How Safe is La Romana

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
I am US and thinking of visiting for a while. How careful do I have to be.
Is it OK to walk the streets?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Well that depends on where you are in La Romana and the time of day. Just like anyplace in the US.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Wait, I thought you were getting married, you changed your mind, or still shopping

Here's the abbreviated story, I am married to a woman and live in US. I have a woman friend in the DR who I met last August while on vacation with my wife. We have been in contact every day and night since then and she wants me to visit her for a week to be with her and meet her family. I know all about her family and they all know about me. We have not been together since I last met with her in August. I am in contact with her children also. She communicates with me from the moment she wakes up at 6 to when she goes to sleep at night. She does not ask for money... although I offer to buy food for her children (she then sends me videos of the food she buys with the money). If she is sick I dont want her going to the hospital publica so I send her money for a private doctor.. She then sends me copies of bills or prescriptions etc, I do not ask for them. We have a strong connection and I will need to visit to see what we are like together. I have not proposed marriage. I understand she wants a better quality of life for herself and her 2 children. But this does not preclude the fact that a sincere concern for one another can exist for other reasons also. She works very hard and has a very hard life often not seeing her children much. There are some good loyal DR women

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Where did you meet your future ex-wife?
Look I understand all the sarcasm about DR Women. But they are not ALL just looking to latch on to a gringo for money. Some of them may actually fall in love for the right reason.
To answer your question. She was working at the buffet in Secrets Punta Cana. Nothing attractive... I was studying spanish and wanted to have a pen pal so I could learn the real language and not textbook stuff. I asked her for her email and began to correspond. Than I went on to Whatsapp. One thing led to another and our situation became a bit more formal... mostly on my behalf... my marriage was not good. We have had video and her family knows about me.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
I was the one working in the resort in the band, and Amelia Vega was there with her primas, the rest is history.
So you ended up happy? Not all DR Women are just after rich gringos... some may actually fall in love with them if they treat the woman with respect, equality and compassion which they do not get from DR men

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
So you ended up happy? Not all DR Women are just after rich gringos... some may actually fall in love with them if they treat the woman with respect, equality and compassion which they do not get from DR men
My ex wife made me sign a prenup, as she had a lot more money, I get palimony now, and still play percussion with her Tio & Primas, we have a great relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.