IKEA Dominicana

Have you shopped at IKEA Dominican Republic?

• No, but I have been to the main store and am open to the possibility.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
No idea "bro" if there is a IKEA here in Colombia as I rent furnished apartments via air bnb but I'm sure you could easily find out on line if you are so inclined.
If you don't know now you know "bro" ‼️

Reactions: Garyexpat

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Thank you for your answer and your advice.
Glad everything is working out for you.
I have had no problem with some furniture from IKEA.
Some of it is made out of real wood.
If I do not move for 30 years I do not see why I would not be able to pass it on.
But why would I want to❓
The furniture I received from my Mother when she died I helped her buy.
She wanted a different look.
Different ways of living for different folks.
Do you know IKEA has excellent soft goods ❓
They do not last for years but they dry my *** real good "bro"‼️
I am posting from EAST SIDE.
Where you posting from❓
I too have purchased some furniture from IKEA in Santo Domingo and yes I know IKEA has excellent soft goods as well and like their meatballs sold in the cafeteria. My folks moved their furniture cross country from Pennsylvania to California so they did move once in their lives. I've moved too many times to count and have given away and re-purchased.
I know the EAST SIDE very well, had 3 different offices on the east side and back when I went out a lot preferred the east side feel, mostly Ave Venezuela but also las Agulas on Ave Sanvicente de Paul (only Salsa) over the "other side".
I have lived in R.D. for going on 15 years but as previously noted left for Colombia, now Santa Marta, because of the oppressive curfew in the D.R. but plan on returning. Have a nice weekend. .....bro

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
:Start of off topic:

As much as its part of the public discourse, the reality is that the "east side" implies that its the same city when its not. SDE is its own city with its own mayor, own city government, own coat of arms, own city hall, own everything. Its even the capital of Santo Domingo province, which is different from Distrito Nacional the nation's capital city. Once you cross eastward on any of the bridges over the Ozama River you are not in Santo Domingo de Guzmán in the Distrito Nacional.

The reason some people still refer to SDE as the "east side" is because until 2002 (or maybe it was 2001) it was a part of Santo Domingo de Guzmán and the Distrito Nacional encompass the entirety of what is now Santo Domingo province. That was then and this is now.

ftR5db.jpg

:End of off topic:

Last edited:

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Location of IKEA in Santo Domingo:
El Pino, Av. John F. Kennedy, Santo Domingo 10103
That would mean it is not in Santo Domingo Este.
But I think I said that before.
In addition to the excellent soft goods I find there I also like the cookware and kitchen utensils.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Agree with you.

I have a dining table from Ikea which has 10+ years. Someone had returned it and the sales guy wanted my phone number, so I had a great price. I changed the chairs a couple of times (non-Ikea).

Other stuff, you get what you pay for. I have a nice corner sofa, I changed the legs and bought new cushion covers, almost the price of the original sofa, but then when I get tired of it, I will just changed it up or buy a cheap new one and "pimp" it.

The things that don't stand the test of time are perfectly fine with me, I get tired of things quickly, and change my decor every couple of years or so, so Ikea is perfect for someone with furniture ADHD like me.

In DR, with the possibility of the artisans replicating for a reasonable price (I tried state side, crazy prices !), it s less of a use. I am working on terrace furniture made right now. A dream !
Of all the furniture in my house.... the best and the ones that never break are the pieces made by a small furniture shop in a barrio...I find what I like at a store, take a photo a few measurements...and he makes me beautiful things for about half the price..........

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
By the way, can somebody recommend a good shop in Santo Domingo that can fabricate a round table top and a round glass to cover it? I want to combine it with some parts from Ikea, but I need a custom good quality top for that. And I don't want to drive to some ghetto for that, so it must be in a good area. The only place I know is Nelcasa, they are not far from Ikea, but they are very busy and slow now, I asked them to fabricate a replacement door for Ikea's bathroom furniture, and I am already waiting 3 weeks for it.