I'm done with Presidente Beer. No mas. Even the black label to hell with it.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Kinda poopooed this thread till I poured my presidente (normal) today and it had no head,- flat! And so was the second one I poured. Thank dog i had a Duvel in the back of the fridge! However, at 200 pesos a bottle its gonna be hard to switch to Duvel,- course the 8% ETOH is a great draw!

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
It simply amazes me....You're on a tropical island ...... beautiful females ....beautiful beaches to match.....money to burn..... but you are upset about your beer?
I guess you would probably notice the pimple on Sofia Vergara's rear end too ;)

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
This has been debated to death. The only difference is that locally they use recycled bottles and export uses new bottles. The rest is in your head, how it's presented, stored etc.

Its been said that The Presidente alcohol content for USA is lowered and for the last couple of years I think they lowered alcohol content on the DR side as well....(savings?). And then they bring out President Black!

Don't care about the bottle, except that the Tiny "P" under the Presidente logo is missing stateside!

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Years ago whenever I went to DR from Miami, I noticed that the Presidente they made for USA was different from the ones in DR. I would get a buzz from the DR Presidente and it would taste better. Not anymore. Now It tastes the same as the US crap Presidente and no buzz. Heineken or Dos X for me....None of that Corona crap fro me either!

corona is the Best of the beers...sorry rite up there...consistant...smooth...good go thru...

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Why would they lower the alcohol content to send it to The US when you can buy stronger beer in the US and a lot cheaper ?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Its been said that The Presidente alcohol content for USA is lowered and for the last couple of years I think they lowered alcohol content on the DR side as well....(savings?). And then they bring out President Black!

Don't care about the bottle, except that the Tiny "P" under the Presidente logo is missing stateside!

I've noticed the difference, too. Presidente used to have much more of a "kick" then it does now. A LOT of my friends have noticed the same. Right on the bottle it says 5% alcohol by volume. That's the same as most American beers.

Back around 2000 a 12oz. cost around $.60 and a 22oz was under a Dollar US. Now a 12oz is about $1.50 and a 22oz almost $2.00 US. I know taxes have gone up on alcohol - so, maybe they reduced the alcohol content to try a keep prices from going any higher and save on costs(?). I can't prove it, but years ago I could swear Presidente was 6.0% - 6.5% alcohol by volume.

Even if I'm wrong on that, as quite a few other posters have said, the green bottle and long storage times in overlywarm conditions will negatively affect the taste of the beer.

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
I've noticed the difference, too. Presidente used to have much more of a "kick" then it does now. A LOT of my friends have noticed the same. Right on the bottle it says 5% alcohol by volume. That's the same as most American beers.

Back around 2000 a 12oz. cost around $.60 and a 22oz was under a Dollar US. Now a 12oz is about $1.50 and a 22oz almost $2.00 US. I know taxes have gone up on alcohol - so, maybe they reduced the alcohol content to try a keep prices from going any higher and save on costs(?). I can't prove it, but years ago I could swear Presidente was 6.0% - 6.5% alcohol by volume.

Even if I'm wrong on that, as quite a few other posters have said, the green bottle and long storage times in overlywarm conditions will negatively affect the taste of the beer.

Right on! it was always stronger in DR. In USA it wouldnt give me a buzz, but it used to give me a buzz in DR. Now in DR it won't give me a buzz. It should cause I dont drink much at all anymore....but I used to drink a lot of Presidente in DR!

6.0 to 6.5% alcohol in DR(before) and 5% in USA sounds right to me....

AND I could get a 12 pack at Navarros in Miami for $8.99...go figure!

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Right on! it was always stronger in DR. In USA it wouldnt give me a buzz, but it used to give me a buzz in DR. Now in DR it won't give me a buzz. It should cause I dont drink much at all anymore....but I used to drink a lot of Presidente in DR!

6.0 to 6.5% alcohol in DR(before) and 5% in USA sounds right to me....

AND I could get a 12 pack at Navarros in Miami for $8.99...go figure!

Whenever I went to another country, I always used to check what the alcohol content of the beer was and, like I said, I could swear it said 6.0% - 6.5% on the bottle years ago.

$8.99 for a 12-pack at Navarros! That's the lowest price I've heard yet! I'll check it out next time I go back. The Dominicans are getting ripped-off. Presidente(AmBev)has to pay for shipping and distribution costs and they sell it for less in th US? It's called "competition", which is totally non-existent in the DR since AmBev basically owns all the beers brewed here - including Brahma, which ought to be put back in the bull it came out of.

The DR ain't as cheap as it used to be!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Whenever I went to another country, I always used to check what the alcohol content of the beer was and, like I said, I could swear it said 6.0% - 6.5% on the bottle years ago.

$8.99 for a 12-pack at Navarros! That's the lowest price I've heard yet! I'll check it out next time I go back. The Dominicans are getting ripped-off. Presidente(AmBev)has to pay for shipping and distribution costs and they sell it for less in th US? It's called "competition", which is totally non-existent in the DR since AmBev basically owns all the beers brewed here - including Brahma, which ought to be put back in the bull it came out of.

If I'm well informed AmBev only owns the production part of CND, the distribution is still in hands of Grupo Leon Jimenez (being the part where most money is made).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Beer Monopoly

It is great when you are the company allowed to have a monopoly.

(Brahma should be put back in the bull it came out of.... great and accurate comment!)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Here's a CCCCism:

"I guarantee," it'll be a lot "tastier" when "she" is your "bartender."

2926807339_8d8d079c8e_o.jpg

To be clear: I don't even like beer. But if she's servin', I'm sure enough drinkin'....

And don't think that the placement of the bottles was just random!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Kinda poopooed this thread till I poured my presidente (normal) today and it had no head,- flat! And so was the second one I poured. Thank dog i had a Duvel in the back of the fridge! However, at 200 pesos a bottle its gonna be hard to switch to Duvel,- course the 8% ETOH is a great draw!

Check out Super Mercado National this week.
DOZENS of imported beers on sale there!

Robert, We can give up!!!
No matter how many times we tell them that Presidente is the same beer wherever you buy it, they go with their "Urban Myths Stories"!!!!
A guy I went to high school with worked there expanding their capacity,..."One Line, One BEER"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
Presidente beer sucks because it is loaded with water. It's the most unrefined beer I've ever drank. If I put it in the same freezer that I keep my bohemia, budweiser and corona in IT FREEZES by the next day. Since ambev has taken over beer quality and customer service have deteriorated. I sell mabe 80 cases or more a week of the s##t and wish there was another alternative. I also sell edninger buts it's expensive from the import tax. That's thanks to presidente protecting their interests. I moved here nine years ago been drinking bohemia for eight and a half.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Looks like it might be better to just make your own beer now. I wonder what would it take to start a personal batch in the DR. I'm sure someone is already doing it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Presidente beer sucks because it is loaded with water. It's the most unrefined beer I've ever drank. If I put it in the same freezer that I keep my bohemia, budweiser and corona in IT FREEZES by the next day. Since ambev has taken over beer quality and customer service have deteriorated. I sell mabe 80 cases or more a week of the s##t and wish there was another alternative. I also sell edninger buts it's expensive from the import tax. That's thanks to presidente protecting their interests. I moved here nine years ago been drinking bohemia for eight and a half.

ALL BEER, is "Loaded With Water"!!!!
Just like "Wine", and "Spirits"!!!

Maybe it's the "Presidente Lite" that freezes, it's the %/amount of alcohol that determines the freezing point not the amount of water.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

Do you mean Erdinger ? and where is your place.. Erdinger and Schneider are my 2 favorites of all time.. but I have never seen Schneider ( possibly the best Weisse in the world) .. outside of my beloved Bavaria. Erdinger seems to be the market leader though, even at like Munich Airport thats all you see.