I'm done with Presidente Beer. No mas. Even the black label to hell with it.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
Presidente must have either more water or less alcohol to freeze as quickly as it does. That was my point.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Presidente must have either more water or less alcohol to freeze as quickly as it does. That was my point.

New Presidente Slogan

" Less alcohol , Better Freezing"
Enjoy , drive responsibly, and dont spill any in your Rental car.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i never understood the love for dominican beer, especially coming from europeans who have great selection of beers of highest quality. it's drinkable but really nothing to rave about.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If I'm well informed AmBev only owns the production part of CND, the distribution is still in hands of Grupo Leon Jimenez (being the part where most money is made).

I think you're right. Call the two a "cartel" then. You still have all the beers here being controlled by one producer and one distributor. Talk about a monopoly.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
i never understood the love for dominican beer, especially coming from europeans who have great selection of beers of highest quality. it's drinkable but really nothing to rave about.

European beers are great. If I grew up drinking them, I probably wouldn't think Presidente was that great either.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
ALL BEER, is "Loaded With Water"!!!!
Just like "Wine", and "Spirits"!!!

Maybe it's the "Presidente Lite" that freezes, it's the %/amount of alcohol that determines the freezing point not the amount of water.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You're right. President Lite is only 4.3% alcohol and will freeze faster than Presidente regular at 5%.

You're right about there only being one Presidente, too. It's storage time and temp that can affect the taste. Think about how hot it gets on some of those containers for 3 days enroute to the US. How long does it sit out on the docks in the hot Miami sun before being shipped? That's why some Americans think it's a different beer.

Pasteurization reduces shelf life, too. Not sure about Presidente(?), but a lot of foreign beers and micro-breweries don't pastuerize their beer. They say it doesn't taste as good pasteurized.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Like anything Dumbinican who is really checking the alcohol content or the validity of any ingredient?

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Presidente has become overpriced, at least in USD, in my opinion. I can buy a 12-pack in Walmart's in Miami for $10.99. It's about $8.50 a 6-pack around Cabarete.

I've noticed it's not as good as it used to be(I've been drinking it for 17 years). For one, I think the alcohol content has been lowered(?). I've also noticed what a lot of others have posted: inconsistent taste(I think due to being stored too warm), foaming when poured at times(maybe something to do with the mug or vaso?). You absolutely have to wipe off the top of the bottle if you don't want that metallic taste.

German and other European beers are very good, but they are expensive and way overpriced in the DR compared to Miami.

Why would anyone buy and drink Presidente in the states?

Aug 6, 2006
Why would anyone buy and drink Presidente in the states?

========================================
I can agree, but why would anyone buy Brahma or Corona in the US, either? Or Bud Lite, for that matter.

Some people like watery beers. It is a matter of taste.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Like anything Dumbinican who is really checking the alcohol content or the validity of any ingredient?

Who even knows how good the quality control is at the Presidente brewery(?). Quality control is not a strong point here in the DR.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Pasteurization reduces shelf life, too. Not sure about Presidente(?), but a lot of foreign beers and micro-breweries don't pastuerize their beer. They say it doesn't taste as good pasteurized.

i'm pretty sure it's the other way around. unpasteurized beers have shorter shelf life.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Alcohol levels

Alcohol levels:

6% in Presidente Black
5% in Presidente
5% in Bohemia
4.3% in Presidente Light
4.3% In Bohemia Light

And for horse pee:
4.3% in Brahma
4.0% in Brahma Light (out of production?)
4.6% in Corona Extra
4.1% in Corona Light