How to find my land property boundaries

J

JDJones

The first thing you should do go to the local Registro de Tierra. I think for Bonao its in La Vega with your title copy and request to see how your property is registered. I am sure you will also find the relevant plan. It could be a general or a large one of several titulos. The Agrominsor would do his dislinde on the basis of this. You can also go to the head registro de Titilos in Santo Domingo that is in the Feria on av independencia. Good luck. How your land is registered is the basis of everything.

I've got one for you. My neighbor and some of his friends bought a piece of land in San Cristobal, divided it up and got paperwork for each parcel.

They bought the land from a man who had owned it for many years and had the title.

Most of them built houses little by little and most were completed when a man came up one day and told them they were squatting and to stop building.

They showed their paperwork and the original title it was based on; the man showed them his title for the same land in his name.

Theirs was registered in San Cristobal, his was registered in Santo Domingo. His also had much more land than theirs.

Of course, the SD guy is only interested in the part they developed.

They're in the courts now trying to get it figured out.

It would seem to me the title from San Cristobal would be the real one, but they tell me it was not unusual to register land in San Cris at the SD office.

Definitely a mess.

D

Drake

I've got one for you. My neighbor and some of his friends bought a piece of land in San Cristobal, divided it up and got paperwork for each parcel.

They bought the land from a man who had owned it for many years and had the title.

Most of them built houses little by little and most were completed when a man came up one day and told them they were squatting and to stop building.

They showed their paperwork and the original title it was based on; the man showed them his title for the same land in his name.

Theirs was registered in San Cristobal, his was registered in Santo Domingo. His also had much more land than theirs.

Of course, the SD guy is only interested in the part they developed.

They're in the courts now trying to get it figured out.

It would seem to me the title from San Cristobal would be the real one, but they tell me it was not unusual to register land in San Cris at the SD office.

Definitely a mess.

Its only about five years ago that they started registering all titles in SD as well as locally. They should be the same as its a common database All transactions are done locally and then registered in SD. You cant do out of town transactions in SD. The old land registry system is a mess and there are duplicate titles. There can be many reasons for this but mostly because of informality. There are also some frauds occurring. The Deslinde system was introduced to register properties with GPS which should settle boundaries for ever. Formalizing land can be a nightmare and sometimes is literally impossible.

D

DR_Guy

Not really. You sell it using an acta de venta without deslinde.

A

AlterEgo

Not really. You sell it using an acta de venta without deslinde.

Only one time, and most people are smart enough these days not to even consider purchasing a property without a deslinde.

C

Cdn_Gringo

Who in their right mind (assuming they have done their homework and are in the know) would willingly enter into a multiyear deslinde process fraught with uncertainty in order to spend a pile of $$$ on real estate? Enough goes on in this country that causes gray hair without the need to intentionally throw oneself under the gugua.

C

cavok

Hi,

I have own a piece of land in Bonao for a long time (over 30 yeares) that consists of 6 titulos (titles). I am considering selling the land. Looking into the titulo, it does not tell the boundary of the land specified by each titulo.

Does anyone know how to find the boundaries of the lands on my titulos?

Thanks.

JH

Hire a surveyor. That can be done rather quickly and inexpensively, but it does not guarantee that you actually own all the land - that's why it's imperative to get a deslinde if you plan on selling it.

A developer of an oceanfront parcel of land near me found this out the hard way before the deslinde was mandatory. After doing extensive and expensive site prep, a lawyer showed up claiming ownership to the front 60 feet of the parcel. It turns out that when the land was sold originally, one of the owners(family member) hadn't signed the contract rendering it invalid.

The case has been going through the courts for over 7 years now. A deslinde would have prevented this.

A

aakanksha5

You need to reach the surveyor to measure your land and its boundaries. This can be a lengthy process and it all depends on the Provincial land Office and how they do.