IKEA store coming to Punta Cana

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Ikea-El-Nuevo-Diario-e1589814703970.jpg

Coming soon to the Punta Cana-Bavaro area is an Ikea store. The vacation area for years has had a pick-up facility in the central area of Downtown Punta Cana, but the Ikea experience will soon be expanded. The new store is a major plus for those purchasing vacation homes or renting in the area. Ikea is already hiring for its new store. Punta Cana is one of the fast-growing communities in all the Dominican Republic.

Read more:Ikea

12 July 2022

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
There is already one here in Bavaro, Punta Cana. Has been here for about 10 years.

That is a small display, order and pickup service center not a full store like the IKEA store in SD.

¡IKEA CRECE EN BÁVARO!​

Muy pronto pasaremos de un Punto de entrega a una Tienda IKEA y queremos contratarte.​

IKEA muy pronto estará expandiendo su concepto a una Tienda en Bávaro. Esta tienda está organizada para combinar inspiración y los productos que IKEA ofrece en cada área central del hogar en un solo espacio. Además, podrás llevarte del Bistro, un trocito de Suecia a casa, con comida sana y saludable, productos artesanales elaborados al momento, delicioso salmón, las clásicas albóndigas y, cómo no, el Hot Dog más famoso del mundo.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I think the current one is really more of a pick-up location with a few things on display. The new one will be a proper size Ikea where you can collect your own order and not wait for it to arrive from Santo Domingo.
I really have no idea as I am not interested in buying furniture that I have to put together. Cash and carry for me..............

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
IKEA straight rocks ‼️

Been shopping there since I was a poor college student.
Still shop there now that I am here as a poor "guest" trying to make it in a 🇩🇴 world.

Just stay away from the pressboard stuff.
Does not hold up in this climate.
The real wood stuff I am still using to this day.
The soft goods are of some of the highest quality items I have been able to buy in 🇩🇴.

But IKEA is expensive here 💰📈

IKEA has a solid management team.
In a country not known for customer service...the customer service is excellent in the Santo Domingo store (on Kennedy) and provided with local talent.
THAT alone says something to me.

The expansion in Punta Cana means they see profits...
That is good sign (in my opinion)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
There is already one here in Bavaro, Punta Cana. Has been here for about 10 years.

That's a punto de entrega of the store/warehouse in Santo Domingo. There is another one in Santiago and possibly elsewhere. Now Punta Cana will have a full Ikea store and that will be the second one in the DR. It's kind of shocking Punta Cana would get a full store before Santiago.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
IKEA straight rocks ‼️

Been shopping there since I was a poor college student.
Still shop there now that I am here as a poor "guest" trying to make it in a 🇩🇴 world.

Just stay away from the pressboard stuff.
Does not hold up in this climate.
The real wood stuff I am still using to this day.
The soft goods are of some of the highest quality items I have been able to buy in 🇩🇴.

But IKEA is expensive here 💰📈

IKEA has a solid management team.
In a country not known for customer service...the customer service is excellent in the Santo Domingo store (on Kennedy) and provided with local talent.
THAT alone says something to me.

The expansion in Punta Cana means they see profits...
That is good sign (in my opinion)
Agree, and I love their food court. Every time I visit the store I can't help myself and just pig out on all the goodies.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
That's a punto de entrega of the store/warehouse in Santo Domingo. There is another one in Santiago and possibly elsewhere. Now Punta Cana will have a full Ikea store and that will be the second one in the DR. It's kind of shocking Punta Cana would get a full store before Santiago.
Yes, that surprises me also.
I have several friends that would like to see a full store IKEA in Santiago also.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Refurnished my entire apartment last year with Ikea. Out with the old in with new. The employees at the location here in Santiago did a good job start to finish. I will definitey shop there again in the future.

They obviously have a lot of faith in Punta Cana. Good for their local economy as it will bring them more jobs.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Refurnished my entire apartment last year with Ikea. Out with the old in with new. The employees at the location here in Santiago did a good job start to finish. I will definitey shop there again in the future.
I have an Italian tenant that has been renting my DC apartment for the past 16 years. He tool me that he might be returning to Italy for good but he's not sure when. Whenever he moves out I'm redoing the kitchen with IKEA and pretty much everything else that's old and dingy. Like you said out with the old and in with the new.

Some of the IKEA stuff might be a bit pricey but I can deal with that given the great level of customer service. If you stay away from the compress janky stuff, IKEA is great.
They obviously have a lot of faith in Punta Cana. Good for their local economy as it will bring them more jobs.
I thought the same thing, so did one of my best bud that lives in Santiago. I thought that if IKEA would build a second store here in DR it would be in Santiago. Apparently their projection were better for Punta Cana. Either way it's all good.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
There are shortcuts through them lol. You don't actually need to walk through the whole store.
Exactly, if I am on a purchase mission, I take the direct route. Sometimes it requires backtracking against traffic.

But it is interesting to me how it seems that many are in IKEA as a social event as much as shopping. Entire families, some pushing baby strollers just enjoying the long walk while piling up those carts. 💰📈

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
They have one of the pick up centers in La Romana.
I furnished my apartment in SD mostly from Ikea when I lived there.
I have a few bigger items in our home in Canada as well. Their stuff is hit and miss for me.
The Hemnes line seems to fare okay for what it costs. But then so does the bottom end Lack stuff considering how cheap it is.
You can furnish an apartment nicely with their textiles and storage solutions. If you’re on a budget, want a fresh and modern look, and live close to a store or pick up location, they’re a decent option.