i don't know how to go about gettin a job on contract in dominican !!!! HELPPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
www.loversss.friendpages.com
badpiece33 said:
Same here Van your invited to the party I told you about. Lets bury the hatchet people enough is enough. She has been trying to apologize for awhile now.
Badpiece
hey badpiece :) ya thanks :) that would be fun i would love to meet such a nice person like you :cheeky:

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
www.ecoislandadventures.com
She needs to beg for forgiveness.

Van2004

I just read this entire thread now. I don't know how any of my fellow board members are talking about forgiving you. I also can't believe that one of the moderators didn't push the button on you days ago. You insulted various members and the website itself. Your profanity clearly demonstrates that regardless of your resume, credentials, and awards, you need to learn how to behave like a lady. If you were a male, I would have used the word gentleman, it has nothing to do with gender.

If you are part Dominican, how could you possibly believe that you could earn $800 a month here? Why haven't you consulted any of your Dominican relatives? I'm sure they will be able to explain the wages here.

Since so are so arrogantly certain of yourself, and I strongly disagree with you, I'll be willing to wager $1000 USD that you will not find $800 per month working anywhere on the island as a dancer or entertainer. This is of course excluding Robert?s suggestions, you might make a fortune is you practice mental masochism on your clients at a dance club, some men live to be tortured by women like you.

DR1.com has been the most valuable tool I have had during the last year. Without DR1.com I would be lost on this island. The website is not special, it is the group of people that are always willing to answer a question. Occasionally we disagree, and sometimes we argue, but most of us know that this site is a great tool.

P.S. to the Moderators: Please edit this post if gambling is a problem. Also, I have noticed a great deal of control over bad posts on DR1, which is good. I believe this is part of what has given the site a great reputation. I refer all of my clients who are traveling here to the site. In my opinion, this thread should have been shutdown, and Van2004 should have had her posting privileges revoked days ago.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Wait just one second here bucko! Have you seen this ladies pictures? I would give her 1000 a month and I have friends that would probably double that price. Well for a month anyway:)

Seriously, I think she is a changed woman now. She saw the light!

Escott

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
ustelephone said:
Also, I have noticed a great deal of control over bad posts on DR1, which is good. I believe this is part of what has given the site a great reputation. I refer all of my clients who are traveling here to the site. In my opinion, this thread should have been shutdown, and Van2004 should have had her posting privileges revoked days ago.

Lighten up, the moderator is away and everyone is just having fun - y'know, while the cat's away, the mice will play :) And did you notice that the other moderators played just as much as the ordinary posters - sometimes something like this comes along and it is like jumping into a mud-wresling ring... fun, if you like that kind of thing.

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
Chris said:
Lighten up, the moderator is away and everyone is just having fun - y'know, while the cat's away, the mice will play :) And did you notice that the other moderators played just as much as the ordinary posters - sometimes something like this comes along and it is like jumping into a mud-wresling ring... fun, if you like that kind of thing.

like i said before time and time again....i did not know what this was when i registered i had no idea actually...i apologized to hillbilly bc i realize he was only trying to help! but i did feel as though i was treated rude and i came back more agressive ..my apologies reallyyyy.......however i do believe it became out of hand and from other people..NOT JUST ME!!! when i am direspected i am not the type to suck up i will come back just as bad other then that i am a very nice person and if you knew me personally maybe you would agree, but you do not know me so....???? thanks for your reply on how no one should forgive me ...and honestly if i hadnt have realized what this forum really is and that there are veryy nice folks in here ...i would not care ! but i do bc i have met great people ...thanks and have a great day chris

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
Escott said:
Wait just one second here bucko! Have you seen this ladies pictures? I would give her 1000 a month and I have friends that would probably double that price. Well for a month anyway:)

Seriously, I think she is a changed woman now. She saw the light!

Escott

Thanks escott darling :eek:
and babe i didn't change i am always nice only mean when i feel like i am being attacked ahahahaha but thank you :) and yep i saw the light ...ya gotta in here ahahah but no in all seriousness i was not gonna leave and come back with a new nick ..i would rather have tryed and made my point, apologized had some in return and stop being attacked ahahah rather then run away :) bYE babesss msg me sometime!!! :nervous:

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
Escott:

I'll take your word on it, or anything else. I know you to be very reasonable from our previous discussions. As far as you paying $1000 per month, I said excluding masochists. By the way, you can find the same here in SD much cheaper, read Robert's post. As far as her seeing the light, I don't recall seeing any apologies to the people she insulted. If I said any of those profane words that she wrote to you in person, I don't think I'd have time to see the light. If she spoke like that in her $800 per month job in Punta Cana, would they wait for her to see the light? I find it hard to believe that this girl who was insulting everyone and using foul language as her first line of defense has suddenly changed into a person with good conflict resolution skills. People don't change easily, and when they do it usually isn't because they read a post on a website. If you really think she has become a sweetheart, it's probably because her picture went to your head. This would definitely classify you as a masochist. I'm not insulting or even criticizing you, I've been there too.

Chris:

I think I was pretty light. If the moderators are away, that is no excuse for this sight to become profane. As I wrote, this sight has an excellent reputation for being a legitimate place to acquire and distribute information. If you were a first-time visitor and read this thread, you probably would not walk away with that impression. I still think the posts with profane words that I WILL NOT re-type, should be removed. I use profanity frequently in conversations with people that I have the freedom to. I don't use it on this website or in other places where it is not acceptable.

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
ustelephone said:
Van2004

I just read this entire thread now. I don't know how any of my fellow board members are talking about forgiving you. I also can't believe that one of the moderators didn't push the button on you days ago. You insulted various members and the website itself. Your profanity clearly demonstrates that regardless of your resume, credentials, and awards, you need to learn how to behave like a lady. If you were a male, I would have used the word gentleman, it has nothing to do with gender.

If you are part Dominican, how could you possibly believe that you could earn $800 a month here? Why haven't you consulted any of your Dominican relatives? I'm sure they will be able to explain the wages here.

Since so are so arrogantly certain of yourself, and I strongly disagree with you, I'll be willing to wager $1000 USD that you will not find $800 per month working anywhere on the island as a dancer or entertainer. This is of course excluding Robert?s suggestions, you might make a fortune is you practice mental masochism on your clients at a dance club, some men live to be tortured by women like you.

DR1.com has been the most valuable tool I have had during the last year. Without DR1.com I would be lost on this island. The website is not special, it is the group of people that are always willing to answer a question. Occasionally we disagree, and sometimes we argue, but most of us know that this site is a great tool.

P.S. to the Moderators: Please edit this post if gambling is a problem. Also, I have noticed a great deal of control over bad posts on DR1, which is good. I believe this is part of what has given the site a great reputation. I refer all of my clients who are traveling here to the site. In my opinion, this thread should have been shutdown, and Van2004 should have had her posting privileges revoked days ago.

i just read this again ...and im laughing and this is why i say i felt as if i was being treated rude!!! and other then that i won't even bother to reply to this snotty not even worth my time!!!! have a GREAT DAY!
ps. i never said i knew for sure it was 800 like i said dude i had no idea that is why i made the thread to ask!!!! thx

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
ustelephone said:
Escott:

I'll take your word on it, or anything else. I know you to be very reasonable from our previous discussions. As far as you paying $1000 per month, I said excluding masochists. By the way, you can find the same here in SD much cheaper, read Robert's post. As far as her seeing the light, I don't recall seeing any apologies to the people she insulted. If I said any of those profane words that she wrote to you in person, I don't think I'd have time to see the light. If she spoke like that in her $800 per month job in Punta Cana, would they wait for her to see the light? I find it hard to believe that this girl who was insulting everyone and using foul language as her first line of defense has suddenly changed into a person with good conflict resolution skills. People don't change easily, and when they do it usually isn't because they read a post on a website. If you really think she has become a sweetheart, it's probably because her picture went to your head. This would definitely classify you as a masochist. I'm not insulting or even criticizing you, I've been there too.

Chris:

I think I was pretty light. If the moderators are away, that is no excuse for this sight to become profane. As I wrote, this sight has an excellent reputation for being a legitimate place to acquire and distribute information. If you were a first-time visitor and read this thread, you probably would not walk away with that impression. I still think the posts with profane words that I WILL NOT re-type, should be removed. I use profanity frequently in conversations with people that I have the freedom to. I don't use it on this website or in other places where it is not acceptable.

listen buddy ....your absolutley right!!! you tell me why i would consider apologizing to people who show no respect ...i insulted them beacuse out of nowheres not even knowing who i am , they insulted me ......alsooooooooooooooooooooooooooo againnnnnnn i said i did not know what it was ...so please sir don't continue you this sharde, if you have a problem with me u can pm me and tell me all about it ...there u can use your profanity that you use other then here was it?? and yes now that i know and have talked to people on here i will not bother to attack you or call you down beacuse i have respect for many in here! however you are more then welcome to msg me :) bye bye

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
Van2004

I respect your decision to return and apologize to those you insulted. I enjoy this website because of it's diversity. I also think your last message is evidence that Escott is probably right about you. I hope that you stay, and that you find an opportunity here in the DR that pays you well. I'll retract my or leave it on the table, whichever is more polite to you.

I hope that my point about the website itself got through to you, because that was the point that was most important to me. You have the ability to edit your own posts, so there is no need to wait for a moderator. This is only a request, nothing more. I'm a big fan of freedom of speech, so I'm not asking that you change your points or delete your messages, just remove the words that shouldn't be on this site.

If anyone thinks I should lighten up, read the words "This is only a request" again. We can all get together and curse at each other in person of lunch sometime, but let's spare the first time readers.

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
Okay Van2004,

I haven't used a single word of profanity in any of my posts. Second, I have no desire to PM you and insult you or use profanity with you.

I read your posts, and when the other member told you couldn't make $800, you responded by telling them that they were all wrong. Now you are saying that you never said that (Post #150), and that you were just asking. Re-read your own posts.

You also say that you didn't know what you were registering for? Do you always register for things without reading what it is you are registering for? This is a public forum for discussion about issues concerning the DR. That is what you registered for.

Your question was legitimate, and it was answered many times. Again, I wish you all of the luck in the world. I hope you find a job that makes you happy, and that pays you well. I'm not looking to be your enemy, or to continue this discussion with you.

Again, my only request is the profanity is removed, nothing more, nothing less. If you disagree, leave the words there and have a nice day.

Last edited:

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
I haven't used a single word of profanity in any of my posts. Second, I have no desire to PM you and insult you or use profanity with you.

I read your posts, and when the other member told you couldn't make $800, you responded by telling them that they were all wrong. Now you are saying that you never said that, and that you were just asking. Re-read your own posts.

You also say that you didn't know what you were registering for? Do you always register for things without reading what it is you are registering for? This is a public forum for discussion about issues concerning the DR. That is what you registered for.

Your question was legitimate, and it was answered many times. Again, I wish you all of the luck in the world. I hope you find a job that makes you happy, and that pays you well. I'm not looking to be your enemy, or to continue this discussion with you.

Again, my only request is the profanity is removed, nothing more, nothing less. If you disagree, leave the words there and have a nice day.

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
ustelephone said:
Van2004

I respect your decision to return and apologize to those you insulted. I enjoy this website because of it's diversity. I also think your last message is evidence that Escott is probably right about you. I hope that you stay, and that you find an opportunity here in the DR that pays you well. I'll retract my or leave it on the table, whichever is more polite to you.

I hope that my point about the website itself got through to you, because that was the point that was most important to me. You have the ability to edit your own posts, so there is no need to wait for a moderator. This is only a request, nothing more. I'm a big fan of freedom of speech, so I'm not asking that you change your points or delete your messages, just remove the words that shouldn't be on this site.

If anyone thinks I should lighten up, read the words "This is only a request" again. We can all get together and curse at each other in person of lunch sometime, but let's spare the first time readers.

I guess you are a big fan of freedom of speech as long as the words meet your approval? ;)

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
No, they don't need to meet my approval. It is a request to not use profanity on the site. For example, I don't agree with Howard Stern being removed from the air for using profanity. People who listen to Howard know what they are in for. This is a forum to discuss the DR, not the Howard Stern Show. Again, it is a request; I am not the owner of this site or even a moderator. Write whatever you want, and I will read it. If I say something you don't like, you are equally free to request that I remove it, or you can criticize it.

If you are saying that I do not support freedom of speech because I don't believe that profanity is acceptable in every situation, try cursing at a police officer, your boss, or even someone you don't know on the street.

You missed my point, and that's cool. I hope I have clarified it.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
De donde salio esta loca???

JAJAJAAJJAJAJAJA

Parece que salio del manicomio. Yo no puedo creer esto!!! Dios salvese quien pueda.

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
ustelephone said:
No, they don't need to meet my approval. It is a request to not use profanity on the site. For example, I don't agree with Howard Stern being removed from the air for using profanity. People who listen to Howard know what they are in for. This is a forum to discuss the DR, not the Howard Stern Show. Again, it is a request; I am not the owner of this site or even a moderator. Write whatever you want, and I will read it. If I say something you don't like, you are equally free to request that I remove it, or you can criticize it.

If you are saying that I do not support freedom of speech because I don't believe that profanity is acceptable in every situation, try cursing at a police officer, your boss, or even someone you don't know on the street.

I got your "point" which you simply re stated "If words don't meet your approval they should be removed"

That is censorship, plain and simple, not law breaking as you would try and suggest
:devious:

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
ustelephone said:
Okay Van2004,

I read your posts, and when the other member told you couldn't make $800, you responded by telling them that they were all wrong. Now you are saying that you never said that (Post #150), and that you were just asking. Re-read your own posts.

well first of all i did not say you use profanity ...you said you do when it is the right time with people you are free to do that with...and i said i hearddddddddddddddddd that is was 800 like i said i did not know that is why i made the thread ...anyhow this is pretty rediculous to argue over and i don't know you either you may be a great person....also i am looking to work away for a while before i settle down to teach because i am only young yet...have a great evening

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
ustelephone said:

it was not only me using foul language and saying nasty things....it is over now like i said i have met GREAT people ..and am not looking to argue however...as im sure most people would agree, if you are insulted by someone that does not even know you, are you going to come back or run away and suck up?? no, well i wouldnt anyways ....it was all very childish including my part ....also for you, if i knew how to take them off i would take offf all of the unecessary msg's and replys :) and if you say you believe in freedom of speech it shouldn't bother you much, i agree that this is a forum to talk about DR and that is what i intended, however it got off on the wrong foot ....

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
ustelephone said:
Van2004

chris, im sorry if i come off as a snot in this reply...but i apologized to those i felt deserved one ...those that were just as bad as me and started for no reason i did not apologize to and i knew it was a forum for DR i just did not know all about, that peolple knew eachother or that things were takin so seriously, as you are showing that now! and at first i was attacked for saying yur instead of your..i mean coommonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn anyway i have nothing else to say and there is certainly no reason to continue this debate

Status
Not open for further replies.