i don't know how to go about gettin a job on contract in dominican !!!! HELPPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
If I see that word "edgucate" one more time, I shall renounce my profession and start my career as a bachata singer. Anything is possible in this alternate world.

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
www.loversss.friendpages.com
Anna Coniglio said:
She's hilarious. This is funnier than the clown bin.

Van, Hillbilly was trying to EDUCATE you in what the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC is called before someone less polite got to this thread. I've seen your webpage and it hurts to read it but I guess being young and cute goes a long way. Maybe!

How did she sneak that "f" word in?

OK ummm...that is nice if that is what he was trying to do ...but i took it the wrong way i guess and i replyed with the same attitude i felt he gave off...and i was stating that everyone calls it dominican is it that bad?? can u find more things to pick at ?? i mean seriously ahah and thats great that u have seen my webpage does it bother you??? and yes i am young and i liek to have fun and thx for saying im cute thats a compliment and yep when u have EDUCATION along with those things it does help just fine:) and if i am giving off an attitude now ..no wonder....also i snuck the word in bc i put edddddddddddddd at the end ...anywho have a great day people

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Van since you started off on the wrong foot and now maybe no one else may tell you this so I will.

IF and that's a huge IF you do get contract or job as an entertainer in the DR I hope you know that you will be making less than 100 Canadian dollars a month. Unless your act is very different and wanted by the tourist the DR has thousands of beautiful and talented young people that work for peanuts. I tell you this to save you a lot of grief. But if you don't believe me the best way to do this is to go there for a holiday and start handing out your resume and talking to human resources at all the hotel you can cover. It's almost impossible to be hired if you are not there in person.

This is the best advice you'll get. But please feel free to do a search on DR1

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Van since you started off on the wrong foot and now maybe no one else may tell you this so I will.

IF and that's a huge IF you do get contract or job as an entertainer in the DR I hope you know that you will be making less than 100 Canadian dollars a month. Unless your act is very different and wanted by the tourist the DR has thousands of beautiful and talented young people that work for peanuts. I tell you this to save you a lot of grief. But if you don't believe me the best way to do this is to go there for a holiday and start handing out your resume and talking to human resources at all the hotel you can cover. It's almost impossible to be hired if you are not there in person.

This is the best advice you'll get. But please feel free to do a search on DR1
thank you for your advice...are you from there ?? or live there?? i hear it is 800 american ...to work at a resort ..actually from a guy i know that is from vancouver ..but again i could be gettin info mixed up lol good to know though cause if it was 100 i wouldnt go near it lol anyways thx for the info!

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Van2004 said:
thank you for your advice...are you from there ?? or live there?? i hear it is 800 american ...to work at a resort ..actually from a guy i know that is from vancouver ..but again i could be gettin info mixed up lol good to know though cause if it was 100 i wouldnt go near it lol anyways thx for the info!

Well if you are expecting $800/month you better start unpacking your bags and stay put. I know some people that work at various resorts in the DR and they make maximum $150/month. Whoever told you $800 has their information wrong unless they are some type of management.

Sharron

Dec 19, 2002
I personally know two Directors of entertainment and they do not earn anything like US$800 a month

m555

Mar 2, 2004
To you, Van2004

I've read all your posts and been to your webpage. Only one question : Are you on drugs or something ?

Have a good day.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Juan Pablo (Boss) at the ?Dolls House? said you should be good for around US$4-500 per month with tips.

After reading your posts and spelling, he?s a little skeptical about your counting ability. Bar tabs, adding up 3 or 4 beers etc.

Should I email you an application form or would you like me to fill one out for you?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Dear Van2004,

Greetings from mainland Nova Scotia (you know, the part where punctuation and capitalization are used).

I, like others, marvel in awe at your naivety. You have been to Punta Cana at least once and now you are smitten. By all means go to Smooth Herman's (a local Sydney, NS club, and I use the term loosely; for those who would otherwise not know) and practise your little a$$ off so you can take Punta Cana by storm. They have never seen the likes of you before; at least not for the last hour or two. Starry-eyed little girls like you (because you act like one, niether showing nor earning respect) are a dime a dozen after they become one-week experts on all things in "the Dominican" (all who know me will forgive this use this time).

Please make your mother and sister proud; after all you can always fall back on Robert's suggestion.

Enjoy the DR.

Gregg

My God, where do they all come from!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Let me, please!!

Rami said:
Before you start snippin at some who answer you, read some threads all over this site. They are people of experiance here. People like Hill Billy are probably the most respected. As to you being a Canadian and not giving a S**t as you put it, what you call the country, I am ashamed that you are from Canada. As to your education read your post, What Spellings?
RickiToronto , You want take over?
With all do respect, Rami, please allow me to take over.

How dare you come to our house and disrespect one of our "elders". If you are trying to go to any fricking country, at least, out of respect, you should call the country by it's name. It's not the Dominican, it's the Dominican Republic just like Canada is not CAN, get it. Who cares if others say Dominican, we will correct you and any other that come here saying Dominican. You don't like it, who cares. My 10 year old nephew makes less spelling mistakes than you and he does not have a bachelor or anything!!. I promise that I, as others, WILL NOT help you with your question. But since I am a very nice guy, I will tell you this, when you get over to the DR, when you go to a disco, bar, the beach or a resort, PLEASE listen to all those guys that will come on to you. They are the best dominicans alive and they want only your happiness. Please believe everything they say. Their whole family are in one accident after another so please try and help then monetary wise. Believe that they love you and that they want to marry you. They just want to make you happy. Listen to them and you will live with them happily ever after. And by the way, they can dance and do the "Goodie" to no end.

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
FireGuy said:
Greetings from mainland Nova Scotia (you know, the part where punctuation and capitalization are used).

I, like others, marvel in awe at your naivety. You have been to Punta Cana at least once and now you are smitten. By all means go to Smooth Herman's (a local Sydney, NS club, and I use the term loosely; for those who would otherwise not know) and practise your little a$$ off so you can take Punta Cana by storm. They have never seen the likes of you before; at least not for the last hour or two. Starry-eyed little girls like you (because you act like one, niether showing nor earning respect) are a dime a dozen after they become one-week experts on all things in "the Dominican" (all who know me will forgive this use this time).

Please make your mother and sister proud; after all you can always fall back on Robert's suggestion.

Enjoy the DR.

Gregg

My God, where do they all come from!!
my mother and sister are very proud darling dearest, i was Miss Teen Cape bReton 2001 and Miss Talent 2001 now just this past week actually i won 1st runner up for Miss Cape breton 2004..i would love to know how i act like i have no respect ahahahah i have plenty of respect for people wich is why i have plenty of friends if u did see my site you would see that thx...i don't have respect for people who spend there days causing trouble and get a kick out of picking and starting shittttt......and like i said b4 i am a student now gettin my BED at age 20 wich most peolpe are not even done there BA yet ...i work have lots of friends all over the place and obviously what u say does not matter to me...also like i said b4 i did not make this thread for bullshit like this so why don't you go back to what u were doing b4 u came here...and yes i have been to punta cana ....lol....so what?? yes i liked it and would like to get away and work there ...or anywheres else HOT for that matter, is this a big problem with you?? why don't you get your own life and not dwell on mine.....i don't see where i have shown any disrespect i was merley sticking up for my self....so mainlander have a great day bi :) and i would alsooo love to know how don't earn respect ?? if you dont know somebody don't go on like an ideot ...really though how old are you anyways mainlander ?? ahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahah

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
miguel said:
With all do respect, Rami, please allow me to take over.

How dare you come to our house and disrespect one of our "elders". If you are trying to go to any fricking country, at least, out of respect, you should call the country by it's name. It's not the Dominican, it's the Dominican Republic just like Canada is not CAN, get it. Who cares if others say Dominican, we will correct you and any other that come here saying Dominican. You don't like it, who cares. My 10 year old nephew makes less spelling mistakes than you and he does not have a bachelor or anything!!. I promise that I, as others, WILL NOT help you with your question. But since I am a very nice guy, I will tell you this, when you get over to the DR, when you go to a disco, bar, the beach or a resort, PLEASE listen to all those guys that will come on to you. They are the best dominicans alive and they want only your happiness. Please believe everything they say. Their whole family are in one accident after another so please try and help then monetary wise. Believe that they love you and that they want to marry you. They just want to make you happy. Listen to them and you will live with them happily ever after. And by the way, they can dance and do the "Goodie" to no end.
ok do you want to shut up??? i am part dominican my friend ...and not everyone is like what you are saying from over there so take your comments and shove them....do u think i dont know not to believe everything they say !!! please get a life and grow up ...and how dare i ?? bc i didnt think it was a big deal and i wouldnt mind if someone that was not from here said...CAN ...like really my god im roaring

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ok!!

Since you have won so many "important" tittles, your new tittle will be, get this, the new 2004 "Miss Peller"!!!!.

How is it that you were sticking for yourself when he only told you to use the correct spelling?. If you were a little smart, well you DO have a bachelor "degree", why not just say something like "ok, sorry, I will call it by the right name in the future". See, an educated person would have responded that way. See the difference, MISS PELLER!!

Ps: Who cares if you are part dominican. Does that means that by being part dominican a person is a jack *** or something?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I think we can use a little bitch like this in "passion" or "casa-blanca" in santiago. Rich chopos and dom-yorks would love a little bimbo like her and pay her 4 k pesos easily. Hell I can be her manager (pimp) and earn a nice commision.

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
miguel said:
Since you have won so many "important" tittles, your new tittle will be, get this, the new 2004 "Miss Peller"!!!!.

How is it that you were sticking for yourself when he only told you to use the correct spelling?. If you were a little smart, well you DO have a bachelor "degree", why not just say something like "ok, sorry, I will call it by the right name in the future". See, an educated person would have responded that way. See the difference, MISS PELLER!!

Ps: Who cares if you are part dominican. Does that means that by being part dominican a person is a jack *** or something?
i didnt say it mattered that im part dominican thx....it seems as though ppl were saying i dont have respect for them or something LOL and yeah u r right its not a big deal about the spelling thing ..i didnt say sorry i will call it the right thing in the future bc i felt he was rude so y cant u get over it?? is all this starting bc of a ******* little comment ...and yes i am proud of my titles and MISS PELLER is a funny one eh u must be 16 are u?? do u really think i am looking over this and caring how i type??? ahha really comon LOL this is pathetic

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
JimB said:
With that attitude, lack of spelling proficiency, proper grammar and incorrect use of capitalizations, I can not believe she has actually earned her BA.

Maybe she got it out of a Cracker Jack box? Or is it a product of her upbringing that she just doesn't give a sh!t?

I'm embarrassed that she comes from the same country as I do.

(Just one more reason to move to Sosua in 3 weeks, to get away from people like this)

Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things
JimB
i will reply to all of and then wont bother to continue this childishness i bet u all are older then me 2 that is the funny thing ...to u my darling dear u can check my uccb account if u like i can give u my password and u can see for yourself...."Maybe she got it out of a Cracker Jack box? Or is it a product of her upbringing that she just doesn't give a sh!t?" did i once say i dont give a **** ??? do u no what i even said it about??? really grow the **** up i dont give a **** about ppl like u is what i said ...and if u think im not gonan reply back being a bitch to ignorant ppl like u ...u r very wrong LOL and have fun is Sousa...im embarssed i am even participating in this ahahaa

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
AZB said:
I think we can use a little bitch like this in "passion" or "casa-blanca" in santiago. Rich chopos and dom-yorks would love a little bimbo like her and pay her 4 k pesos easily. Hell I can be her manager (pimp) and earn a nice commision.

as for you ...you ******* cock sucker ....you are a disrespectfull son of a bitch and u can go to hell ....and bimbo?? do u have a ******* clue who i am ??? i have had the same bf since i was 15 ..... WHY DONT U ******* PPL GET A LIFEEEEEEEE i am flattered u care so much about me and have to write jack *** comments ....how the **** did this all start anyways ...from a stupid reply??? grow up and like i said get over itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
ps.. about the comment somone said ....of my up bringing ahahah my sister is married 25 own house and is a teacher in halifax...my mother cut the first record in cape breton and had a contract in italy ....and is a very respected loving women....and my father is a pricipal of an elementary school ...owns 3 appartment biuldings and 2 houses...and is not with my mother any more but helps her out with whatever she needs to keep this house running...there is lots of love and education in my family ....so dont talk about ppl u dont no....if you ppl are done ill be going now thanks again

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Now!!

Miss Peller, now it's time for you to go change your pamper!!.

By the way, I hope that you live happily ever after with the sankie that you met in the DR on April and you are going to go see for 3 days in August, haha. No wonder you want a job over there. Have fun and have many sankininis and sankininas.

Ps: Remember that "A mind is a terrible thing to waste"

Status
Not open for further replies.