How pet friendly is Santo Domingo?

May 19, 2021
Santo Domingo
We currently live in a country where dogs are more or less fully accepted everywhere. So taking your dog to a restaurant, park, hotel, or on the metro/train is not an issue. Granted no dogs in supermarkets, malls and certain popular beaches (in season). I have also lived in places where the only place you take your dog is the approved park or beach ... nowhere else. What is the general policy in Santo Domingo?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Thanks JD, I didn't know Domincanos/as were afraid of dogs. It seems sometimes there are more strays than people.

I have seen a lot of Domincano/a walkers with sticks and I had just assumed it was because of aggressive strays, of which there are a few.

I also never see dogs inside any business. Let's keep it that way.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I have 2 medium large dogs. They can't go on public transportation. Sometimes a public car will let us ride but have to lag.for the entire.back seat. Most Colmados have no problems with dogs and many restaurants will let you dine onthe patio or outside areas, no problem.

Reactions: OnTheRoadAgain

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I
Thanks JD, I didn't know Domincanos/as were afraid of dogs. It seems sometimes there are more strays than people.

I have seen a lot of Domincano/a walkers with sticks and I had just assumed it was because of aggressive strays, of which there are a few.

I also never see dogs inside any business. Let's keep it that way.
I would sooner see a dog inside a business than some of the two legged dogs

Reactions: hard times doug