I am - maybe, the current World Record Holder

Beachboy

Apr 29, 2018
Yes, it is a distinct possibility of the fastest Temporary Residency Renewal - in the history of the Dominican Republic….

My three previous renewals were - well, let’s just say exasperating to say the least. Under Covid19 conditions I was unsure what to expect this year. Firstly, I was due June 6/2020. However, due to State of Emergency, lockdown and curfew I was unable to obtain the necessary photographs, documents prior to that date, I was unable to start the online process until mid June.

My “In evaluation” took three weeks, then rapidly, paid online, printed my certificate/receipt got my date of July 9th, 8.30am. The day before my appointment, I received a phone call confirming date/time, I was requested to be at the Migration building at 7.30am to process paperwork (as we were under social distancing I thought OK - possible). Arrived at Migration office in Santo Domingo at 7.45am on the day, maybe 40 people lining up outside, doors locked - Hmm, thinks I, here we go again! We joined the line -yes, at the back. At 8.00am the doors opened, by the time we got to enter the building most people had disappeared (they were actually people for passport business - different area).

I went straight to the check in desk in lobby, handed my receipt (from the online process) given a service number, we entered the hall, went to sit down, checked my number it was already up on the screen, went straight to window #10, handed my documents (including 3 copies – just to be sure), the guy took what he needed and returned the others. He told me to sit and wait until my name was called (for photograph/finger prints). Just got back to my front-line chair, about to sit, they called my name, went thru the glass doors to have two photos (front and side views) took finger prints told to return to my seat in main hall.

I just sat down, they called my name, went to the end window, signed, scanned thumb print, received my card, and left the building. In and out, completed in less than 15 minutes. Unbelievable! I very nearly got excited. Surely, this was/is the fastest known to man.

Beachboy

Apr 29, 2018
did you get the cedula too ??
I get my cedula renewed in Veron, (I live in Bavaro) usually only takes a few minutes. The price has gone up, from 3000 RD to 5000 RD per year, although with the current high USD exchange rate of 58.3 the actual dollar cost works out the same as a few years ago.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
I went straight to the check in desk in lobby, handed my receipt (from the online process) given a service number, we entered the hall, went to sit down, checked my number it was already up on the screen, went straight to window #10, handed my documents (including 3 copies – just to be sure), the guy took what he needed and returned the others. He told me to sit and wait until my name was called (for photograph/finger prints). Just got back to my front-line chair, about to sit, they called my name, went thru the glass doors to have two photos (front and side views) took finger prints told to return to my seat in main hall.

Did you make 3 copies of EVERYTHING ( Cedula, Passport, Residency Card, photos, etc ) or just the Certificate of Good Conduct and Repatriation Policy ?

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
Did you make 3 copies of EVERYTHING ( Cedula, Passport, Residency Card, photos, etc ) or just the Certificate of Good Conduct and Repatriation Policy ?

If you submit everything online - you need a copy of the receipt that shows you paid and a copy of your passport. That's it.. Helped 7 people with this over the past few months and also did out permanent as well. No issues at all.

Beachboy

Apr 29, 2018
Hi Astucia
Yes, three copies of all. This time they kept 1 (one) copy of passport, cedula. residency card and one photo, returned all copies of repatriation insurance, penal certs and photo. However, I would sooner have too many copies of everything than not enough and have to find somewhere to get more. I did not notice copying service desk operating this time.