Ignore button

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I am trying to understand the ignore function. So if I ignore a poster he can still see my posts and troll/insult me and then I can’t see it but it’s still public?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The purpose of the ignore button is to eliminate you seeing posts by others who aggravate, anger or trigger you.

Reactions: westcan

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
The purpose of the ignore button is to eliminate you seeing posts by others who aggravate, anger or trigger you.
The way this is worded, one has to wonder if a companion pet, i think they are called emotional support animals or psychiatric service dogs? May help. Blocking someone on the boards seems like a treatment of a symptom and not the cause. I would have said it: :ignore works so you don't have to read the constant bombardment of nonsense or other attempt to intentionally bother another member who generally minds his own business.

Reactions: Neargale

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
It doesn’t seem very useful. The comment is still there and you don’t see it but everybody else does.

Reactions: cavok

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It seem like a male “profession” mostly. I have not really noticed many online women trolls/stalkers.
He is an older fellow with a lot of time on his hands, might be gay, so I am honestly scared of him.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I am trying to understand the ignore function. So if I ignore a poster he can still see my posts and troll/insult me and then I can’t see it but it’s still public?
Go ahead and try it. You can turn it on or off for anyone except moderators (I think)

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Go ahead and try it. You can turn it on or off for anyone except moderators (I think)
I don’t think it really makes much sense. You ignore the person and don’t see it and he goes ahead and attacks you personally. Better would be if your own posts can’t be seen by the troll.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I don’t think it really makes much sense. You ignore the person and don’t see it and he goes ahead and attacks you personally. Better would be if your own posts can’t be seen by the troll.
So you would want the ignore function to block everybody from seeing a persons' posts?

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
So you would want the ignore function to block everybody from seeing a persons' posts?
No only when that person responds to my post. So he can troll me and I don’t see it but everybody else does. What about introducing a function that you can erase your own post so when you are trolled you can backtrack yourself.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Just tell us out loud who the Ay Hole is, I will make sure they go away!:devilish:

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Just tell us out loud who the Ay Hole is, I will make sure they go away!:devilish:
Well we now have 17 posts in a thread dedicated to ignoring an individual. The OP has made reference to egregious insults and constant trolling. That said, we all read the same board and I can't seem to find any of these instances. We all throw the word troll around a bit too much as well. One person's trolling is another's respectful discourse or disagreement with another's opinion or take on said events. Maybe we can all calm down and eat some fruit.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
haha. I was looking at it from a technical perspective. That the ignore button in its current form makes no sense.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
You could always delete the bookmark and trade Crypto.
Just downloaded my QR Code vaccination card as PDF and have it in my email and as screenshot. That was fun. I also have the vaccination card still. So glad I got fully vaccinated with two Sinovac Jabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.