Ignore button

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Just downloaded my QR Code vaccination card as PDF and have it in my email and as screenshot. That was fun. I also have the vaccination card still. So glad I got fully vaccinated with two Sinovac Jabs.
Let us know how it goes in the morning.....or send me a note

Safe trip !!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I don’t think it really makes much sense. You ignore the person and don’t see it and he goes ahead and attacks you personally. Better would be if your own posts can’t be seen by the troll.
Its an excellent tool that lets you avoid exposure to the trash.
Who cares if they attack you personally. Its an aggravation eliminator.
A good example is the thread about the German man who allegedly was murdered by his wife.
Immediately you get stupid remarks about the woman's appearance and comments about how "most" marriages with Dominican women end.
People I respect keep quiet until they know what went on.
Fools jump right in.
The ignore button keeps you from being exposed to the stupidity.
Makes it a much nicer experience.

And it fun from time to time to unmute some of the bigger fools to see if they have smartened up.
Not a one I have found so far and its nice to see you did the right thing to eliminate them from your reality.
Lot of nice people here who make great contributions but can get drowned out in the babble.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
A good example is the thread about the German man who allegedly was murdered by his wife.
Immediately you get stupid remarks about the woman's appearance and comments about how "most" marriages with Dominican women end.
Fools jump right in.

And it fun from time to time to unmute some of the bigger fools to see if they have smartened up.
Not a one I have found so far and its nice to see you did the right thing to eliminate them from your reality.
Lot of nice people here who make great contributions but can get drowned out in the babble.
Hmmm. I personally feel some of those comments were humourous but very helpful to an unsuspecting type that may get involved with a Siren. Obviously it happens all the time unless you live in a different DR than I do. So some pointers and opinions from folks with experience may be very helpful, even potentially help avoid a senseless homicide. Regardless of whether you agree with the posters' style or not. I feel your anger bro. Let it out. It's all gonna be ok.

Reactions: CristoRey and jd426

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
As usual, we have the self-righteous, virtue signalers who want to tell everybody else how they should feel.
Those "lot" that use caps and bold and name calling, along with various other scare and intimidation tactics like threatening with physical violence. Aren't those the real "fools"?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Fools jump right in.

Of course you can say the ignore button works somewhat as you don’t see the troll comment on your post and especially that frustrates the troll because his comment was meant to provoke a reaction and escalate things into an argument. I have a couple on ignore now so cant see the hate they are spewing. It’s mind boggling the time they spend on dr1.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Hmmm. I personally feel some of those comments were humourous but very helpful to an unsuspecting type that may get involved with a Siren. Obviously it happens all the time unless you live in a different DR than I do. So some pointers and opinions from folks with experience may be very helpful, even potentially help avoid a senseless homicide. Regardless of whether you agree with the posters' style or not. I feel your anger bro. Let it out. It's all gonna be ok.
Some people live next to that big River calle de Nile ...

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I admit now the ignore button can work. It’s a short list really to make it a civilized forum.

Reactions: zoomzx11

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I find that if someone is getting out of hand, the Report function works. There's a button on the bottom left of each post. You can flag up a post to a mod, say why you are unhappy about it and in my experience they almost always do something about it. Obviously not to be used when you just disagree with someone, but good when someone is being openly abusive or racist for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.