I need to spay three mutts

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For sure this has been on these forums before but I did a quick search and did not get
a very good answer.

So.

Where do you take rescue dogs to get spayed? I have asked vets here in Santiago
and the cost is uniformly prohibitive....you would think it is an organ transplant. Seems that nobody
throws away the males, just the female pups...so the cycle continues. Like the mosquitoes and dengue..

I would think that somewhere on the North Coast there might be someone who does this at
a greatly reduced rate, if not for free to rid the area of these "viralatas" ...

Any help would be very well received..

THanks,

HB

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There are spay/neuter clinics on the NC but most are for Doms only or for rescue dogs in the area.

How much are they wanting to charge you? Shouldn't be much more than 4000 per dog?

We paid 4500 for our female rottie in March, vet's a good friend of BIL, said his regular price is 10K. Santo Domingo price.

Quite the bargain, spaying her daughter next month, will be over $400USD in US.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If you have a trip to Punta Cana soon there's a free spay/neuter campaign coming up...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
get in touch with the rescue group....isn't Windy a member.

Once or twice a year , a group of vets come in from NoAmerica and have free spaying clinics.
I have used them.

Free -- hear that ??

the animals should beclose to a year old before doing it.... IMO

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Contact Padela, the animal volunteer organisation. They may be able to recommend someone. Several vets are members nationwide.

Patronato Amigo de los Animales (Padela) Tel 809-685-0999

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for all this information. I will try it out.

It would almost be worth the trip to P. Cana to get them spayed...it either that of have them euthanized.
The vets around here-in Santiago are asking 8000 plus hospitalization.

Would love to go to that North Shore deal with US/Canadian vets doing the job...I would imagine with endoscopy..

Thanks all.

HB

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thanks for all this information. I will try it out.

It would almost be worth the trip to P. Cana to get them spayed...it either that of have them euthanized.
The vets around here-in Santiago are asking 8000 plus hospitalization.

Would love to go to that North Shore deal with US/Canadian vets doing the job...I would imagine with endoscopy..

Thanks all.

HB

I am rather shocked and horrified by your attitude!

Maybe if you took a slightly different mental approach you may get some help and assistance for getting your rescued females spayed without having to pay full gringo vet prices. Also suggest that you quit the suggestion of euthanasia threats - would never have thought that would come from you!

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
I paid 4K for a tiny female spaying and 3.5K for a male with "clip-orchid" (sp?) in POP

I find gringos with money going to these spay/neuter clinics to get it done for free extremely frustrating. It is not for free for the organizations that do this, they struggle non stop for donations!

They are designed for people who cannot afford to spay/neuter their pets.

Yes the NC seems to be a lot cheaper than Santiago or SD, I know it is done for under 4,000 here.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
These are designed to neuter animals who may reproduce... regardless of ownership.

Personally, I have taken a dog off the beach , near death... revived, Mange ridded and neutered

Mange @ mi $$... neutered @ free clinic

Get off that high horse.....

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you are willing to come to Santo Domingo, check out the veterinarian school at the UNPHU. I believe they will do it for a reasonable fee.

By the way, isn't there a veterinarian school at the PUCMM in Santiago?

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Sobre la Hacienda Urbana Veterinaria, Santiago, Republica Dominicana
ask her, for sure she will give you a really fair price...maybe just the costs.
ISA -> if not go here and ask if they would do it for free. Instituto Superior de Agricultura - ISA (Rep?blica Dominicana)

For sure this has been on these forums before but I did a quick search and did not get
a very good answer.

So.

Where do you take rescue dogs to get spayed? I have asked vets here in Santiago
and the cost is uniformly prohibitive....you would think it is an organ transplant. Seems that nobody
throws away the males, just the female pups...so the cycle continues. Like the mosquitoes and dengue..

I would think that somewhere on the North Coast there might be someone who does this at
a greatly reduced rate, if not for free to rid the area of these "viralatas" ...

Any help would be very well received..

THanks,

HB

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If you are willing to come to Santo Domingo, check out the veterinarian school at the UNPHU. I believe they will do it for a reasonable fee.

This is good advice, I'd forgotten that a vet from UNPHU neutered our male rottie, if I remember correctly it was 1000 or 1500 pesos. He did it right at our house.