I'm done with Presidente Beer. No mas. Even the black label to hell with it.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Is Weizen Bier available at any grocery store or like La Sirena ? I always forget to check.. And anyone who has never tried it, you really owe it to yourself.. Its really good. Totally different experience from a Pilsner or Lager .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is Weizen Bier available at any grocery store or like La Sirena ? I always forget to check.. And anyone who has never tried it, you really owe it to yourself.. Its really good. Totally different experience from a Pilsner or Lager .

They are available from time to time even at Janet's in Cabrete. Certainly not cheap. Different flavor and OK for a change. I prefer Porters and Stouts.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
In April 2012, Anheuser-Busch InBev's Brazilian unit AmBev agreed to buy a controlling stake in the Dominican Republic-based brewer Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana (CND) for over $1.2 billion, forming the biggest beverage company in the Caribbean.[4] The purchase was for a 41% stake in the CND from Grupo Leon Jimenes and an additional $200 million for Heineken's 10% stake in the CND, giving AmBev 51% majority ownership of the CND.

"Windy"finally posts the facts about "Presidente,AMBEV, and "CND"!
In about 2 months we will have yet another Thread with all the WRONG information!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

If you want to drink great beers, go to Europe,if you want "Good PU$$Y" stay here!!!!!
That's why I quit drinking beer!!!

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Even some Dominicans I know have quit drinking Presidente. I've noticed too that buying a bottle of Brugal lasts me a lot longer then the equivalent in Pesos to Presidente.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Presidente at Punta Cana airport was good....last week......no skunk taste at all. It was smooth. At resort I had mostly rum, I also
bring Bourbon in my suitcase.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
..no skunk taste at all. It was smooth.

Always wonder how someone knows what it tasted like.

It's like saying "it tasted like ****". How ones knows what ****s tastes like if you never tasted it? Or have you?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
That will indeed happen to beer in a green bottle with respect to the influence of sun light. A brown bottle will prevent this nasty condition known as "skunky" beer.

Another good reason to drink Bohemia!

Being a quaint Englishman, I prefer to drink beer from a glass (or even plastic cup) than straight from the bottle. That also tends to avoid the nasty metallic taste you sometimes get. Always use the paper napkin they give you to wipe the top, anyway.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

la sirena and even relatively small supermercado like jose luis have it. 140 or 160 pesos per bottle.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Once, I had 2 bottles of P*ssidente in my cooler... grandes.

the next day, they were full of water.

The caps weren't sealed properly.... that might be a problem for quality and taste - yathink?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The German restaurant next to the car wash in Sosua usually has some real good German beer. They have a store there also where you can buy beer. At least the last time I was there they had it. Have not been there lately.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

The caps weren't sealed properly.... that might be a problem for quality and taste - yathink?

i hope none of it spilled on your resplendent sartorial possessions....

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Presidente has become overpriced, at least in USD, in my opinion. I can buy a 12-pack in Walmart's in Miami for $10.99. It's about $8.50 a 6-pack around Cabarete.

I've noticed it's not as good as it used to be(I've been drinking it for 17 years). For one, I think the alcohol content has been lowered(?). I've also noticed what a lot of others have posted: inconsistent taste(I think due to being stored too warm), foaming when poured at times(maybe something to do with the mug or vaso?). You absolutely have to wipe off the top of the bottle if you don't want that metallic taste.

German and other European beers are very good, but they are expensive and way overpriced in the DR compared to Miami.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com

Someone drank your beer then filled the bottles up with water to cover their tracks.
If they had just pi$$ed in the bottles you never would have known the difference!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Me too.
I reckon that since that other Merican lot took over Presidente it has become a tasteless fizz and that's being polite.
When I first got here I drank Pres all the time then switched to Bohemia which seemed to me a far better beer.

If they cut off Bohemia supplies then I'm going TT....

Brahma is OK after the tenth grande but by then I could down dishwater.........

(How can anyone actually drink Corona??? Baffles me!)

I was going to Mexico a lot in thr late 80's when Cororna first started becoming popular in th states. A lot of Mexicans would ask me why we liked it so much. To them it was a low quality like Brahma here. I don't know why anyone drinks either one of them, but, "there's no accounting for taste".

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Years ago whenever I went to DR from Miami, I noticed that the Presidente they made for USA was different from the ones in DR. I would get a buzz from the DR Presidente and it would taste better. Not anymore. Now It tastes the same as the US crap Presidente and no buzz. Heineken or Dos X for me....None of that Corona crap fro me either!

This has been debated to death. The only difference is that locally they use recycled bottles and export uses new bottles. The rest is in your head, how it's presented, stored etc.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Here's a CCCCism:

"I guarantee," it'll be a lot "tastier" when "she" is your "bartender."

2926807339_8d8d079c8e_o.jpg

To be clear: I don't even like beer. But if she's servin', I'm sure enough drinkin'....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
that's a very convoluted little brain you have there,.....and treacherous

outside the box is an inadequate description

Off the wall might be appropriate......

always a laff...... hahaha

can you be that funny in Spanish ??

xoxoxo

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Always wonder how someone knows what it tasted like.

It's like saying "it tasted like ****". How ones knows what ****s tastes like if you never tasted it? Or have you?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

What are you talking about? I clearly stated that I had the El Presidente last week at the Punta Cana airport.
It was good.