Husband of PRM deputy accused of drug trafficking and money laundering

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Micky-Lopez-El-Nuevo-Diario.jpg

The Specialized Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Prosecutor’s Office and the La Vega Prosecutor’s Office filed indictments against Miguel Arturo López Florencio, alias Miky López, and four other members of a criminal organization dedicated to international drug trafficking. Miky López is married to ruling Modern Revolutionary Party deputy Amalia Pilarte (PRM-La Vega).

Along with López, his two sons, Miguel Arturo López Pilarte and José Miguel López Pilarte, as well as Ada María Pilarte and José Antonio Román, and the companies Auto Crédito Selecto, SRL, Servi Crédito Selecto, SRL, Agropecuaria Gloria Ivette, SRL and Inmobiliaria Gloria Ivette, SRL, are accused of complicity in the criminal network.

According to the Public Prosecutor’s Office indictment, all the abovementioned companies are front and/or shell companies, whose operations disguised the earning of...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've been hearing for years the party of the "white and blue" was the party of drug
traffickers and I always brushed it off as hear say however during the last year there
have been several well-known officials/ members of this party arrested for drug trafficking
offenses.
The biggest one prior to today's announcement was also a group operating in La Vega
back in June of last year.
Source: DominicanToday

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Yep, he wasn't what you would call discreet at all.

And BTW, a member of the party in office.

Reactions: CristoRey

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I've been hearing for years the party of the "white and blue" was the party of drug
traffickers and I always brushed it off as hear say however during the last year there
have been several well-known officials/ members of this party arrested for drug trafficking
offenses.
The biggest one prior to today's announcement was also a group operating in La Vega
back in June of last year.
Source: DominicanToday
Looks like the "white and blue"is getting clean up!

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Its funny, when you go into Casa Cuesta or Ilumel in Santo Domingo, you always come across these women who are buying the most disgusting overpriced tatt, zero taste, can't string a sentence together and yet have a wallet full of gold cards and driving a huge Range Rover or a Porsche. And innocent naive Maria here was always left wondering where these ladies get their money from. And now I'm beginning to work it out.

I reckon if they keep cleaning up like this there are going to be some empty tower blocks and empty shops in the capital.

Reactions: Fulano2 and PCMike

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

"making this deposits in their favor and from various companies for more than 3,168,764,813 pesos". Just US$ 55m. Jeez.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

Re: Discreet. What I have never understood is why and how they feel they will get away with criminal activities for ever and ever. Year after year, for ever and ever, across the world they lock the bad guys up. Sometimes it takes a little longer but somehow it ends even in the case of the biggest criminals like Escobar.
Why do they feel...not them? Their money laundering was not very different than what others have tried.Money lending company, condos, real estate. All stuff that investigators look for. So, what makes them think they will not get caught sooner or later?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
What a shocker! Who's next?

The Lottery scandal folks have been arrested already, so either the CDEEE scandal or the Monte Plata Promipyme office making loans to dead people in Santo Domingo.

I'm guessing the CDEEEE scandal.

Last edited:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Re: Discreet. What I have never understood is why and how they feel they will get away with criminal activities for ever and ever. Year after year, for ever and ever, across the world they lock the bad guys up. Sometimes it takes a little longer but somehow it ends even in the case of the biggest criminals like Escobar.
Why do they feel...not them? Their money laundering was not very different than what others have tried.Money lending company, condos, real estate. All stuff that investigators look for. So, what makes them think they will not get caught sooner or later?
Answer:
The difference being the PLD took a cut (until pressure from US became unbearable like with Cesar Peralta)
and Luis is independently wealthy.
This new administration has confiscated more drugs and arrested more dealers/ traffickers in the 10 months
since taking office than the PLD did in 16 years.
Has anyone bothered asking why?

Reactions: JD Jones

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Answer:
The difference being the PLD took a cut (until pressure from US became unbearable like with Cesar Peralta)
and Luis is independently wealthy.
This new administration has confiscated more drugs and arrested more dealers/ traffickers in the 10 months
since taking office than the PLD did in 16 years.
Has anyone bothered asking why?
I would probably not ask why. And I cannot (cause I was told not to here) say what I want to say.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I think they are pretty stupid. The clever ones are higher up the food chain and never get caught.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Its funny, when you go into Casa Cuesta or Ilumel in Santo Domingo, you always come across these women who are buying the most disgusting overpriced tatt, zero taste, can't string a sentence together and yet have a wallet full of gold cards and driving a huge Range Rover or a Porsche. And innocent naive Maria here was always left wondering where these ladies get their money from. And now I'm beginning to work it out.

I reckon if they keep cleaning up like this there are going to be some empty tower blocks and empty shops in the capital.
financing cars with drug money...well now, if the drugs went to the USA.. the US has a prison cell for all of them.. and they lose all there stuff ........

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
The Lottery scandal folks have been arrested already, so either the CDEEE scandal or the Monte Plata Promipyme office making loans to dead people in Santo Domingo.

I'm guessing the CDEEEE scandal.
Whoops, missed it. Amilia Pilarte is officially on the radar now.

And Ruben Bichara:

Dropping like flies.

Reactions: MariaRubia

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Surely though anyone in government thinking of engaging in corruption is going to be worried. pepca has let the genie out of the bottle.

Reactions: NanSanPedro