How NOT to post on DR1

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I have not posted in a while, but continue to read DR 1. Nothing ever changes. People like Robert, Chris, Rocky, Bushbaby,etc. will crucify anybody, if they don't agree with them or think they are attacking their way of life. Criticism is a no no. Get real guys. Why are you in the Dominican Republic?

Adam Spenser
Sorry Adam but you are a bit out of date. I ran out of wood (for the crosses) & nails quite a few months ago (about 36 months in fact when a certain person refered to as R.E.G was banned from this board). I am unable to crucify anybody therefore unless they provide me with the wood & nails & this most sensible people are reluctant to do.

Feel free to PM me with examples of any/all crucifixion posts towards those whom you hold near & dear to you! Obviously all those posts that include honest assessments will be excluded from your list ....... won't they? ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I have not posted in a while, but continue to read DR 1. Nothing ever changes. People like Robert, Chris, Rocky, Bushbaby,etc. will crucify anybody, if they don't agree with them or think they are attacking their way of life. Criticism is a no no. Get real guys. Why are you in the Dominican Republic? Adam Spenser

I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of your posts Adam, so I did a quick search & the first 6 or 7 I found seemed to be devoted to criticising other posters. I went looking for your positive, helpful contributions particularly those designed to help new posters. It's late now but I'm sure I'll have more time to find them tomorrow. :cheeky: I need to find them because currently I have the impression of a glass half empty type of outlook, rather than a glass half full. Is that accurate?

Finally, my wife and I realized after these episodes and so many posts on DR1, stories in the newspapers and on television this past year of roberries and murders in broad daylight as well as at night in nice areas that we had our heads in the sand and it was time for us to leave. Adam

Did you leave? And maybe does this colour your perception of those who stayed?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spenser
Finally, my wife and I realized after these episodes and so many posts on DR1, stories in the newspapers and on television this past year of roberries and murders in broad daylight as well as at night in nice areas that we had our heads in the sand and it was time for us to leave. Adam

Would it be approrpiate to sell this Lead to a Realtor?

I am knew so......

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What a Week for Whiny Wimp Wups

What's up with all the WWWs? Everywhere I turn this week on DR1 there is someone bitching and moaning! From "I don't want to pay for my friends drinks" to "you're all crusifying me-I taking my bat and ball and going home".
Hey-get your priorties straight. This board is not for Rants and Raves.This board is not for you to turn down a job that pays 27,000 DOP and for you to B&M that you WANT $30,000!
And on and on. Did you wake up this morning with your heart still beating? Are you slated for brain surgery today? Get your papers to report to prison? Report to Iraq? Some food on your table? Horse in the barn???
Now I'm getting silly and better stop before you start to think I,m hitting the Remy at 7AM.
Life's NOT TOO BAD!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There is an emerging pattern from those who are complaining, that the crucifixions/etc come from myself, Lambada, Bushbaby, Chris and/or Robert.
so there's two possibilities, that I can see.
Either we're the main nasties on this forum, or we're the ones who bust azzholes/jerks/liars/etc and thus are the focus of their hatred.

I'll withhold my own opinion for now, but if anyone has something to say about that, please go ahead.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
if you come to here with patience, you will lose it, and if you come here without patience, you will gain it.

Reading this thread has been a hoot! I've been here getting information for a couple of years. I use the experience, wisdom:cheeky:, and advice from the people that, through time, have given thoughtful and helpful guidance and do not pay attention to those who never have something constructive to say and realize that anyone can have a bad day and post something that he/she may not have otherwise posted.

Choose your friends on the board like you choose your friends at home. You don't run out on the street in NY ,London or wherever and shout out a question and listen to everyone ....do you?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
this board is like food. take what you need to satisfy you and discard the rest. i don't need or want friends on here, information is what i want. in 3 years back and forth to the DR, i've met one person on this board.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have not posted in a while, but continue to read DR 1. Nothing ever changes. People like Robert, Chris, Rocky, Bushbaby,etc. will crucify anybody, if they don't agree with them or think they are attacking their way of life.
Adam Spenser

Please point me in the direction of my crucification posts.

Why are you in the Dominican Republic?

If we are so bad, why are you still posting and reading DR1?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
There are many stickies, readily available that answer 90% of newbie questions. Not taking the time to read them and become informed, can **** forum members off; especially when the same questions get asked again and again.

Plus we have an extensive knowledgebase that covers a ton of stuff.

DR1 Knowledgebase

CJnNJ

Aug 7, 2005
This is currently my favorite thread. Many of the posts are insightful and helpful. I'm also laughing (in a good way) at the more subtle humor.

CJ

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
this board is like food. take what you need to satisfy you and discard the rest. i don't need or want friends on here, information is what i want. in 3 years back and forth to the DR, i've met one person on this board.
I agree with your food anology. But I have met MANY fine people through DR1, many of whom, I suspect, will be a part of my life for many years*.

*either a threat or a promise...;)

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
There is an emerging pattern from those who are complaining, that the crucifixions/etc come from myself, Lambada, Bushbaby, Chris and/or Robert.
so there's two possibilities, that I can see.
Either we're the main nasties on this forum, or we're the ones who bust azzholes/jerks/liars/etc and thus are the focus of their hatred.

I'll withhold my own opinion for now, but if anyone has something to say about that, please go ahead.

Oh yes, you are all terrible people who don't know anything, and like to pick fights everytime you can!;):bunny::cheeky: LOL

I agree wholeheartedly with you Rocky. I believe this pattern could be a result of a few situations:

1) Jealousy - Some of the posters are lashing out because you are all successful in your day to day living in the DR, and the said posters are just not having the same experience.

2) Childhood Play - Some of the posters (like our now sin-binned Mike) are being told to come from that other forum:eek:gre: to DR1 and shake things up for a lark, and we all know you guys would be the targets;).

3) Ignorance - Posters reading too much into a post or not reading enough into the post, missing smileys and missing the joke, or just plain not getting the answers they want to hear so they lash out.

... or like you said - you all have a lot of years experience on this forum, and can pretty much weed out the troublemakers or "jerks" from just a couple of posts.

Just random thoughts.

Marlie

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
In a forum that's mostly open to free expression, what happens here is no different than the outside world. When we give importance to an op that is provocative or an obvious sockpuppet in nature, then it's our fault for not ignoring it. No one should be surprised.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
is this thread considered lashing out ? :laugh:
More like a bit of bichin'.
lionbitch600x376.jpg