How to send a 20 ft Container from DR to Germany?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
As the title says...

I have a hard time finding a company that does this and getting a quote.

Does anybody have some contacts for me?

I would need customs services too in DR and Germany.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Had good experiences with:
email rotterdam@rohlig.com

Shipped 5 containers 2007 to 2010 from Germany via Rotterdam to Caucedo (container port Sto. Dgo.).
Rohlig provides full service for trucking and all handling to Caucedo. For custom handling and trucking in Dom. Rep. you need a local company (can not remember the name this moment).
Ony 1 invoice to pay from your place to Caucedo.

If you have space in your container we can talk (would like to ship some bicyles), send me a private message.

Alexander

Reactions: caribmike

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Had good experiences with:
email rotterdam@rohlig.com

Shipped 5 containers 2007 to 2010 from Germany via Rotterdam to Caucedo (container port Sto. Dgo.).
Rohlig provides full service for trucking and all handling to Caucedo. For custom handling and trucking in Dom. Rep. you need a local company (can not remember the name this moment).
Ony 1 invoice to pay from your place to Caucedo.

If you have space in your container we can talk (would like to ship some bicyles), send me a private message.

Alexander

Hi, Danke! I will try to ask them anyway, they might offer the other way around. Sorry for the bicycles... :)

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
As the title says...

I have a hard time finding a company that does this and getting a quote.

Does anybody have some contacts for me?

I would need customs services too in DR and Germany.
Any decent logistics/freight forwarding company can do this for you, but try SCHAD 809 221 8000 ask for Logistics Department, they are the local represesntatives of the German company DHL Global Forwarding (not the express courier service)

Reactions: caribmike

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Any decent logistics/freight forwarding company can do this for you, but try SCHAD 809 221 8000 ask for Logistics Department, they are the local represesntatives of the German company DHL Global Forwarding (not the express courier service)
I know of nobody who has ever done this. Interested in seeing what is uncovered in this situation. I suspect an incredible nightmare.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Several have asked for recommendations in the past but none have come back and posted that they were successful. Undoubtedly very expensive and possibly a paperwork/customs nightmare.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Several have asked for recommendations in the past but none have come back and posted that they were successful. Undoubtedly very expensive and possibly a paperwork/customs nightmare.
I have asked in the past, I have still a house stuffed with furniture in the DR. No idea....

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Did you contact any of the shipping companies mentioned in the various threads and were told it was not possible?

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
JD Jones can help you. He works for a company that can do the customs and everything. Like was said before it will not be cheap.