HOW TO SHIP a kayak to the DR

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Hi, Yes, I'll do that. Hopefully all will be positive. This is a fiberglass kayak, so a bit worried about damage.

if you do ship it with this company would you mind eventually posting the cost and the general impression?
I'm also thinking of shipping a similar kayak down there. Thanks.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
We used Encargo Group Coimport to ship in 16 Stand Up Paddle Boards from Miami, in several batches.
We were very happy with their service. One shipment suffered severe damage on transit by road to Punta Cana (the camionetta was involved an accident). However, we were quickly reimbursed with the full value of that shipment.
Our contact is Renzo Oliva. He also deals with many of the north coast windsurf schools equipment.
PM me if you'd like his contact info.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Hi, Yes, I'll do that. Hopefully all will be positive. This is a fiberglass kayak, so a bit worried about damage.

It's important to ask your supplier to pack it properly. Our SUP boards are delicate too. They were packed in bubble wrap with cardboard protecting nose, tail and rails and then encased in outer cardboard shell/box. The shipments which were not involved in that accident came in damage free.