I wanna open a daycare in my yarda...plis luukit my resume

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Maria "La bizca" Milagro Sanchez
1423 San Nicaro Ave.
Wachinton Haight, Nueba Yol, 11400
Selula Fon: (917) 888-8888
Selula fon turned off, but I will get a money order tumoro and pay da bill.
Beeper: (212) 555-5555
House Fon: (212) 999-9999 (next door neighbor's fon, mines is turnt off for no payin)

OBJECTIVE:

One day I wanna opin a Day Care in my yarda for ten kids.

SKILLS:
I watcht my sisters kids when she wen dancing at Latin Quarta in da bronx. I chang the kids pampers, mix milk and chocolate Quick in da botella while I watch novelas at the sane tine.

EJUCACION:

I graduaded from fif grade. Den I graduaded from eighf grade. Den learned alot from my tia Juana, (She used to be Tio Juan) she let me quik skuul so dat she could show me how to babysit my cozins: Juan Jimenez, Pito Perez, Tito Tun tun, Juan Johnson, Carmencita Carrera, Maria Bernstein, Chavela Chavez, Rosita Rodriguez and Yvette (tu sabe lo que'jeso, Yvette don't know who her Papi iz).

WORK ESPERIENCE:
When I got tired of babysittin, I worked in a fabrica sowing and stealing dresses.
Reason for Leaving: My boss Hector, tried to hit on me and his women, Iyvlese coght him. Den I got another job at B.I.M. (V.I.M.) stores. I was in charje of folding da jeans.
Reason for Leaving: My tio Enemencio died back home in El Hoyo e la Rana and I had to go to da funeral. I didn't now him, but I had to go. So my boss got mad and fired me. Den I decided to work at home selling Avon. I had to quik that too cause I order alot of stuff for people and dey don't pay. So Avon axed me for da money and I didn't have it. So I went back to babysittin for my relatives.
My last job was at ? My Baby Papi? Day Care. I watched all the kids for all the mothers who had to get on welfel. So now I am qualify to get my own Day Care.

REFERENCES:
Tio Checho (my third stepfather)
Pastor Roberto, (from my church "La Ostia De La Virgen")
Mr. Ross (my welfer case worker)

smiliee.gif

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Shame on you Marylin! I would have never thought that you'd be able to make fun of these poor people like that [trying to keep a straight face] Shame on you.

Sorry, can't help it... too funny
evillaugh2.gif

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
cool, what fun, lets kick the poor people in the ribs....

I used to be one and I can laugh about it...

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
shadley000 said:
cool, what fun, lets kick the poor people in the ribs....

I knew I was gonna gettet... hey, if I other people can make fun of my background, so can I, I least I do it with respect because "I bin dere"... :confused: :bored: :mad: :cheeky:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Very cliche!,poor taste,de-humanizing,not funny!

I never found "stereotyping" of any "group" funny.Especially by a member of the group.CRISCO:disappoin :disappoin

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Re: Very cliche!,poor taste,de-humanizing,not funny!

Criss Colon said:
I never found "stereotyping" of any "group" funny.Especially by a member of the group.CRISCO:disappoin :disappoin

Only those that are ashamed of who they are, or who they were find this type of stereotyping offensive...

PS: I'm pleasantly surprised you're so concerned about any specific ethnic group (especially Dominicans), so you do have a heart, maybe miracles do happen!!!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Very cliche!,poor taste,de-humanizing,not funny!

Criss Colon said:

Funny thing about stereotypes is that they are usually true!

Tony C.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
People love to use the word "stereotyping" because it's a long word, sounds sophisticated, it's easy to understand and those who use it tend to sound knowledgeable. Well, not every portray of the idiosyncracies of a race or group can be considered stereotyping. The most popular comedy shows in DR are of those portraying campesinos (mainly Cibae?os), their way of life, their picturesque language, and their general behavior. That by no way means that they're saying that every Cibae?o speaks that way, acts that way or behaves that way. We also see this characterizations in stand up comedies. Have you ever seen Paul Rodriguez doing a stand up act? or Chris Rock? I have been to Latin Nights at comedy clubs in NY that I almost peed on myself laughing at their portrayal of Dominicans, Cubans and Puerto Ricans, and I never thought of it as offensive.

When I posted this thread, I was ready for controversy, anything race-related is controversial, and like Shadley said "to each it's own", everyone is entitled to his opinion and that's what this forum is all about.

This "resume" was sent to me by an Puerto Rican ex co-worker and dear friend who knew "I" wouldn't get offended because "I" rose above all that when "I" got off welfare, graduated from College and climbed the ladder of success to reach a managerial position in a multi-national company... just like she did. :cool:

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Stereotype: Dumb Blondes ...

Tony C said:

OK Then name me one stereotype that, in General, is not true!

Tony C.

A BLONDE IN NEW YORK
A blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan
officer. She says she's going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000. The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for the loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to a new Rolls Royce. The car is parked on the street in front of the bank, she has the title and everything checks out. The bank agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan. The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the blonde for using a $250,000 Rolls as collateral against a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then proceeds to drive the Rolls into the bank's underground garage and parks
it there.

Two weeks later, the blonde returns, repays the $5,000 and the
interest, which comes to $15.41. The loan officer says, "Miss, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multi-millionaire. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?" The blonde replies....."Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?"

You see, blondes are not so dumb... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

paul

Jan 1, 2002
www.angelfire.com
If it ain't one stereotype it's another..

from the hoist by your own petard division

"People love to use the word "stereotyping" because it's a long word, sounds sophisticated, it's easy to understand and those who use it tend to sound knowledgeable....
When I posted this thread, I was ready for controversy, ...
This "resume" was sent to me by an Puerto Rican ex co-worker and dear friend who knew "I" wouldn't get offended because
"I" rose above all that when "I" got off welfare, graduated from College and climbed the ladder of success to reach a managerial position in a multi-national company... just like she did. "

You said it!!

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
where else

but on DR1 would a humorous post cause so much drama...

I for one was not offended mainly because I was on the floor dying...but some people need to lighten up and stop making a big issue out of every little thing that comes out of someones mouth (or fingers).

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I enjoyed it, too!

Not to worry. If Juliua alverez had put something like that in her book, she would have gotten more awards..
Good and funny

Now, about that Blond/parking joke.....My Father (RIP) told me that story over 15 years ago , had it set in Philadelphia and with a rich Philadelphia business man as the car owner.....

Still a true story!, My father told me so!!

HB
mutley-ani1.gif