Hyatt Dreams Flora Resort & Spa Cabeza de Toro, Punta Cana Review

Big

Apr 24, 2019
What a lovely property. Not only is it all you can eat and drink, if that doesn't make you throw up, they stock the mini fridge with M&Ms and Milkey Way bars. That is truly the epitome of sophistication and luxury. M&Ms and Milkey Way bars in the fridge. What an advanced marketing concept. Maybe they should hand out free crocs to all hotel guests and a NASCAR sun cap.

Jan 9, 2004
What a lovely property. Not only is it all you can eat and drink, if that doesn't make you throw up, they stock the mini fridge with M&Ms and Milkey Way bars. That is truly the epitome of sophistication and luxury. M&Ms and Milkey Way bars in the fridge. What an advanced marketing concept. Maybe they should hand out free crocs to all hotel guests and a NASCAR sun cap.

Crocs and a NASCAR sun cap lol.

C’mon Big, that is like pairing a nice Champagne with Chocolate cake……

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It sure beats hoofing it around the exhaust filled streets of Santo Domingo……..But you wouldn’t know that I guess…………

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I am curious, what do you have against Punta Cana resorts? Clearly, they are not your cup of tea but why find fault with every single post about them?

Reactions: PCMike and colmcb

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.

EDITOR'S NOTE​

Hyatt’s Inclusive Collection provided a complimentary stay so TPG could get an inside look at the resort and its amenities. The opinions expressed below are entirely those of the author and weren't subject to review by Hyatt’s Inclusive Collection or any external entity.

How we make money
TPG earns commissions on certain credit card, hotel, cruise and product referrals. Any affiliate relationship is clearly disclosed. TPG also runs paid sponsorships with various destinations, travel brands and financial service providers.

In todays competitive A.I. travel world some travellers will do their own research, to suit their needs.

Those promoting receiving payment and frees stays or cruises may have a biased opinion.

I forget what Sky's interest in promoting DR tourism is?

The DR can provide great locations, stays, if one knows what they want on their 1-2 week vacation.
Of course people will also compare other locations in the region.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
XQT the interest in promoting DR tourism is an issue because? There is nothing wrong with posting reviews for resorts, etc... Many reviews on sites such as Points Guy, The Boarding Area, etc...can be paid stays, so what. A review gives an idea of what a resort, etc..may be like. Gives a reader an idea of what the property is like/about. As you posted most travelers will do their own research. The review gives the traveler/person an idea and may entice the traveler/person to research it more.

Reactions: SKY

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I am curious, what do you have against Punta Cana resorts? Clearly, they are not your cup of tea but why find fault with every single post about them?
It is not the post per se, it is the concept. If one is inclined to spend thier vacation eating and drinking as much as they can until they are uncomfortable and sick have at it. Watching a Las Vegas style show was fine when I was 19.It is one thing if you are taking your young kids to a Disney style theme park, however for an adult to seek a venue that is based on overindulgence of food and liquor is all telling. How about those swim up bars? That must be a bastion of intellectuals.

Reactions: keepcoming

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It sure beats hoofing it around the exhaust filled streets of Santo Domingo……..But you wouldn’t know that I guess…………
Well Mr Sky, we will never cross paths. I do in fact walk all over S.D, I do not see these exhaust filled streets you speak of, just heavy traffic. I do not participate in all you can eat and drink establishments. Neither do any of my colleagues or friends. I walk in the park 5 days a week and ride my bike for exercise. I have zero desire to associate, mingle or rub elbows with anyone who are targets of these products. You Sir enjoy yourself at the all you can eat dessert bar and report back on the Elvis impersonation act and the classy carnival show girl show

• Love
Reactions: MariaRubia

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
It is not the post per se, it is the concept. If one is inclined to spend thier vacation eating and drinking as much as they can until they are uncomfortable and sick have at it. Watching a Las Vegas style show was fine when I was 19.It is one thing if you are taking your young kids to a Disney style theme park, however for an adult to seek a venue that is based on overindulgence of food and liquor is all telling. How about those swim up bars? That must be a bastion of intellectuals.
AI's are not for everyone. Many like them because once you get there, everything you need, food, drink, etc...is there. No need to leave the resort. Agree, swim-up bars do not appeal to me. Not everyone goes to an AI with the idea to eat/drink their money's worth. I actually know many that really do not drink or eat much at all at the resort. It is all about the beach for them and just relaxing. It is also the resort you choose. Some are more party types; some are kid focused and then some are more for adults and relaxing. Again, not for everyone.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Well Mr Sky, we will never cross paths. I do in fact walk all over S.D, I do not see these exhaust filled streets you speak of, just heavy traffic. I do not participate in all you can eat and drink establishments. Neither do any of my colleagues or friends. I walk in the park 5 days a week and ride my bike for exercise. I have zero desire to associate, mingle or rub elbows with anyone who are targets of these products. You Sir enjoy yourself at the all you can eat dessert bar and report back on the Elvis impersonation act and the classy carnival show girl show
Really you walk a lot in SD ? All over you say. I did try recently when I was there to walk at Parque Mirador. But I don’t know many areas in the capital where it’s appealing to walk. It’s not exactly normal to walk around in shorts either so mostly I find it to be too hot. And some places crossing roads can be kind of dangerous

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Really you walk a lot in SD ? All over you say. I did try recently when I was there to walk at Parque Mirador. But I don’t know many areas in the capital where it’s appealing to walk. It’s not exactly normal to walk around in shorts either so mostly I find it to be too hot. And some places crossing roads can be kind of dangerous
I have walked a lot from Parque Enriquillo, to the CZ, around Parque Independencia, to the SD malecon mant times. Lots to see and very enjoyable.

Reactions: Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I absolutely love to walk the city, the malecon, park, Anacaona Ave. and yes I wear shorts. Even at blue mall. Crossing streets is down right dangerous, however If you are familiar with the long stretchs it is a good workout. Afterwards I cool.off.in the pool. Try it.

• Haha
Reactions: SKY

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Oh please hush with your off-topic Santo Domingo bashing at every available opportunity. Yes the traffic is awful but it's home for over 4 million people and not all of them are stupid some actually love living here.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Oh please hush with your off-topic Santo Domingo bashing at every available opportunity. Yes the traffic is awful but it's home for over 4 million people and not all of them are stupid some actually love living here.
Same goes for Punta Cana..............But without the traffic...........

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
AI's are not for everyone. Many like them because once you get there, everything you need, food, drink, etc...is there. No need to leave the resort. Agree, swim-up bars do not appeal to me. Not everyone goes to an AI with the idea to eat/drink their money's worth. I actually know many that really do not drink or eat much at all at the resort. It is all about the beach for them and just relaxing. It is also the resort you choose. Some are more party types; some are kid focused and then some are more for adults and relaxing. Again, not for everyone.

I think the reality is that for a lot of people it's the safety that is appealing. They are going to a country they don't know. Where their language isn't spoken. Often on a long flight. That's enough of a risk. They want the comfort of going to a place that's operated by a well known brand. No danger of running out of money. Everything provided no decisions to make. Certainty in a sea of uncertainty.

The thing is that by definition those of us who love here are a bit more adventurous. We aren't petrified by the thought of meeting real Dominicans and going into the real unknown. I have friends staying right now in the capital and I'm taking them all over the city and they are absolutely wide eye. Never been to the Caribbean before. Never seen this level of poverty. Never danced in the street with the locals. It's a joy seeing their reactions but I'm pretty sure that without knowing me they would never have done anything this adventurous.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

I can imagine you in your spandex suit. lol.

I do agree about all-you-can-eat and drink establishments. I gave those up long ago. Getting older will do that to you.

Reactions: Big

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I think the reality is that for a lot of people it's the safety that is appealing. They are going to a country they don't know. Where their language isn't spoken. Often on a long flight. That's enough of a risk. They want the comfort of going to a place that's operated by a well known brand. No danger of running out of money. Everything provided no decisions to make. Certainty in a sea of uncertainty.

The thing is that by definition those of us who love here are a bit more adventurous. We aren't petrified by the thought of meeting real Dominicans and going into the real unknown. I have friends staying right now in the capital and I'm taking them all over the city and they are absolutely wide eye. Never been to the Caribbean before. Never seen this level of poverty. Never danced in the street with the locals. It's a joy seeing their reactions but I'm pretty sure that without knowing me they would never have done anything this adventurous.
I remember the first few times here. I was so scared of getting lost in a strange country with my horrible Spanish. I took a guagua by myself from San Pedro to Boca Chica once and I felt like I was traveling to Mars. Now it's old but the first year or 2...wow.