If You are in the DR and get sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
What is your plan? I mean chest heaving, fever cannot catch a breathe or smell nor taste anything sick.

Will you go try to find an ICU bed in a private clinic, go to HOMS, go to the biggest hospital in Santo Domingo???

What is everybody's game plan?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
What is your plan? I mean chest heaving, fever cannot catch a breathe or smell nor taste anything sick.

Will you go try to find an ICU bed in a private clinic, go to HOMS, go to the biggest hospital in Santo Domingo???

Shall we start with yours? Which region of RD are you located, or did you evacuate to higher ground?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

Make sure you paid your insurance before you start looking for a private clinic in the DR. ;)

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
I just heard from a hospital administrator here that all Covid cases in the DR go to designated hospitals and are all handled by the Public Health system and the Secretary of Health office.

I am trying to figure out which hospitals. These locations are considered as isolation facilities.

There are 5 places including HOMS that can do the test. Some are private clinics. Just because they can do the test does not qualify them to treat the virus.

She also said things are changing here hour by hour.

Last edited:

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I’m taking this time to learn yoga, I’m getting better ! Soon I will be able to kiss my a$$ bye!

• Haha
Reactions: MarJD

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
More information that everyone may have.

You need a doctors prescription to qualify for a Covid Test here. That would be anyone's first step into the system here.

Jan 17, 2009
In his first address to the nation, Medina said that those able yo pay could choose going to private clinics.
I just heard from a hospital administrator here that all Covid cases in the DR go to designated hospitals and are all handled by the Public Health system and the Secretary of Health office.

I am trying to figure out which hospitals. These locations are considered as isolation facilities.

There are 5 places including HOMS that can do the test. Some are private clinics. Just because they can do the test does not qualify them to treat the virus.

She also said things are changing here hour by hour.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
More information that everyone may have.

You need a doctors prescription to qualify for a Covid Test here. That would be anyone's first step into the system here.

An Rx and 2 symptoms gets you a free test

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
In his first address to the nation, Medina said that those able yo pay could choose going to private clinics.
All changed now and changing day by day.

This is not the case today per a hospital owner/ administrator.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
..no symptoms, but starting on plan A as we speak..Drink all the French wine left that I brought with me..started at lunch with my last Chateau Lafite Rothschild 1994, wonderful medicine.. next a 1983 chateau Latour.. all that French medicine should be gone in about a week.....

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
..no symptoms, but starting on plan A as we speak..Drink all the French wine left that I brought with me..started at lunch with my last Chateau Lafite Rothschild 1994, wonderful medicine.. next a 1983 chateau Latour.. all that French medicine should be gone in about a week.....
Botellas Encantadoras[emoji485]

Jan 17, 2009
This hospital owner/administrator is from Puerto Plata Province or elsewhere in the country? Thnaks

QUOTE=ljmesg;2016825]All changed now and changing day by day.

This is not the case today per a hospital owner/ administrator.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have good insurance,PALIC Prestige and would hope I would get to Union medica or HOMS. I am taking all necessary steps to avoid it as I have a compromised heart condition. Fortunately we have two colmadoes that do home delivery, but stocked up on the 18th with at least a month worth of vegetables and fruit....etc. Most of our students are doing schoolwork at home through whatsapp groups set up with each teacher.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I plan for today and hope for tomorrow.
If the symptoms kick in...there is not much hope for a fella my age and several compromised health issues.
Hey!
I came here to be with family and for the great air the tropics offer.
Now even that is compromised .. Sometimes we just keep pi**ing in the wind.
IN the end my plan B is to stick my head between my legs and kiss my arse goodbye.
In the meantime I plan to enjoy this day to the fullest....

Russell

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I plan for today and hope for tomorrow.
If the symptoms kick in...there is not much hope for a fella my age and several compromised health issues.
Hey!
I came here to be with family and for the great air the tropics offer.
Now even that is compromised .. Sometimes we just keep pi**ing in the wind.
IN the end my plan B is to stick my head between my legs and kiss my arse goodbye.
In the meantime I plan to enjoy this day to the fullest....

Russell
"I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
-Woody Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.