I cannot log out

Status
Not open for further replies.

villarwipo

Aug 12, 2022
Kansas City
I got banned at some point during the past week.

That's really a cool feeling to be a member of a ban-club, feels like being a member of a mile-high club. I am honored. Really, without irony.

Now, to the question at hand. Being banned, I cannot even READ the forums. I want to read Mike Fisher's warnings about hurricanes.
Problem is, not being able to read the forums, and under my username I cannot even log out. I cannot even click anywhere; it says I am banned.

Yes, I could use incognito mode, or I could delete cookies, but why should I do that because of a technical glitch of DR1? Not being able to post is one thing, not being able to read is completely different thing. And given the fact that I can delete the cookies to read, or open up incognito mode, or another browser, to read, it makes no sense to not allow banned people to read.

And, I don't even know why I got banned... I suppose there is a message there for me, but I cannot read it, yeah you know, banned people cannot even read their past private messages. There's not even a way to contact anyone!

So, my suggestion is, correct the DR1 forums glitch in the following way:
1. Give read permissions, just modify the write permission
2. Open up communications channel. Even an accused rapist and murderer can speak to the judge. Or his lawyer. Or his family.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
What was the "name" you were banned under? It shows you joined today.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I got banned at some point during the past week.

That's really a cool feeling to be a member of a ban-club, feels like being a member of a mile-high club. I am honored. Really, without irony.

Now, to the question at hand. Being banned, I cannot even READ the forums. I want to read Mike Fisher's warnings about hurricanes.
Problem is, not being able to read the forums, and under my username I cannot even log out. I cannot even click anywhere; it says I am banned.

Yes, I could use incognito mode, or I could delete cookies, but why should I do that because of a technical glitch of DR1? Not being able to post is one thing, not being able to read is completely different thing. And given the fact that I can delete the cookies to read, or open up incognito mode, or another browser, to read, it makes no sense to not allow banned people to read.

And, I don't even know why I got banned... I suppose there is a message there for me, but I cannot read it, yeah you know, banned people cannot even read their past private messages. There's not even a way to contact anyone!

So, my suggestion is, correct the DR1 forums glitch in the following way:
1. Give read permissions, just modify the write permission
2. Open up communications channel. Even an accused rapist and murderer can speak to the judge. Or his lawyer. Or his family.

Good.. no, wait, Excellent reason to think twice before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.