IKEA selling out?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
more nonsense from the guy who shovels more sh*t than anyone else in this site. do you think foreign direct investment is run by remote control? the majority of high level personnel in primary sector FDI are expats. they live here, even if only for the duration of their job tenures. the guys who own call centers, many of them Canadians and Americans, live here. the principals of manufacturing sector FDI are also resident here . man, alive!

And some of us Expats are the cause of bringing in that foreign investment, mining, real estate etc. which never would have landed otherwise. Do you think all foreignors would risk their investments in the corrupt cluster@#$k of the DR without having a trusted foreignor who actually lives here. I am just one of many who has been the result of these investments and I will not show on the "Pichardo $5000.00" stats list. Stats really mean **** here!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
more nonsense from the guy who shovels more sh*t than anyone else in this site. do you think foreign direct investment is run by remote control? the majority of high level personnel in primary sector FDI are expats. they live here, even if only for the duration of their job tenures. the guys who own call centers, many of them Canadians and Americans, live here. the principals of manufacturing sector FDI are also resident here . man, alive!

Thanks! Saves me typing the same!

Matilda

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
And some of us Expats are the cause of bringing in that foreign investment, mining, real estate etc. which never would have landed otherwise. Do you think all foreignors would risk their investments in the corrupt cluster@#$k of the DR without having a trusted foreignor who actually lives here. I am just one of many who has been the result of these investments and I will not show on the "Pichardo $5000.00" stats list. Stats really mean **** here!

the fact that PICHARDO?S stats sell for 5000 dollars proves that a sucker is born every day. the guy left out an entire demographic in a statistical table, dealing with income classifications. when quizzed about the oversight, he attributed it to a QUINTILE!!!! i kid you not!!

Dec 26, 2011
Still waiting on PICHARDO's documentation to support his bluster(0.01% comment).

You may impress your compatriots with your braggadocio and evasions, but it's not working on more skeptical thinkers.

Stick to posting pics.

Accuracy is obviously of little import to you. You're destined for politics, it would seem.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Still waiting on PICHARDO's documentation to support his bluster(0.01% comment).

You may impress your compatriots with your braggadocio and evasions, but it's not working on more skeptical thinkers.

Stick to posting pics.

Accuracy is obviously of little import to you. You're destined for politics, it would seem.

ouch! that is going to leave a mark!!

Dec 26, 2011
ouch! that is going to leave a mark!!

There's all kinds of room for differing personalities in this world but you can't just make up numbers in 2012 on a public forum and then hide from sincere inquiry as to how they were arrived at. That worked in the old world. Not now.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
There's all kinds of room for differing personalities in this world but you can't just make up numbers in 2012 on a public forum and then hide from sincere inquiry as to how they were arrived at. That worked in the old world. Not now.

This is soooo true, but it all depends on what is being debated and who's numbers are being questioned.

For instance, every one will lambast all over Pichardo if most don't agree with what's he's presenting. Most poster will question him to provide proof to substantiate his claims, but at the same time if another poster presents numbers or a statistic who's only purpose is to bash the DR, even if, said poster can't provide real scientific stats to back them up; then these numbers are not questioned by anyone.

I could provide evidence to my claim, but then I run the risk of being accused of derailing the thread if I did.

JohnT

Jun 15, 2009
With the super low cost and beauty of real wood / hand crafted furniture, in the RD. Why buy box inferior?

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Sorry
did not see superlow cost real wood furniture ,I was looking
ended up getting a mix of both
some handmade ,some Ikea
just dont like the idea of my furniture outliving me by 100 years lol
Manu

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
This is soooo true, but it all depends on what is being debated and who's numbers are being questioned.

For instance, every one will lambast all over Pichardo if most don't agree with what's he's presenting. Most poster will question him to provide proof to substantiate his claims, but at the same time if another poster presents numbers or a statistic who's only purpose is to bash the DR, even if, said poster can't provide real scientific stats to back them up; then these numbers are not questioned by anyone.

I could provide evidence to my claim, but then I run the risk of being accused of derailing the thread if I did.

the fact that other posters are not required to buttress their claims is irrelevant. they should be, and can be. that does not excuplate PICHARDO from the accusation that he is a fountainhead of useless, inaccurate, nonsense.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
With the super low cost and beauty of real wood / hand crafted furniture, in the RD. Why buy box inferior?

Yes, curious, super low cost in DR for furniture, please tell? Some food staples and beer low cost agree, most everything else, not so sure!

Dec 26, 2011
the fact that other posters are not required to buttress their claims is irrelevant. they should be, and can be. that does not excuplate PICHARDO from the accusation that he is a fountainhead of useless, inaccurate, nonsense.

A simple "It was hyperbolic rhetoric, I'm so busted, hahaha...lighten up folks...facts are malleable" would work. But he's entrenched himself, evading the question. The inability to be wrong or accountable says a lot about a person's character, even on an internet forum.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
A simple "It was hyperbolic rhetoric, I'm so busted, hahaha...lighten up folks...facts are malleable" would work. But he's entrenched himself, evading the question. The inability to be wrong or accountable says a lot about a person's character, even on an internet forum.

Hold tight! He will eventually see your posts of challenge and will reply with some of his usually logic or quotes that strengthen or verify his case...

Dec 26, 2011
Hold tight! He will eventually see your posts of challenge and will reply with some of his usually logic or quotes that strengthen or verify his case...

Wonderful!

The closest he's come is the offer of a financial report in exchange for 5000$(US).

Last edited:

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Wonderful!

The closest he's come is the offer of a financial report in exchange for 5000$(US).

Ok, possible this is all just a marketing tactic to sell the aforementioned ($5000) stats report. Brilliant! He is a smart cookey, I will give him that.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Ok, possible this is all just a marketing tactic to sell the aforementioned ($5000) stats report. Brilliant! He is a smart cookey, I will give him that.

i have no doubt that the guy is a slick, shrewd player. from where i stand, he just has no academic bonafides.