i don't know how to go about gettin a job on contract in dominican !!!! HELPPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
www.loversss.friendpages.com
KrackedKris said:
I got your "point" which you simply re stated "If words don't meet your approval they should be removed"

That is censorship, plain and simple, not law breaking as you would try and suggest
:devious:

hey kris :)
do you travel to the DR or maybe from there?? never saw you on before, but nice to meet you :p

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
All right now that we have everything off our chests, let us now commence to talking about the DR.

Van2004 I know a very nice school in Puerto Plata that is alway looking for people to teach English as a second language. Pay is peanuts but you'd have a host family and petty cash. I am amazed (as a teacher of Spanish) how much of the language I learn when I teach it. :bandit: I am sure on the weekends you could get a gig singing even if it was some little bar. And most churches there have choirs and they put on all kinds of pageants for religious holidays. What style of music do you like to sing? You also mentioned dancing? There's got to be something out there for you. Again, you'd not be making any money, it would be more for the experience. As for the teaching job, last time I was down there they had a Canadian gal teaching and she had a very positive experience. I've even considered the job but I guess I am too old-fogey (read: I have a mortgage). Oh yes, the job I am talking about probably wouldn't hire you if they saw your website. In fact, no employer I know would. But Robert seems to know of some.

MG

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
MaineGirl said:
All right now that we have everything off our chests, let us now commence to talking about the DR.

Van2004 I know a very nice school in Puerto Plata that is alway looking for people to teach English as a second language. Pay is peanuts but you'd have a host family and petty cash. I am amazed (as a teacher of Spanish) how much of the language I learn when I teach it. :bandit: I am sure on the weekends you could get a gig singing even if it was some little bar. And most churches there have choirs and they put on all kinds of pageants for religious holidays. What style of music do you like to sing? You also mentioned dancing? There's got to be something out there for you. Again, you'd not be making any money, it would be more for the experience. As for the teaching job, last time I was down there they had a Canadian gal teaching and she had a very positive experience. I've even considered the job but I guess I am too old-fogey (read: I have a mortgage). Oh yes, the job I am talking about probably wouldn't hire you if they saw your website. In fact, no employer I know would. But Robert seems to know of some.

MG

thanks for the advice :):):) but i am looking to have an excperience and make money so i guess its out of the question....and just so you know, my website was made for fun for me and my friends its harmless and i would not show it to anyone of authority! i am just turned 20 me and my friends can't make a fun website?? its not that big of a deal im sure it would not stop me:)
thanks for the reply great to hear from different people and different advice have a nice day!
ps. soo pretty much with any job it wouldnt pay that much?? i am not looking to make plenty it is more for the excperience i would just want to atleast make something :)

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
MaineGirl said:

MG

Damm MG, you messed everything up! That was a helpful courteous reply, whats the matter with you?

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
KrackedKris said:
Damm MG, you messed everything up! That was a helpful courteous reply, whats the matter with you?

me?? umm....i am confused?? lol if it was to me, i think it was helpfull and curtious to...i was just letting her know about my site as well..beacuse she reffered to ..meh i dunnoo im slow ahhahah

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congratulations Van2004

You have won first prize for the most active thread, most replies, most views in less than 48 hrs.

In order to collect your prize you can't post for a month starting tomorrow at 3:30 am which was the time of your first post. Can you do it?

Good luck.

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Congratulations Van2004

You have won first prize for the most active thread, most replies, most views in less than 48 hrs.

In order to collect your prize you can't post for a month starting tomorrow at 3:30 am which was the time of your first post. Can you do it?

Good luck.

see what i mean ?? grow up mann oh my god and you people wonder why i was a bitch ?? get over it and grow up your so childish !!!! what is your problem reallyy?? im starting to think its what i said before....and looks like we know who the real snots are! and by starting fights you make this forum look good how????

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Van2004 said:
yeah i guess i did there hun

I am half-tempted to believe anyone could say anything and you would respond. That was for Kracked Kris. But here's one for you: try a "kinder, gentler message board". Maybe no one has pointed it out to you yet. There exists a place on the net that will not pick on you as we have. Maybe some of it's emissaries on this board will steer you over.

Escott, I like to give gifts to those I love :).

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
MaineGirl said:
I am half-tempted to believe anyone could say anything and you would respond. That was for Kracked Kris. But here's one for you: try a "kinder, gentler message board". Maybe no one has pointed it out to you yet. There exists a place on the net that will not pick on you as we have. Maybe some of it's emissaries on this board will steer you over.

Escott, I like to give gifts to those I love :).

yep look im responding now :) if someone leaves a msg to MEEE why wouldnt i ?? and actually darling i have met some "kind gentle people" on this board and i can see why i hear the things i do ....and like i said before i have met some very nice people and some straight up losers ...thats life i guess..maine girl why participate in this thread?? looking for some entertainment or trouble no?? and yeah pick on me ...that couldnt even be more childish ....i wish you knew me who i am and half of my life story!! bye bye
its over move on

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
And on that note it's time to call it a day.

I hope you have enjoyed this car wreck as much as me :)

Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.