I am looking to buy Cane corso

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Look at .dogsrkings.com/dominicanrepublic-dogs/puppies-for-sale-dogs-for-sale.html. If you find a standard Schnauzer tell me, please.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
William Webster sent me this pic to post:

x27ziv.jpg

The left is 50/50 German/Belgian Shepherd

The right is a Boxer/Lab mix

The center is 50 Cane Corso, 25/25 Boxer/Am Bulldog

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Yea it was the middle one that had me a bit confused couldnt figure him out good looking dogs by the way I swear my AM Bulldog gets bigger everyday .

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The left is 50/50 German/Belgian Shepherd

The right is a Boxer/Lab mix

The center is 50 Cane Corso, 25/25 Boxer/Am Bulldog

They are reallllly beautiful dogs WW.

We were offered a pit bull pup, our inverter guy raises them, if we lived there year round we might have gotten one. I've never seen them in DR, they do kind of scare me as a breed, but I also know when you raise them correctly from a pup they are loving dogs.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think I'd stay away there... did you read my post quoting my friend the plastic surgeon..

80-90% of his face 'reattachments' are a result of that breed.

he advises strongly against

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
AE Pitbulls are great people dogs they where never bred to be people agressive Think about it why would you want a people agrssive dog when you are handleing them in thier most aggressive state Pit fighting . Smart tough loyal dogs and easy to take care of as well.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
WW any dog over 50 lbs can do damage Imagine if your 130lb big boy bit someone in the face I think they would not have to worry about reattachment more like a decapitation . The Pit bull has been highly demonized and truthfully most people do not even know what a real Pit is they think they do but they do not.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
When Cesar the Dog Trainer filmed in Canada, they stopped his lead dog at the border.

Many states & countries outlaw them.....
I know there are two sides to the coin but the breed has a bad streak in them, it seems.

Just too risky for me..... they have killed children..... jealousy, it appeared.

I dunno..... just saying

enough of this

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Pimps Like Them.

... a pit bull pup... I've never seen them in DR, they do kind of scare me as a breed, but I also know when you raise them correctly from a pup they are loving dogs.

A pitbull may love YOU, but not a neighbour's child and kill it.
Those dogs are prohibited in many civilized countries for their killer instinct.
{There was the case of such a dog in Las Terrenas, that killed a girl...}
And you want one?

:mad:

donP

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
My lovely pit passed away late last year while I was away working I really loved that dog anyway I also have a femal Golden Retriver that I inherited when a buddy of mine had to leave the country. Both females both the same age well the pit over time just hated her and they would fight all the time In all the fights I had to break up I literally could put my hands in my pts buls mouth and pry her mouth apart never did she bite me. One early morning they started fighting and I was trying to break it up again using my hand well the golden retriver decides once I got the pit free she gonna bite on anything she can at this time it was my arm and boy did it hurt. My point being the pit bull never in all the years tried to bite me or attack when myself or my brother in law broke up the fights the golden retriever was the biter because the pit was never meant to be people aggressive. Note to self andf others never use your hand or arm to break up a fight LOL

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I understand all your point but liuke my American Bull dog people call it a pit bull most people dont know what real pits are not the big bulky Amerucan Staffies or the now American bullies they are breeding.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Those dogs are prohibited in many civilized countries for their killer instinct.
And you want one?

donP

My pit bull used to play eith my son and my neighbours kids all the time My pit never was people aggressive dog aggressive yes.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Them and the Presas are 'iffy'

you really need to know the breeder, IMO

thats my big knock on rescues -- no knowledge of prior issues/treatment.... can be a time bomb.

I have one... and she's quirky.... our own 'selected' ones are better adjusted.

but 'hey'... its a big world out there

I just hate sleeping with one eye open.... on guard

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
And you want one?

donP

Not me donP, Mr. AE has always wanted one and I've always said no. To tell you the truth, I never wanted a rottie either, but the male we have was raised by a DR1er with 2 small children, and they had to return to the UK. Matilda was fostering him at the time we went to visit her, and it was love at first sight between him and my husband. We ended up bringing him home, and was the best thing we ever did. He's much gentler than the female we have.

Now, we have his daughter here in NJ, brought her here as a 6 week old pup last year, raised her from birth, spoon fed her when mother went septic, the whole 9 yards. I'm still afraid of her around my grandsons [4 and 9] because they roughhouse.

So, I went from not wanting rotties to having 3 of them, 2 in DR and 1 in NJ. I know my husband was tempted when offered the pit bull, he mentioned it "in passing" to float the idea by me. :devious: