if someone knows, please...

lodestar

Mar 9, 2005
thank you people for all your comments! I really appreciate it.

and as for my reality here, well, here it is: i have 28 years, live in a small town, have my own apartment and a car, finished medicine high school and as from next month i should start working in a local hospital as a doctor.My parents live in western european countries, so i have a good money support from their side, too.in summer, holidays on the see, in winter snowboarding on the mountain. its a pretty decent life i got here so im not complaining.And i am aware that if i ever come to DR, it could be much more difficult for me. new home, new job, new incomes...new people, new neighbours, new culture...all new! So, if i would move to DR, i find it to be a little risk. but risk im willing to take. Because, i just like the DR so much. it has nothing to do with my reality over here. my reality here is totally ok. many of that things i couldn afford in the dr i guess (exept of the summer holiday on the see, thats for sure!):) but i guess, its not about money, its more about the way of life.
anyway, that was little something about me. so maybe you can understand me now a little better.
grettings to all! (specilaly to carina who sims to be following my thread):)
thank you

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
My friend,Lodestar

There may be one tiny detail you may not have considered......In order to successfully establish oneself in business anywhere, you must know or at least understand the local language. Don't know if you do; but if so, you will have to take a special course in learning the bastardized Spanish spoken in DR.

It certaintly helps that you're, as stated, a medical doctor thereby giving better-than-average odds of making it here. Also, having an outside (parental support) income, greatly enhances the possibilities.

In any case, I hope you do come, enjoy and prosper in our little island!

Welcome to the Dominican Republic!!!!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
lodestar said:
well, i dont drink beer, so i guess i can cut it off from my list of consuming. just kidding:) oh well, 1500 is a 'nice' sum of money.
i know it is best to own an apartment than to rent one. but can someone, who is in that period of 2 years of getting residency, buy an apartment? or you must wait to get residency and then purchase a real estate and maybe start some work of your own?
and escott, thank you for your lines. yor reply was so calming:)

greetings...
Hey CalmISus

You don't need residency to buy or do anything here except work. Applying is just as good and gives you legality immediately.

Good luck!
Escott

lodestar

Mar 9, 2005
:)

you people are just so great! thank you for everything. i just hope everything will turn out ok when it comes to my visit to DR.

greetings and take care