I'll let the board decide the fate of this idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Correct.
My wife registered here and was banned (for whatever reason she does not know).
In some of my posts I referred to the name 'Janin' (as being my wife's account).
No secret.

As I understand other couples also have two names on this board...
Are they all sock puppets?

m'frog

I think you have it wrong. Janin is on vacation. This is not banned. This means that the poster is getting a little over the top and needs to take time out.

No, not all sockpuppets .. many couples using the same machine. They log out usually before the other personality logs back in.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Back to topic .. the Fate of This Idiot!

Take his Money!

Take him to court. With what we have as evidence, we will get some kind of monetary damage award (I certainly had pain and suffering working to keep the board clean so that most posters could go on with their business and not be bothered by this kind of delusional idiocy).

Give the money to a charity of the moderators' choice.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Steve McNee

IMHO the longer we keep this thread going the more we fuel this poster's need for self publicity. Knowing Marco and his contribution to the community and help & guidance here on this board,please end this thread & halt this poster asap.
Abuela

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Perhaps Stevie should be allowed to post anything and everything he wants, unedited. Post his PMs and e-mails too. Post that they are from ???aka Stevie. THEN IGNORE HIM...

This also would provides others with the chance to respond to Stevie via direct PM or e-mail.

Regards, Ringo

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Back to topic .. the Fate of This Idiot!

Take his Money!

Take him to court. With what we have as evidence, we will get some kind of monetary damage award (I certainly had pain and suffering working to keep the board clean so that most posters could go on with their business and not be bothered by this kind of delusional idiocy).

Give the money to a charity of the moderators' choice.
Are you aware of how legally difficult that would be?

Which venue? What charges? Besides, there are no punitive damage awards in the DR, no "pain and suffering".

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Every new forum member agrees to the rules of board when they register. Whether they actually read it or not, they agree to the following:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of DR1 Dominican Republic Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Posts and threads are only deleted if they contain personal information or content that is of a obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Active accounts with a post count of one (1) or more will not be deleted, unless they violate the rules and policies detailed above.

Bottom line is Copyright of DR1, All Rights Reserved.

Now personally, I would not put tags under people names without their permission, even if it is my right to edit. However if I believe the members aren't living up to the policies of the forum and rules of posting which are clearly posted everywhere and they are violating laws (threatening, libel, slander, etc.) or harming individuals or groups of people, I would have to take action in the forum and possibly offline in the courts. Perhaps that's is the only way this will be resolved.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Which venue? What charges? Besides, there are no punitive damage awards in the DR, no "pain and suffering".

Certainly not in the DR of course. I don't want to say more about this. ;) Anyone is free to study chilling effects. In addition, this is criminal harrasment in Canada. There may have been Canadians involved. Uhm... I'm just letting the mind wander a little here .. Jurisdiction could be the easy part of this.

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I agree.
Particularly as the inquisitor dishes out bad reputation points for disagreeing opinions...

Private wars should not be fought in public, especially when equality of arms is not given.

mountainfrog

I just tried to give you some reputation points, but the site says I have to spread the points around, the thing is, I haven't given you any points. I agree with BushBaby on this one, ignore him.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Correct.
My wife registered here and was banned (for whatever reason she does not know).
In some of my posts I referred to the name 'Janin' (as being my wife's account).
No secret.

As I understand other couples also have two names on this board...
Are they all sock puppets?

m'frog
http://www.dr1.com/forums/sankie-101/66765-sanky-not-4.html#post560185<o></o>
<o></o>
<table style="width: 100%;" class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" width="100%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0in;" nowrap="nowrap"> Janin <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_560185", true); </script>
On Vacation....
</td> <td style="padding: 0in; width: 100%;" width="100%">
</td> <td style="padding: 0in;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> Join Date: Jul 2007

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> [Shut Up?
<hr align="center" color="#173f96" noshade="noshade" size="1" width="100%">​
Quote:
<table style="width: 100%;" class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt inset ; padding: 4.5pt;"> Originally Posted by Can2Dom
janin - do u feel good trash talking someone you dont know??? do you know what i look like?? no! so hold out on your stupid comments.<o></o>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Why do you get the impression that I am trashing you?
Please cite.
(Suppose I am not used to be told to shut up by someone who is obviously ignorant about so much.)

Furthermore how would you know whether my comment about 'mamasote' was stupid, if you don't know the meaning of that word?

BTW, I've just asked my reference dictionary, my wife, and she said that 'mamasote' need not necessarily mean a mama big in size... it could refer to her beauty, charme, almost whatever...

Janin
<o></o>
Need I say more?<o></o>

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I did look at litigation concerning a Canadian that had "done me wrong" in the Dominican Republic. Walking away was difficult, but was much more realistic.

I think... that the complaint would have to be filed in Canada since the origin of the offenses are posted from Canada. Being that they end up on a Dominican web site or a persons' e-mail in the Dominican Republic may involve International law... in Canada. Legal action would be very expensive and tedious. It would most likely require those claiming to be injured or as a witness travel to Canada.

Proving actual physical impairment, mental anguish, pain and suffering and loss of revenue due to "nasty" posts may be easy, but near impossible to collect any cash or to inforce an order.

Not a lawyer, Ringo

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
He declared war.
He started it all, and he libeled people/businesses in public.
We, on the other hand have not responded in kind, as we are a bit more civil and decent.
Anyone who felt wronged by this poster could have easily libeled Stevie's business to get even.
He deserves at least that and more.
Don't tell me that you would lie down like a doormat if you came under attack.
We know you better and have seen samples of how far you will go when you were using the "Janin" sockpuppet name.
So back off a bit with playing innocent.

Wouldn't you say that with Robert's opening post that he is libeling this guys business, and Janin is the of name of Mountainfrog's better half.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Proving actual physical impairment, mental anguish, pain and suffering and loss of revenue due to "nasty" posts may be easy, but near impossible to collect any cash or to inforce an order.

Not a lawyer, Ringo

Not a lawyer .. but criminal charges to me means going to jail. Perhaps that will stop this fellow?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Not a lawyer .. but criminal charges to me means going to jail. Perhaps that will stop this fellow?

Where is the criminal case? What criminal injuries have been committed that the Canadian/International prosecutors are going to file? Those injured in the Dominican Republic would have to show and prove as witnesses to prove a case.

I think I am in over my head. I know nothing of Canadian law.

Still not a lawyer, Ringo

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Where is the criminal case? What criminal injuries have been committed that the Canadian/International prosecutors are going to file? Those injured in the Dominican Republic would have to show and prove as witnesses to prove a case.

I think I am in over my head. I know nothing of Canadian law.

Still not a lawyer, Ringo
Threats in the DR are criminal acts.
In fact, just calling a person "Ladrone", can land you in prison.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Threats in the DR are criminal acts.
In fact, just calling a person "Ladrone", can land you in prison.

I did not know that. (Ooops, I may be in trouble. lol)

So the legal question would be where to file a case and how to enforce it. A judgement won in the Dominican Repulic is enforced in Canada? I don't know.

Regards, Ringo

Status
Not open for further replies.