If you can’t beat them, join them; transporters sign agreement with Uber

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
It reads like the Taxistas can opt in (or out) of the Uber platform.... as they wish

The prime benefit is to the visitor..... no more getting dragged out of their Uber
Taxi Drivers from Hotels will win in some ways, because now as uber can make one way trip using the plataform and the way back can make arrangement with the person for later pick up and earn 100% of the trip, the consumer will win too because the fares will be regular price, not the abusive ones they have.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Actually it's not as one would think. Taxi Unions don't want to take rides for low Uber rates, they want Uber to raise rates to their union level.

"It is like giving the platform to the taxi unionists of this country. More confusion, more problematic," he said.

Another of the demands that tourist taxi drivers pose is regarding the rate, in which they ask Uber drivers to have the prices of services like these, added Vega in the program that Anibelca Rosario, Hansel García, Marisol Mendoza and Dary Terrero drive. .

"What do the tourist taxi drivers propose, we are going to adhere to the platform, but prior to that the platforms have to level the rate they use, that is, put it at the level of us to start creating inequality with the user" , he pointed out.
Sorry to hear anyone lose an investment over competition, but competition benefits the consumer.

I am not surprised at the above and Uber cannot charge lower rates. The taxi mafia wins as expected.

Reactions: bachata

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The taxistas are going along with the agreement for the time being. However, the accord has the strength of poorly tied shoe strings. It will unravel with time because the syndicates in fear of losing control of power over members will find excuses to start throwing shoes at the sources of their unease.

Regards,

PJT

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I am already encountering UBER drivers who will inform me they cannot offer the service I need at the price UBER specifies when I solicit a ride, and ask for a higher fare.
If I don't agree, they tell me to cancel or they just leave the trip hanging.
In those cases we have to make a complaing and ask for a refund of the charge for cancelling, one day I used uber and the driver never showed up, I contacted him and he said could not make it, he didnt cancel, I did but make a complaing about it, and I got the money refund.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In those cases we have to make a complaing and ask for a refund of the charge for cancelling, one day I used uber and the driver never showed up, I contacted him and he said could not make it, he didnt cancel, I did but make a complaing about it, and I got the money refund.
If the Uber driver says you were not there Uber will charge you a fee. Then you need to contact them and they will give you credit for the fee. Not a great thing to have to deal with.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Actually it's not as one would think. Taxi Unions don't want to take rides for low Uber rates, they want Uber to raise rates to their union level.

"It is like giving the platform to the taxi unionists of this country. More confusion, more problematic," he said.

Another of the demands that tourist taxi drivers pose is regarding the rate, in which they ask Uber drivers to have the prices of services like these, added Vega in the program that Anibelca Rosario, Hansel García, Marisol Mendoza and Dary Terrero drive. .

"What do the tourist taxi drivers propose, we are going to adhere to the platform, but prior to that the platforms have to level the rate they use, that is, put it at the level of us to start creating inequality with the user" , he pointed out.
"Be reasonable, do it my way."

Feb 7, 2007
I am already encountering UBER drivers who will inform me they cannot offer the service I need at the price UBER specifies when I solicit a ride, and ask for a higher fare.
If I don't agree, they tell me to cancel or they just leave the trip hanging.
You shall record the conversation and then inform Uber. It's frequent in La Romana. I try not to use I er if I can find Indriver ride. They are cheaper anyway

Reactions: Grampa