C6383056-1D6E-4CEF-88E1-A7AF222F61C3.jpeg

Just call 911 and report it.

Reactions: CristoRey

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Last night the music was so loud that we had difficulty hearing the movie we were watching. I put on closed captioning. ☹️

Reactions: gregvolt

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I don't think they want you calling 911 with a noise complaint. Abinader just recently turned over noise enforcement to the PN. Call them. Previously, you had to deal with Medio Ambiente.

Reactions: JD Jones

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Call the cops 2nd or third time they back they have decibels meter all music equipment taken away in back of truck seen it few times here..fyi neighbour never got it back..

• Haha
Reactions: sosuadr and nanita

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
Good example of the typical "the world revolves around me" attitude so prevalent here and the associated lack of respect, courtesy, and consideration shown for others.
The way I look at it; if you're in a circle dance then dance to the same tune everyone in the circle is dancing to, or get out of the circle. If you try to dance to your own tune you won't fit in.

Reactions: Facepalm Supreme

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
The way I look at it; if you're in a circle dance then dance to the same tune everyone in the circle is dancing to, or get out of the circle. If you try to dance to your own tune you won't fit in.
Explain that to some of my neighbors. It has happened on several occasions that one is blasting one type of music another one has something else playing on his stereo and a third one yet something else. It makes a BEAUTIFUL mix of horrible music. (n)

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
Explain that to some of my neighbors. It has happened on several occasions that one is blasting one type of music another one has something else playing on his stereo and a third one yet something else. It makes a BEAUTIFUL mix of horrible music. (n)
What I was trying to say is either adopt to the circle (the neighbourhood) or leave. They're not gonna stop blasting Piropi just because you don't like it.

Reactions: Facepalm Supreme

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If you're a gringo and don't like loud music blasting at all hours of the day or night, motos roaring down the street w/o mufflers, barking dogs, crowing roosters, power out for hours frequently, and sometimes no water for days - don't go live in a barrio in the first place.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I live near Las Galeras. I get it. There will be chickens and motorcycles and loud music and all that stuff. I have been around it for nearly 20 years. The previous holiday, they partied for 48 hours straight with loud music. I did not complain.
What pi$$es me off is when it is a weekday and it is only two guys who do not live in the area and the are playing lousy music through horrible speakers that should be thrown away, at 200 decibels. Nobody else was awake or anywhere near them. They are inconsiderate morons who do not work and who are not going to attract any women even if it is 400 decibels.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
If you're a gringo and don't like loud music blasting at all hours of the day or night, motos roaring down the street w/o mufflers, barking dogs, crowing roosters, power out for hours frequently, and sometimes no water for days - don't go live in a barrio in the first place.
Maybe that is NOT applicable every time. For example in my case, when I first moved where I'm living right now, it was quiet and only ocassionally a neighbor would blast his stereo until late at night, which I'm fine with it like during the holidays.
But during the Pandemic behind our house they built a bar that sometimes will have their "parties" from like 12 PM to 2-3 AM sometimes excruciatingly loud.
So, what should I do? Move, just because some @sswhole has decided that they MUST have loud music and disturb my peace?
Why do their "rights/needs" trumphs mine?
Would I then have the right to go and cut their electrical wires just because my "need" of peace and tranquility is being disturbed?
And this is not the first time this happened to me, I have moved because of noise "pollution" atleast 3 times, last time the exact thing happened. The area was quiet but then somebody decided to open a bar just behind our home, which made it almost unbareable during especially the weekends.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
What I was trying to say is either adopt to the circle (the neighbourhood) or leave. They're not gonna stop blasting Piropi just because you don't like it.
Well, the funny thing though is that this is not something that just "gringos" gets annoyed about. The reason why the government actually has started to act on these things (this has only been available for like 5 years or so to report loud noises, although in the end not many of the ones who should act on it actually do take it seriously) was NOT to please their "gringo" population, but because a lot of local (dominicans) do also get really annoyed by this.
In my own experience, the mayority of those who do this (on a regular basis, I mean everyone can do this like 1 weekend/year), are people who either are low-lifes or people that doesn't have "normal" 9-5 jobs. So why should an entire barrio have to suffer just because one or two have decided that their need to play loud music trumphs everybody else's need for peace and tranquality? So it doesn't really have to do with a choice of "adopt or leave".

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
More and more Dominicans are really fed up with these inconsiderate morons blasting their music at all hours. In the past they just put up with it because it wasn't going to do any good to complain anyway. Things are changing and the government is responding to pleas from the public to do something about it and enforce actual noise laws that have been in effect for many years now.