I'm Convinced That Haiti Truly Is Cursed!

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Maybe Haitians might copy of Dominicans and build a big church in east point of their territory...
Dominican myth
Most Dominicans believes that the construction of Catholic church La Basilica in Higuey in honor to "La virgen de la Altagracia" saint patron of DR is the reason for what most hurricanes change their trajectory and goes around the Dominican Republic.

JJ

This is totaly untrue, Hurricane Georges in 1998, came from Puerto Rico and went straigh through the DR, entering first through Higuey and then making a bee-line to Haiti and Cuda. Could there be some Dominican believers witch might argue in favor of your statement yes, a very small number might. However, the lion?s share of Dominicans will agree that faith and prayer is what keeps everyone safe from most danger here in DR.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Ok, mira mi MerenguitoDutchito solo quiero transmitir la idea que NO SON religiones cristianos. Ni voodoo, Santeria, Palos son basadas en una fundacion biblica y establecida. Period. If you want send me a personal email (since religion is sooo taboo around here) to quote me some Bible texts showing me otherwise, te invito con mucho gusto. Otherwise, te aconsejare a seguir tu propio consejo.

Bernard you don't have any idea of what you are talking about, you haven't witnessed nothing about that.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
This is totaly untrue, Hurricane Georges in 1998, came from Puerto Rico and went straigh through the DR, entering first through Higuey and then making a bee-line to Haiti and Cuda. Could there be some Dominican believers witch might argue in favor of your statement yes, a very small number might. However, the lion?s share of Dominicans will agree that faith and prayer is what keeps everyone safe from most danger here in DR.

First of all he said "myth" and then he mentioned the word "most" not "all".

Comprehensive reading.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I think part of the reason the DR doesn't seem to get direct hits by Hurricanes is the central mountain range that is over 10,000 feet high seems to deflect them to the North or the South.