Illnesses & Deaths at DR Hotels

C

ctrob

Guest
uh, oh! Hoping this is not de ja vu all over again.
I am still getting over the forum response to the woman who was savagely beaten in SD.
i'm gonna go with carbon monoxide poisoning from a poorly maintained gas powered genset - venting near their window.
 
F

frank recktenwald

Guest
Some anxiety medication was found. Who knows what they were taking but I reckon an autopsy will bring the answers.
 
T

the gorgon

Guest
i'm gonna go with carbon monoxide poisoning from a poorly maintained gas powered genset - venting near their window.
you should wait until something concrete is revealed, rather than making such unfounded speculations. these people have families who read these pages. leave this kind of conduct to people with defective upbringing.
 
T

tee

Guest
Yeah...theories help the newspapers ammo to slam the DR as the most dangerous place, which in fact it isn't. Remember the case a couple of months ago of the couple that went missing after leaving their hotel in the Las Terrenas area. Theories were flying around that they were kidnapped and murdered. It was in the US and Canadian news, even in a UK newspaper...and what happened? A car accident although the DR's name had been tarnished once more but you think the news was corrected??? The damage was already done so let's wait for the medical reports instead of theories otherwise you are just fueling the fire. Whoever they were, may they rest in peace.
 
C

ctrob

Guest
you should wait until something concrete is revealed, rather than making such unfounded speculations. these people have families who read these pages. leave this kind of conduct to people with defective upbringing.
I knew you were just itching to use that word.

It's actually a pretty good theory. If they were found in bed and no sign of foul play, that's the first thing I would look into.
 
C

Caonabo

Guest
i'm gonna go with carbon monoxide poisoning from a poorly maintained gas powered genset - venting near their window.
Not ruling out your suggestion as I am not sure what a gas powered genset is, but I do know that carbon monoxide poisoning is more frequent within cabanas due to persons leaving their car engine running in order to listen to their own musical preferences while exercising.
 
C

ctrob

Guest
Not ruling out your suggestion as I am not sure what a gas powered genset is, but I do know that carbon monoxide poisoning is more frequent within cabanas due to persons leaving their car engine running in order to listen to their own musical preferences while exercising.
genset is a construction term for generator. Gasoline as opposed to diesel fuel.
 
C

ctrob

Guest
We learn something new every day. Is this commonplace equipment in an individual hotel room?
No, but if the generator was near their room and the exhaust was near their open window, and the wind was just right so the fumes could enter the room....it could be deadly.
 
J

JDJones

Guest
No, but if the generator was near their room and the exhaust was near their open window, and the wind was just right so the fumes could enter the room....it could be deadly.
Would that infer that every tourist who stays in that room has died?
 
C

ctrob

Guest
Would that infer that every tourist who stays in that room has died?
Not at all. Circumstances can change and become just right for carbon monoxide to enter a room. Wind patterns change, doors left open or closed, windows left open, generator room vents blocked, exhaust plugged, exhaust pipe rusts and falls apart changing the discharge location, and on and on.

Couple that with two people sleeping, and you've got a deadly accident. But at this point, just a theory.
 
J

jd426

Guest
Would that infer that every tourist who stays in that room has died?
You could die in your own HOUSE from Carbon Monoxide, if your Furnace exhaust pipe is not venting properly into the chimney . people don't even realize how fast and easy you can get carbon monoxide poisoning ... Thankfully the C O Detectors are very sensitive and will alert you, provided you have one there.
So , yeagh If you are next to an open window and a Generator is running just outside , it can easily happen , if you are taking a nap, you just may never wake up.. It does not take much .
 
Z

zoomzx11

Guest
This double death has not grabbed the attention of dr1 armchair sleuths.
Could it be the lack of violence?
US press is on the case but nothing like the SD beating.
Tourism types have to hate seeing these incidents and the awful publicity for the DR.
 
D

Don PISTOLAS

Guest
With the combination of painkilling drugs they were using , mixing with alcohol may have been deadly. Accidental suicide?
Unfortunately, with the pain killer epidemic in the united states and the new laws preventing doctors from prescribing them like before. There is a huge market for fake prescription pills that are pressed with fentanyl. These pills are much stonger and result in many overdoses. Especially when people dont know that is what they are buying. Or they know and the batch was especially strong .
 
K

KyleMackey

Guest
Unfortunately, with the pain killer epidemic in the united states and the new laws preventing doctors from prescribing them like before. There is a huge market for fake prescription pills that are pressed with fentanyl. These pills are much stonger and result in many overdoses. Especially when people dont know that is what they are buying. Or they know and the batch was especially strong .
Big problem.