I made a short video about why I'm moving from USA to DR

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
All this talk about how bad and/or trashy the Sousa area is. Did a bit of checking.
Most dangerous city in Caribbean? San Jaun P.R. 6 or 7 behind comparative cities in US like Chicago, Baltimore, St.Louis, Denver, Detroit, etc. It may change daily though depending on weather, football, basketball or weddings.
So anyway, can I hire a body guard (or two) to have a look see? Just curious ...

Reactions: Luperon

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
All this talk about how bad and/or trashy the Sousa area is. Did a bit of checking.
Most dangerous city in Caribbean? San Jaun P.R. 6 or 7 behind comparative cities in US like Chicago, Baltimore, St.Louis, Denver, Detroit, etc. It may change daily though depending on weather, football, basketball or weddings.
So anyway, can I hire a body guard (or two) to have a look see? Just curious ...

As someone who has spent extensive time in both Baltimore and St. Louis, I can tell you it's where you go in those cities that makes a big difference. I lived in both of the cities and both of the cities' suburbs at different times. Never had a problem. I would think that Sosua is the same, although I've never been there. Same with Chicago, San Juan, Detroit, etc. There are areas to avoid. Learn where they are.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
As someone who has spent extensive time in both Baltimore and St. Louis, I can tell you it's where you go in those cities that makes a big difference. I lived in both of the cities and both of the cities' suburbs at different times. Never had a problem. I would think that Sosua is the same, although I've never been there. Same with Chicago, San Juan, Detroit, etc. There are areas to avoid. Learn where they are.
I drove OTR for a while and usually got to see the worse parts of any city, so yeah, you're right. In Oakland Ca. they had armed guards while the trailer was unloaded. Middle of the day. Not in my comfort zone.
It's what happens when you try and put ten pounds of anything in a 5 pound sack.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Body guard.
Absolutely.
My rate is only $100 an hour.
PM me if ya need my services.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Beautiful?
Saturday afternoon,
Nick's for a Cuban Patini/Patani sandwich (Conde always does the trick) Later
Saturday afternoon, Ray's place (standing room only in the pouring down rain)
Saturday night in Charamicos...
Boy if only that fly on the wall could talk.
Sunday morning/ early afternoon, Manni's place (108 Valerio) with friends. One larģe cup of ice, one coca cola friel and one small bottle on Macorix Coconut flavored rum with my feet in the sand, happy days (perfect weather/ water)
Sunday night the Dutch fella's joint (breakfast included) chatted with a few more friends before leaving this morning now back to reality here in Santiago....
Life is good.
My weekend in one word?
Packed.

Reactions: David B

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
But is your price per hour all inclusive? Food, drink and "entertainment". You really need to up your branding if you want to grow your business .
Drove that one straight off the cliff.....
didn't we.

Reactions: drstock

A.P.Colorado

Sep 1, 2020
prospective expat
Colorado to Sosua.... Ill give you six months.
Welp looks like you might be right. My current rental expires at the end of November, and I'm looking to jump over to Cabarete for December. I can see the allure of Sosua, but as a non drinker it's not for me. I actually appreciate the story you shared about the guy who relapsed... it kept me in check.

Reactions: Africaida

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Welp looks like you might be right. My current rental expires at the end of November, and I'm looking to jump over to Cabarete for December. I can see the allure of Sosua, but as a non drinker it's not for me. I actually appreciate the story you shared about the guy who relapsed... it kept me in check.
Cab is much more livable, quiet and has a decent supermarket. Not all the in your face chicas and hustlers. It is in striking distance to Sosua should you need a fix.

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
Cab is much more livable, quiet and has a decent supermarket. Not all the in your face chicas and hustlers. It is in striking distance to Sosua should you need a fix.Every
Everyone has their own opinion and mine is that Sosua has a better beach, can definitely be quiet, especially these days LOL, Has 2 excellent supermarkets and some wonderful restaurants. Better or at least more options that Cabarete. I have always found Cabarete boring or felt limited in options and it's definitely no better with Covid ;) but YMMV