How to spend election day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
You need a cedula to vote Sherlock.
Did he say they were buying c?dulas?
Strange since after the election cedula replacement is not free (normal rate is at least RD$500, or 2.5 times the amount mentioned). And that doesn't include time, transport, etc to go and get a replacement.

But who cares what the facts are, right? You sense an opportunity for a cheap shot, and you do what comes naturally, you take it, right?

SICK.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Strange since after the election cedula replacement is not free (normal rate is at least RD$500, or 2.5 times the amount mentioned). And that doesn't include time, transport, etc to go and get a replacement.

But who cares what the facts are, right? You sense an opportunity for a cheap shot, and you do what comes naturally, you take it, right?

SICK.

Seriously dude, you REALLY need to get out among YOUR own people and see HOW IT WORKS.

Learn the TECHNIQUES of how PAID VOTING works in the barrios.
Take a BREAK from your IVORY tower.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
You can't really miss an opportunity for a cheap shot, right?
You have zero evidence of any violence around polling places. Those are among the safest places to be around today, since there is a lot of security.

But who cares about the facts when you have in front of you a juicy opp to take a gratuitous cheap shot on the people you have CHOSEN to live around?

And I know what you are thinking...It's their own fault, for having allowed in, to begin with...you have a point.

P.S. Of course something MIGHT happen. As it might any day anywhere. If you need a bulletproof vest today, you need it EVERY DAY.

http://acento.com.do/2016/eleccione...dad-escuela-hainamosa-disturbios-armas-fuego/

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

SICK.

Watch the video, and stop your crying, you are going to run out of tears soon.
The video clearly depicts the transaction of DOMINICAN CEDULAS being purchased for CASH!

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
he also commented on complaints regarding buying cedulas, saying that it's a waste of money as there are people who have obtained a copy of their cedula.

Not only that. The buyer may end up paying for a c?dula of someone who would have voted for the buyer's preferred candidate...or someone who wouldn't have voted at all.

Anyway, Dominican turn out has been around 70%, which is fairly high.
US TO is about 55% in presidential years and much less in other years.
Central/South Am. average 54%
quite a few countries are below 60%, and a fair number below 50%.

So, it seems the number of actual Dominican voters is consistent with what would be expected. C?dula buying doesn't seem to be affecting TO too much (if at all)

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Seriously dude, you REALLY need to get out among YOUR own people and see HOW IT WORKS.
Learn the TECHNIQUES of how PAID VOTING works in the barrios.
Just tell us how the BUYERS ensure that the sellers actually do their end of the deal and vote for the desired candidate. Their taking money means nothing. And their selling cedulas (if true) guarantees nothing.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Wait a minute, now you admit cedulas are purchased?
Why the change of heart?
Learn to read. I explained that the TO was what can be expected (in fact relatively high for the region). So, if THERE IS any cedula buying it OBVIOUSLY is not affecting actual TO that much (if at all).

And for WHOM would the cedula seller (if any) have voted?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Learn to read. I explained that the TO was what can be expected (in fact relatively high for the region). So, if THERE IS any cedula buying it OBVIOUSLY is not affecting actual TO that much (if at all).

And for WHOM would the cedula seller (if any) have voted?

You are a POS, learn how to speak to people on here.
I guess your Dominican education did not school you on manners or tolerance for any opinion other than your own?

Why are you unable to have a civilized debate with anybody without your childish insults?

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
You are a POS, learn how to speak to people on here.
I guess your Dominican education did not school you on manners or tolerance for any opinion other than your own?

Why are you unable to have a civilized debate with anybody without your childish insults?

I will let the mods answer you. I am sure they are reading this thread and can tell you are way out of line.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
who do you think will win today? can we have a survey here?

i'm saying danilo. but not by much, maybe 53% tops. what are your predictions?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
What's the big fuss about 3000 technicians (of the voting tables) resigning last night, supposedly paid by a political party, who's winning with that?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
who do you think will win today? can we have a survey here?

i'm saying danilo. but not by much, maybe 53% tops. what are your predictions?

Unfortunately I think we'll have a second round. Another month of campaigning and noise.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
So, tell me again, how many shots were fired? Couldn't get that from the video...but you are so gleeful that it is fair to conclude something bad did happen.

I only saw a guy with a hand gun, which proves what?
Could he be an undercover officer?

There is little doubt that we expats should stay at home today.....it is the safest place...... and we should certainly not being close to a polling station as you so stupidly suggested in an earlier post.

The polling today is unfortunately chaotic from what I have been told. And it is not surprising when you read the latest news....

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...presidentes-de-colegios-electorales-XM3680716

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...ada-de-retrasar-proceso-de-votacion-CJ3685422

Is this turning into a shambles? A dedicated government body to manage the elections...the JCE......seems to be making huge errors all the way.

Electronic voting.....last minute change to manual counts for Presidential poll then later all polls. Then the above with 3000 technical staff involved in process being withdrawn due to supposed political links. Then polling stations opening late apparently as a result of the technician withdrawals.

And Cedulas being sold.

What next?

Dominicans should take exception to paid public bodies getting in such a mess and your energies would be better directed at the shambles your country folk have concocted no doubt at huge tax payer costs. But you prefer to attack the posters of current news in all of your press outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.